MAX-STIM FOR MASS.

M-time is anywhere between 5 and 30 seconds.  I go completely by feel, I don't count really.  Also , my tendons are experiencing slight inflammation from micro-damage, so I am training with less frequency, about twice/week or less to allow for recovery.  For example I did my back and biceps on the 27th, so today is 72 hours later, but I still feel some residual soreness, so I will postpone my training until tomorrow, better safe than sorry at these loads.
wow.gif
Dan Moore has warned to be vigilant against an injury when using the heavy loads that m-time allows, even if this means training with less frequency. After all, its better to take an extra day or two off, rather than take a forced layoff for a week, a month or more!

1/7/08

I am going to do a week or so de-load on the main lifts (squat/shrug/bench) as I am stalling on all three and they are getting too heavy.

Squat- 225 4x5
Single-leg squat 135 4x5 I really like these as they hit my thighs really hard, harder than regular squats which I feel target mainly my glutes and low back.
Single-leg calf raise- 135 2x10
Hanging leg raise 2x10

Not doing max-stim on legs for now, I liked getting a burn this time.

For the best news of all.....

My wife will be bulking pretty hard for the next eight months...she's pregnant with our first! Now I have an excuse to go all out and bulk up with her!
wink.gif

laugh.gif
    Seriously though, I am very happy!
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Jan. 07 2008,20:18)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">My wife will be bulking pretty hard for the next eight months...she's pregnant with our first! Now I have an excuse to go all out and bulk up with her!
wink.gif
laugh.gif
Seriously though, I am very happy!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
</div>
Congratulations. That is awesome news.

You'd better start sleeping extra now because in eight months, you're going to be going up to six months without a full night of sleep. Anyway, watching the birth of your first child is one of the most amazing experiences you'll ever have. I envy you, I wish I could experience it again.

Hey, I'm late to the party! Big congrats to you and your dear lady, Sci. That is fantastic news mate and I echo Colby's sentiments.

I know what Totz means about the birth of your own child; after my lad was born and when it was time for me to leave the hospital a few hours later, I sat in my car and cried like a baby for about 10 minutes. I'd never been so emotional up until that point in my life.

And, as Totz also pointed out, I got used to getting a lot less sleep too, which is why it's 4:30am. here and I'm still typing this!

Just read what you did for your last w/o. How the heck did you manage 135 for one-legged squats? How do you balance the bar and where do you stick your free leg?

Hey, if you haven't already done so, you must give front squats a try at some point. They are real quad busters and the loads are lighter than for back squats so you feel much more in control. You just have to get used to the racked position which can take a few weeks.

Aha! I just found from your previous log that you have done them and thought they were pretty good for you. Well, I'm hoping to see you give them a shot again sometime and build the load up a bit. I don't think I'd want to do them as MS style reps because of the fuss of racking and reracking but sets of 3 are good to do.

<div>
(Lol @ Jan. 07 2008,23:37)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I know what Totz means about the birth of your own child; after my lad was born and when it was time for me to leave the hospital a few hours later, I sat in my car and cried like a baby for about 10 minutes. I'd never been so emotional up until that point in my life.</div>
Yeah, the same sort of thing happened to me. I'm a fairly unemotional kind of guy, but when I saw my son for the first time, I cried like a baby. I couldn't help it, I just starting sobbing and couldn't stop. It was weird.

So watch out for that.

<div>
(Lol @ Jan. 07 2008,23:37)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">after my lad was born and when it was time for me to leave the hospital a few hours later, I sat in my car and cried like a baby for about 10 minutes.</div>
I have seven grown children. All I can say is you guys are in for the adventure of your lives.

Lol, I didn't really begin to cry until I got the hospital bill...
sad.gif

<div>
(Lol @ Jan. 07 2008,23:45)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Just read what you did for your last w/o. How the heck did you manage 135 for one-legged squats? How do you balance the bar and where do you stick your free leg?

Hey, if you haven't already done so, you must give front squats a try at some point. They are real quad busters and the loads are lighter than for back squats so you feel much more in control. You just have to get used to the racked position which can take a few weeks.

Aha! I just found from your previous log that you have done them and thought they were pretty good for you. Well, I'm hoping to see you give them a shot again sometime and build the load up a bit. I don't think I'd want to do them as MS style reps because of the fuss of racking and reracking but sets of 3 are good to do.</div>
I just stick the other leg out to the side and only use it for balance/support. These really strained my thighs very hard. I am not sure why, but I think it is similar to front squats that I can keep more upright and put all the stress on the thighs, and less on the glutes, hips and low back. Also since I have to balance on one leg, the leg is directly below my center of gravity. I thought about doing front squats but I find it gives my delts a workout holding the bar olympic style. I am basically just being a wimp about it, maybe I will try out front squats again.

RE: pregnancy.
yeah, the emotions haven't hit me yet. And I imagine I will be like you dads and it won't hit me until delivery, and then I will explode with joy/tears. That is probably a typical man's style.
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Prepare to have no sleep for a month or two.

Its the best thing that will EVER happen two you though.

There is nothing I love more than my child!

Congrats!

It must be the weather, I just got an email from my oldest son today and it appears I'm about to be a grandpa again.

So a big big congrats to you guys and enjoy them while you can, they grow up too fast.

(*As I said yesterday I am in de-load phase and for the next two weeks I will ramp back up to my previous max-stim loads.)

1/8/08

Shrugs 315 4x5
Chinups 4x5
Sup. Rows 4x5
DB Curls 40s 4x5

My body is sore today from my waist to my toes. Good leg workout yesterday!
wow.gif

Congrats on the pregnancy!!!!

The reason I got into fitness at all was because I gained 45 lbs with our first pregnancy. I was a fat slob for 5 years. Then I started diet and cardio. Then lifting, whereupon I learn of HST and ...

Having a kid is great!!! I've got two future workout partners myself. You will go through some sleep deprivation at first, so be prepared!!! Your wallet will take a hit with diapers and food too. But you'll love it anyway!

1/11/08

I skipped legs yesterday because they were still quite sore and I was very fatigued in general. It was a perfect opportunity to do some deadlifts in my back workout since legs were fresh!

Deadlifts: 245 4x5
Chins: 4x5
T-bar Rows: 135 4x5
DB Curls: 42.5s 4x5

All light stuff, quite easy, still in de-load phase.

I built a T-bar Row machine today, I absolutely love it! I have been wanting to do this exercise for a long time, it hit my mid/upper back like nothing else before!!! Thanks for the inspiration Quadancer.
cool.gif

DSCN4376.jpg

DSCN4375.jpg

Back