I, BODYBUILDER: Radical Strategy for Radical Hyper

ryolacap

Any speculation on the principles of the new program T-Nation is putting out? Not out yet but I can’t wait to see.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAA! That's funny man, and probably correct! Good to see you again Tot - been a while. You probably know I'm chasing your dead with a vengeance!
70 lbs to go.

"I'm going to throw you a curve-ball and actually give out our cost. I can't imagine anyone in my position ever doing this, but a bottle of Anaconda costs us about 80 bucks to produce and inventory in our warehouse... $83.19 to be exact. Add in FedEx charges to customers, and that price rolls past $90.00."

<div>
(quadancer @ Jul. 21 2009,9:42)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">BWAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAA! That's funny man, and probably correct! Good to see you again Tot - been a while. You probably know I'm chasing your dead with a vengeance!
70 lbs to go.</div>
And in the mean time, I'm chasing your bench...

In the video C. Thibadeau states that bodybuilders get their muscles in a state for high threshold training but don't take advantage of it (or something to this effect). The first thing that popped into my head was Borge's Myo-Reps program. I, Bodybuilder is a supplement campaign to be sure, and a campy one at that. As to whether there's any merit to the training program we'll just have to wait and see. Despite T-nation's increasingly aggressive supplement marketing there really are some good articles on the site. I'm sorry to say that recently none have been written. I think the talent pool is getting shallow.

Haven't heard anything about the 'new' prog from T-N yet. I'll check it out if some kind person posts a link here.

Like QP, I have found some of the T-Nation articles to be really helpful; some well respected coaches have given their 2¢. There's also a lot of less-than-helpful stuff that might send the ill informed/less experienced trainee on a bit of a wild goose chase or product purchasing spree.

For me, Børge's Myo-reps program is the most interesting thing to come along since Dan's Max-Stim program. It adds a another chapter to the HST book that Bryan started (hypothetically speaking!
biggrin.gif
).

My expensive pee days are over, unless not only does a product have a reasonable price, but it has a thousand anecdotes from people NOT selling it, on sites that DON'T sell it, and it fits my goals.
edit: I just read the translated Myo-Reps program I found:
http://www.clutchfitness.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9363  - and I'm amazed and in agreement with it. It's very similar to some of the stuff I'm doing for sticking points! I'll give it a detailed read later. Especially since I've probably gotten 50 people to try max-stim in the last few years.

In the meantime, I distrust any program linked to a product, since that's a sales tactic that's been used by the diet companies for many years now - FOR PRODUCTS THAT DON'T WORK!
Squats and Milk baby, squats and milk.

I am acually thinking the I-B program will be similar to M-S but instead of singles it will be little clusters. But I dont know. They are definatly pushing the 'Anaconda' - suppose to be a insulin booster ( Um glucose). I used to own a few GNC's and I know the real cost of supplements. If they are paying 80 bucks to produce it they are getting scammed. Here is an example, 2 pound 30 dollar jug of protien would cost GNC 4 dollars to make.

while I was skimming the article, looking for the supplement... I was drinking chocolate milk and eating a banana.

I almost spit the banana on my keyboard when I read:

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
&quot;Oh, I'm sure there will be a couple of dozen pus-filled Internet moron-trolls who can't wait to prove how they 'got nothing from loaded insulin surges and HTH, and all you really need is 'chocolate milk and a banana.'</div>

I guess this means I am 'pus-filled' as well as full from my bananas and milk.

<div>
(quadancer @ Jul. 22 2009,6:59)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Squats and Milk baby, squats and milk.</div>
Doesn't all that Frac 10, and Gaba, and Norateen, and dibencozide (?) and Beta-aluminium, (?) work then???

Damn, thats money down the drain then....!

I agree, the myo-reps thing is interesting and is very similar to some of the experiments I've been doing with combining max-stim and rest-pause training...

HOLY CRAMOLY!!!
We did MyoReps today for bench and I have-never-felt-a-chest-pump-like THAT!!! WOW!
I used 205 to play it safe and by the seventh set of 3 I was mighty glad I didn't do a full 10rm for this, because, and I hate to say it, this blows MS away in that sense. We were so excited, we went to a decline machine and did it again. Then we were so excited and pumped, we went to the pec deck and DID IT AGAIN!
My chest has never been more engorged! We plan to do this every 3rd workout. You don't need any dang supplements, just do this.
Oh, then we went and did a push/pull no rest routine for bi's and tri's. I almost ran out of blood.

There may be one problem with doing this routine though: it will be awful hard NOT to do it anytime you're doing a 10-rep set, because you will forever KNOW that there is a massive pump with enormous TUT right in your hands!
edit: Can't resist...just gotta say it...MyoMY!!!

Dan,

Would the fatigue induced by myo-reps run contrary to the pathway goal of max-stim? I distinctly remember your hypothesis that fatigue could block hypertrophic signaling hence the rest the rest-pause in MS.

I'm not Dan, but I'll say that doing MyoReps for legs after a leg max has me a bit less enthused. I went home bowlegged and soaked, gasping for AIR! MS is less intense, for me anyway.
Actually, Myoreps is more like the old Progressive Rest Pause than MS, although all 3 use the same weight throughout and all use pauses. In Progressives, you go to near failure in each set but start with 5 secs M-time and add 5 seconds each set up to 30 seconds. Twice in a week is too much.

I start off the session with a Max Stim rackpull or clean deadlift - only 6-10 reps though
and then follow that up with either myo-rep Good morning or Squats

it works really well, strength and neural jacking up followed by hypertrophy work. I find the lifts following the Max Stim stuff feel a lot lighter and easier to do

So I re watched the i-bodybuilding video, and I think I know what they are doing.  I would love to hear the opinions, especially of Brian and Dan.

Basically it looks like a they use close to max weight, and do a couple single reps to activate the nervous system then they do a second set 2 reps a little lighter, then a third set 3 reps with a little lighter weight   It looks like the reps were not full range either, about 2/3 reps.  Almost like a drop set, but with more rest.  That is what it looked like.

I think the idea is to activate the nervous system then to work the muscles.  How do you think this compares to the strategies of Hypertrophy?  Supposedly they made incredible gains (20 pounds 8 weeks kinda stuff)

<div>
(ryolacap @ Jul. 31 2009,11:50)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">So I re watched the i-bodybuilding video, and I think I know what they are doing.  I would love to hear the opinions, especially of Brian and Dan.

Basically it looks like a they use close to max weight, and do a couple single reps to activate the nervous system then they do a second set 2 reps a little lighter, then a third set 3 reps with a little lighter weight   It looks like the reps were not full range either, about 2/3 reps.  Almost like a drop set, but with more rest.  That is what it looked like.

I think the idea is to activate the nervous system then to work the muscles.  How do you think this compares to the strategies of Hypertrophy?  Supposedly they made incredible gains (20 pounds 8 weeks kinda stuff)</div>
This is pretty much what I was thinking too due to the repeated claims of it being &quot;all about the CNS&quot; , I think the partials are set up to eliminate any reflexive energy - by for example lifting bench starting from the lowered position.

Is CT claiming natural status these days or is that whole subject just not addressed?
smile.gif

JC did a write up / review of it over at JCD fitness.

JC knows his stuff and basically he called the program complete Bull-shi-t.

Back