MAX-STIM FOR MASS.

Yeah the arms have grown the fastest proportionately.

Don't worry Joe Muscle, quad and I get paid for our mechanical talents. Just as you get paid for your financial talents. Its not just a hobby!

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Jan. 13 2008,07:59)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Don't worry Joe Muscle, quad and I get paid for our mechanical talents.  Just as you get paid for your financial talents.  Its not just a hobby!</div>
No doubt!

I didn't mean any offense in that
biggrin.gif

No doubt you guys are doing well!

<div>
(Lol @ Jan. 13 2008,07:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Yeah, but it sounds like you are one of those 'lucky' folks who could get someone else to build it for them instead. Every cloud has a silver lining!  
biggrin.gif
</div>
I didn't mean for that comment to sound like Donald Trump...hehe
biggrin.gif

I just have a business that is mentally exhausting more than physically.

Don't get me wrong I did some hardcore construction labor and neon sign work in my younger years!
biggrin.gif

Incindentally, mental strain will scroo your evening workout up almost as much as a hard day toting materials! OTOH, I'm able to keep more muscle now that I'm doing more management; not eating it up with WORK!

<div>
(quadancer @ Jan. 13 2008,09:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Incindentally, mental strain will scroo your evening workout up almost as much as a hard day toting materials! OTOH, I'm able to keep more muscle now that I'm doing more management; not eating it up with WORK!</div>
I completely agree!

1/14/08

Front Squats- 45 x10, 135 x3, 185 x10 MS. I like these much better than back squats except the wrist strain, but I heard that gets better with practice. I just seem to fall into perfect form, while with back squats it is a struggle for me to go deep.
SL Squats- 135 4x5
SL Calves- 135 2x10
(unilateral work is going good, especially since my left leg is smaller than the right)
Leg Raises- 2x10

Gulped down 50g of Whey and 5g of creatine which I always do after a workout, but never mention.

Maybe I need to get some creatine to take with my whey too. Keep up the good work. Haven't tried front squats yet. When you do those do you go deep like in an ATG Squat?

Yeah, I go to the bottom with these. Very hard on the quadriceps coming back up! I never noticed any response with creatine, but study after study shows significant strength and/or hypertrophy increase with creatine supplementation, so I figure...what the hey!
cool.gif

I agree with you on the creatine.  I never really noticed any huge response to it either, but take it hoping it gives me a little bit extra.  

Sci: Wrist strain definitely improves with time and perseverance although it can take more time than you would like! Give your wrists a good warmup and stretch before you start and you should find that'll help ease the discomfort.

DW: it feels like you can go deeper with front squats than regular back squats because of a much more upright torso during the movement. As you descend, your knees will go forward more and you will be able to feel your calves touching your hamstrings when you are in the hole. Your lower back should remain tight the whole time. There's less hamstring involvement in the movement so, as Sci says, you'll really feel it in your quads.

By the way, thank you, Lol, for turning me on to front squats. For whatever reason I was never able to go as low as I wanted to with a back squat. I would say &quot;ATG&quot;, but really I was only going just a bit past parallel. Front squats allow me to go all the way down until my thighs and calves touch!

Due to my current shoulder difficulties I've been using the Dave Draper crossed hands method of holding the bar. It may not be as kosher, but it works for me.

[We now return to Sci's regularly scheduled training log...
smile.gif
]

1/16/08

Deadlift: 135 for 2x10; 225 for 2x3; 275 for 10.

Press: 45 for 20; 120 for 10x3.

Chin-ups: 10x3

Messing around with triples on press and chins, regular max-stim for deads.  I have moved my split around a bit to make it more like a Bill Starr 5x5 split.  His training programs have captivated me lately.
I skipped curls as my biceps were seriously swole after chinups.

Nice lifting, sci! Aren't triples fun?

Out of curiosity, what was your m-time for your deads? 275 for 10 must have felt great!

<div>
(_tim @ Jan. 17 2008,11:07)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Nice lifting, sci!  Aren't triples fun?

Out of curiosity, what was your m-time for your deads?  275 for 10 must have felt great!</div>
Pretty high, 20-30 seconds. But can you blame me, these deadlift buggers are hard!

Been doing regular reps lately, I always get bored with max-stim after a month or so...

The t-bar machine is helping my back, got 175 for 9 reps tonight, it won't be long before I am rowing over 200 for reps!

Back