HST and RIPTOE Training

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Apr. 20 2007,18:50)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I have lost alot of my previous respect for Rippetoe. Starting Strength is an awesome book. I loved it. But then I bought Practical Programming and I was sorely disappointed. Nothing much new in there, even some weird, unproven theories about hypertrophy. And the book doesn't even have any real routines in it, it basically just gives guidlenes to go by, which I don't even agree with many of them. I have found MUCH better information on the net about training than in that hyped up book.</div>
Haha, I don't bring it up much, but everyone loves to throw praise at Practical Programming, and I agree with you, that it's over-hyped and overrated.

Rippetoe talks about the ideal balance being a marriage between research and &quot;in the trenches experience&quot; in the first chapter. Which is a good idea. Now, look at how many of his assertions are actually referenced.

Lifting,

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I have settled on HST and will end it with a Rippetoe type program. Thanks for all your help.

As for others, whether or not you agree with me, I am simply sharing what I have learned and feel is true after alot of research. I havent made any claims I havent experienced. I have gained 20 pounds, the raw fat and meat have made me quite healthy, and there is plenty of research supporting this style as good for all sorts of medical conditions. And the whole troll thing I find laughable but whatever floats your boat.

After all, whether or not people agree is of no consequence to me. What do I gain by someone agreeing with me? Nada, Zip, Zero. I think its pride and vanity that makes people get so worked up over someone they dont even know and a simple discussion.

Anyway, thanks to all those that are helping me out. And to the others, I still respect your opinions and dont hold any bad manners aginst ya.

God Bless guys,
Jeff

Back