Larry Scott

Photoshopped. There are telltale editing artifacts.

Why the hell do these people have to do this? His arm clearly looked damn good before they edited it.

<div>
(Totentanz @ Jun. 30 2007,22:33)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Photoshopped.  There are telltale editing artifacts.

Why the hell do these people have to do this?  His arm clearly looked damn good before they edited it.</div>
I dont think it looks chopped at all, although anything is possible in this day and age.

I blew it up in pShop and looked at it very closely with a few different techniques. I do think his peak looks bigger becuase the shirt is cutting down into the top of the bicep, creating an appearance of more of a ball

If you have another version that is different I'd like to take a look.

Still...
After looking at the natty comp guys I began to lose hope for gaining much more, even if I can get my energy up again. They just really didn't impress me that much. But some of these older guys who've gone the AA route...I just wouldn't mind looking like that in my 60's and beyond. Only I wouldn't go to the comp levels they've done; not even close.
Some natty's: http://jon-harris.net/forum/index.php?topic=1536.15

Well, you must consider that Scott, just like other top dogs in bbing, were also very very gifted genetically. There are a number of steroid users who look like complete and utter ****. That being said...being a natural is a pain in the butt most of the time, especially if you`re not african-american with a western african heritage.

<div>
(Morgoth the Dark Enemy @ Jul. 01 2007,05:21)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Dbol still works after all these years. Cool supplement.</div>
I bet it's your standard HRT and GH protocols.

<div>
(tjframe @ Jul. 02 2007,03:43)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Morgoth the Dark Enemy @ Jul. 01 2007,05:21)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Dbol still works after all these years. Cool supplement.</div>
I bet it's your standard HRT and GH protocols.</div>
Unlikely. Even with Scott's great genetics, I don`t think the normal dosage for HRT would allow him to achieve anything like the conditioning exhibited in those pictures, at his age.

<div>
(colby2152 @ Jul. 02 2007,14:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Quad, those naturals were in the under 78kg class, so you have no reason to lose hope!</div>
Generally, the competing in a higher class simply means you failed to diet properly
biggrin.gif
Just kidding, BTW.

Okay, so maybe I was wrong. But... aside from that, there is a lot of photoshopping of pictures with the old pros. I don't know why, because they look great anyway. So why exaggerate it? I don't get it.

Looking at his other arm, concealed in the sleeve, it seems believable that his bicep would be that large. So... I concede on this one.

<div>
(quadancer @ Jul. 03 2007,01:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Protecting your skinny reputation Mor?
laugh.gif
</div>
But of course...because it`s always someone else`s fault when we fail to achieve something, and underachieving is actually good
biggrin.gif

<div>
(quadancer @ Jul. 01 2007,12:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Still...
After looking at the natty comp guys I began to lose hope for gaining much more, even if I can get my energy up again. They just really didn't impress me that much. But some of these older guys who've gone the AA route...I just wouldn't mind looking like that in my 60's and beyond. Only I wouldn't go to the comp levels they've done; not even close.
Some natty's: http://jon-harris.net/forum/index.php?topic=1536.15</div>
quadman also remember those natty guys have been on a diet for 16wks,and retaining all your muscle while getting into the single didget fat% is very hard if not impossible.

they probably looked at there best as far as muscle fullness about 4wks out IMO.

also have you also noticed with the nattys there legs look scrawny compared to juicers.

<div>
(faz @ Jul. 03 2007,13:33)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(quadancer @ Jul. 01 2007,12:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Still...
quadman also remember those natty guys have been on a diet for 16wks,and retaining all your muscle while getting into the single didget fat% is very hard if not impossible.

they probably looked at there best as far as muscle fullness about 4wks out IMO.

also have you also noticed with the nattys there legs look scrawny compared to juicers.</div>
Not all. Generally those that do retarded stuff like 100-rep workouts to get the cutz+3 hours of HIIT per day to burn the fat. There are some pretty impressive natties, but they`re genetically gifted, fairly short, and generally african-americans. I`ve seen few caucasians that were quite good as well, but that is less likely to occur. And if you`re tall you`re probably screwed, as the chances of getting that tightly packed look that most strive for with bbing is near impossible without some ergogenic aids, and some goodly genetics.

And then the biggest downside of BB'ing is that you have to keep it up: it's not accumulative. Then the age spiral hits and you have to work just as hard just to keep the beef as you did before to grow it.
Same with AA's...when you stop you lose a lot of your gains; I don't care what some nut on Buttbuilding.com says...so to some extent you have to keep some level of it going to keep above normal gains.
None of that stops me from wanting to get bigger and enjoy mass and strength if I can. And now we know that there are very many guys out there who've grown on AA's, and still have a lot of the mass they peaked with by maintenance cycles and are still healthy. In a lesser extent; natty's have peaked at some point, and do maintenance in their older years, and maintain a lot of their former glory with just diet and workouts. But TBH, they don't impress me enough, as might Larry or Pax Beale and some of the other nonsedentary aging giants. Oooops, mistake. I think Pax was a natty.  http://www.octamedia.com/features/2255.html

<div>
(quadancer @ Jul. 03 2007,19:05)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I think Pax was a natty.  http://www.octamedia.com/features/2255.html</div>
That guy looks pretty awesome. I hope I look half as good when I'm his age. Can't say much for his taste in clothes though.

<div>
(Morgoth the Dark Enemy @ Jul. 03 2007,12:59)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(faz @ Jul. 03 2007,13:33)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>

also have you also noticed with the nattys there legs look scrawny compared to juicers.</div>
Not all. Generally those that do retarded stuff like 100-rep workouts to get the cutz+3 hours of HIIT per day to burn the fat. There are some pretty impressive natties, but they`re genetically gifted, fairly short, and generally african-americans. I`ve seen few caucasians that were quite good as well, but that is less likely to occur. And if you`re tall you`re probably screwed, as the chances of getting that tightly packed look that most strive for with bbing is near impossible without some ergogenic aids, and some goodly genetics.</div>
morgorth i agree there are some good natty bbrs,most of them at the top of there weight range,but as you said they normaly have good or freaky genetics.

i also think the problem is natty feds have gone along the same lines of judging as the none nattys,and as we know most of the guys in these shows go in ripped to the bone,wherase i dont beleive IMO the naturals should place so much enphasis on condition ie being ripped.

look at the old time naturals like steve reeves etc they wern`t as ripped but IMO looked better.

Back