MAX-STIM FOR MASS.

12/14/07

180 lb.s Just finished a very long but successful cut. And it is time to get some strength back and train for mass again.

The program will be a full-body MAX-STIMULATION workout training twice per week.

All exercise will have one warm-up set and one MAX-STIM set of 20 reps at 5-30 seconds M-TIME.

Exercises
Warm-up on Stair-stepper for 15 minutes.
Squats.
Shrugs.
Chin-ups.
Wide-grip Rows.
Dips.
Bench Press.
Dumbell Laterals.
Dumbell Curls.

I will post my first workout later.
Also posting a log at the MAX-STIMULATION FORUM.

That's Great! That was I wanted to see... some bulking using Max Stim, let's see the results
smile.gif

I'm doing a max stim cycle as well, but only for upper body because I have twisted my foot so I have cast on it.

edit: by the way, how's your diet ? are you gallon-milk drinker too ?

Light 'em up, Sci! You've had a lot of progress with Max-Stim in the past. I look forward to following your new program.

So, how come you don't plan any deadlifts...? They're just about the perfect Max-Stim exercise. They're much easier to "re-rack" than squats.

I suppose our challenge is over? I'm still making leaps into lower weight and bodyfat% albeit the infrequent weight lifting schedule.

Diet will be maintenance, then moving into a slow bulker.

No deadlifts, as squats and shrugs work all the same muscles WITHOUT destroying my lower back as frequent deadlifting can do to me.

Colby, I am done cutting...lost 8 lb.s since the challenge began and I am around 10-11% bodyfat. You are more than welcome to try and beat those numbers by Jan. 1st!
wink.gif

Good routine.Volume is ok.80 total reps per week per body-part.
I too do full-body two times a week, but mine dont works, dont know why
sad.gif

12/14/07

The best, hardest workout I have experienced in a very long time! 8)

Squats- 275
Shrugs- 315
Chins- BW
WG Rows- 155
Dips- BW+35
Bench- 185
Laterals- 20s
Curls- 35s

All were done for 20 reps with m-time...Laterals and Curls were done in a "max-stim superset" One rep of laterals immediately followed by one rep of curls followed by laterals, etc. until 20 reps done for each. Amazing pump, yet lack of fatigue.
Shrugs and Dips in particular were very intense and ALOT more sweat than usual! 8)

I'll be following this one. Do you plan on just one cycle of it, or more? Your stats will be the really interesting thing, before and after. We expect great strength gains, but hypertrophy seems to be an undocumented area for MS.

Ok...here are my starting measurements. (don't laugh I just finished a long cut and have shrunk!)
Thigh: 24"
Waist: 33"
Chest: 43"
Arm: 15"

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Dec. 15 2007,01:11)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Amazing pump, yet lack of fatigue.
Shrugs and Dips in particular were very intense and ALOT more sweat than usual! 8)</div>
Those are two points that I've noticed in particular about Max-Stim: no fatigue and a lot of sweat!

Cool workout Sci. Are you reracking between reps or doing doubles? What about shrugs?

Re-racking every rep. Shrugs are done like rack pulls, pulling off of pins. Max-stim allows much better loading during shrugs as my grip doesn't give out as in regular sets.

I always have to use straps for shrugs. It's the only time I use them now. I just can't hang on to enough load for reps with a regular grip and I don't want to use reverse grip. I might have to give MS shrugs a try with my max single regular-grip static hold load.

Lol, you're pulling your new deads w/o straps? I'd have never got to where I am repping barehanded, but that's a good thought going strapless for all the MS work; should be no need.

Sci, Slapshot and I were talking about all the things going on in here lately and we wondered about a few things. Like how did you come to a 10% conclusion for the BF? What method of measurement did you use? Your pic sort of belied the evidence of being that low (not dissing you bro, just wondering), since we couldn't see the lower abs.
Same question as before: are you running more than one cycle of MS? Reason I ask is, I'd expect glycogen filling and a host of other things that have nothing to do with muscle gains to begin with as you return to eating and changing up your program. After that, I'd expect the MS to be running on it's own and more evidential as to it's propensity for hypertrophy, you see?

Well, I used a combination of circumference chart and BIA, so definitely not the most accurate. I still believe I am around 10-11% or close, My lower abs wouldn't show until I was under 8% probably!
biggrin.gif

I plan on doing max-stim indefinitely, as I have had my best results in hypertrophy and strength on it.

It has been over 48 hours since my Max-stim workout and I am sore all over. A good omen that this routine is well-planned and I am hoping for some good hypertrophy gains to come in the next few months.
biggrin.gif

looks like a hard workout sci... im sure youll get great results from it.

i see you have db laterals in your workout. ive never done them seriously and im not sure about the form.. red somewhere that you should do them like your pouring out a glass of water as you raise your arms (palms allmost facing backward instead of facing the floor in top position)..
how do you do them?

<div>
(quadancer @ Dec. 16 2007,08:46)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Same question as before: are you running more than one cycle of MS? Reason I ask is, I'd expect glycogen filling and a host of other things that have nothing to do with muscle gains to begin with as you return to eating and changing up your program. After that, I'd expect the MS to be running on it's own and more evidential as to it's propensity for hypertrophy, you see?</div>
Once you go back to a normal carb intake, that would take care of itself relatively quick. I think any solid gains in measurements he achieves this cycle can pretty much be chalked up to MS.
Anyway, pretty much all his size is from MS anyway, except maybe some leg size, since I recall he had some good thigh growth with korte. But from what I remember, all sci has done has been MS.

I actually do them as a power-movement with a slight bend in the arms. I don't think about my hands too much, I just focus on contracting the delts as hard as possible and holding the dumbells 'up' for as long as possible with a slow negative. Really works the lateral delts like mad.

Back