New program on the market! :D

After looking at the ad and claims I'll say this:
A lot of what he says we've discussed in this site at various times, so a lot of it makes sense, especially for breaking genetic limits. That's what bodybuilding is about. But...
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">You'll use an INCREDIBLE training technique that, in five days, will BLOW YOUR MIND, delivering the results you would normally see from 5 MONTHS of training.</div> ...yeah, I gotta see THAT...
Sounds like a shock technique to me...to start with.
I'm gonna try those barbell curl squats in about 30 minutes just for fun.
Now down the line he puts this:
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">But keep this in mind...on Friday, Oct. 26th at midnight, the price WILL go up to $37 (possibly $47). The $27 that YOU can get the book for NOW will disappear.</div>
Just wait for Oct. 27th or so and see if that date changes. One sign of hype. Majestic claims are another. Uh, gee, did he do that? Yup.
Nonetheless, there could be something to &quot;rebuilding&quot; the body systematically as he claims, but I have to wonder what happens to the rest of the body while you're spending endless workouts on one part at a time? The grain of truth I see is that he is putting stressors on CNS, cardio, lowrep and highrep work and others that may or may not work in tandem with one another if done in a certain order.
The hype that stands out here is his Master's degrees, board certificates, outstanding years of Phisiology training...oh, waitaminnit...
another BB'er with a plan, man.

Hype. Just look at all the taglines &quot;PUT ON 10 LBS OF LEAN MASS IN 28 DAYS!! THEN DO IT AGAIN THE NEXT 28 DAYS!!!1&quot; and all the promises of adding 60 lbs to your deadlift in a half hour, blah blah.

Anyway, if I remember correctly, this guy's program is mostly about partials, using bands, etc, to increase the tension on the muscle. Nothing new.

Read the site a bit and you'll realize this guy is a moron. Look at his video of the exercise he invented to strengthen your core, he calls them &quot;Barbell Curl Squats.&quot; They are FRONT SQUATS!! But with crap form. Hahah. I find that funny as hell.

Notice how his only testimonials and endorsements are from other authors? Guess what? Go to their sites and you'll see all the same names offering endorsements for each other's products. It's a &quot;you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours&quot; kind of thing.

This whole site of his is funny. Look at some of his claims:

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
After focusing the program on deadlifts, using one of the training techniques, I gained 7 lbs of bodyweight in one week and added 60 lbs to my deadlifting capacity in just FOUR DAYS (from 365 lbs x 6 reps to 425 lbs x 6 reps) - CRAZY results!
</div>

Uh... I don't need to say anything here.

I focused on my chest in one round and ended up being able to do sets of flyes with 120 lb dumbells!
</div>

Underneath this claim is a picture of him on a SWISS BALL doing what I guess he considers flies. Yeah, I might be able to manage that much weight if I had utterly crap form like that. Make sure you use the swiss ball to increase the danger of killing yourself, otherwise you aren't hardcore. And you know you can't gain muscle unless you are hardcore BRO!!

It's easy for these guys to say &quot;this will change the way we think about muscle building&quot; when they don't provide any information at all about the actual program. Unless you pay, of course. All we are offered is outlandish claims about the results, nothing about what the program actually entails.
I'm not impressed. I am entertained though. Funny stuff.

I say we wait till he starts a forum and sic Simon on his @$$...
biggrin.gif
(j/k)

<div>
(Morgoth the Dark Enemy @ Oct. 22 2007,12:37)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">This **** must work...look at the dude on top of the linked page, he's shredded to the bone. Great conditioning&amp;good proportion there</div>
I don't know Morgoth, a potential side effect of this program is losing your skin!
ghostface.gif

You know, if you guys were really hardcore, you wouldn't be worried about merely losing your skin.

Good point Tot! LOL

You can always tell when something is a scan when the format of the web page is long, and when you skim it, all you see are the symbols $ and ! as well as pictures.

<div>
(RUSS @ Oct. 22 2007,11:34)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I say we wait till he starts a forum and sic Simon on his @$$...
biggrin.gif
(j/k)</div>
Ouch! That's not funny...! hehe
biggrin.gif

<div>
(colby2152 @ Oct. 22 2007,13:16)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I don't know Morgoth, a potential side effect of this program is losing your skin!
ghostface.gif
</div>
A small price to pay -- Man up!

<div>
(adb1x1 @ Oct. 22 2007,17:26)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">website bovine feces</div>
I gotta remember that one
wink.gif

<div>
(Totentanz @ Oct. 22 2007,11:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"></div>
Ok now I'm confused.

I thought I could add 60lbs to my DL in a half hour

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">all the promises of adding 60 lbs to your deadlift in a half hour, </div>

After focusing the program on deadlifts, using one of the training techniques, I gained 7 lbs of bodyweight in one week and added 60 lbs to my deadlifting capacity in just FOUR DAYS (from 365 lbs x 6 reps to 425 lbs x 6 reps) - CRAZY results!
</div>

So can I add 60 lbs in a 1/2 hour or is it gonna take 4 days?

I mean come on I dont want to have to wait around 4 whole days to see results.
tounge.gif

If he had a superior product he wouldn't need to use sales
tactics like the take-away (ala &quot;price goes up tommorrow!&quot;
or &quot;limited time only!&quot;) nor would he need to make seemingly
outrageous claims. Superior products sell themselves. Don't
let him hook you.

Why am I wasting my time with this guy's crap?

On to the next thread.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I thought I could add 60lbs to my DL in a half hour</div>That's pretty slow. I find that I can add 2 x 45lb plates to the bar every 40 seconds or so. It gets a bit more tricky once there are 4 plates a side but it certainly doesn't take much more than a minute to add 90lbs to the bar, even at that point. Perhaps he was using lots of tiny weights?
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I say we wait till he starts a forum and sic Simon on his @$$...
biggrin.gif
(j/k) </div>

HAHAHAHA WOOF!!! WOOF!!! yeah true actually not denying it LOL

but yeah, giving no information on how to restructure the body the way they say or 'build foundations' or so on, but yeah, still, the guy at the top IS pretty well built so i'm gonna buy it. LOL jk

these are interesting around the bottom of the page:
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Here's a quick list of a few of the things you're going to do &quot;wrong&quot; in this program that go DIRECTLY against conventional muscle-building wisdom...</div>

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> * you're going to REDUCE your caloric intake to well below maintenance levels</div> urmmm, i guess so cos that's the best way to build muscle. OKAY!
rock.gif
? lol
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> * you'll eliminate protein from your diet completely (but in a very specific way)</div> I've actually heard about this, Jeff Anderson spoke of the process of starvation and how the body stores fat MORE once you start eating all of a sudden and relating this to protein deprivation (although i have NO IDEA whether it's true or not)
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> * you're going to do VERY high rep sets (30 to 50+ reps per set)</div> cool! sounds painful!
biggrin.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> * you'll also be doing very LOW rep sets (3 reps per set)</div> BOOYAAA! that's what i like to hear!
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> * you're going to get VERY little rest in between those low rep sets</div> that's what i don't like to hear.....
sad.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> * you're going to train the same bodypart 5 days in a row</div> 5 days in a row... u mean training that bodypart non-stop for 5 days straight? that actually DOES work for hypertrophy! i guess i'll have to cancel everything in my life however...
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> * you're going to train the same EXERCISE 5 days in a row</div> ditto
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> * you'll going to learn how to train with heavy weight AND for high reps</div> ok how is this against 'conventional' bodybuilding wisdom?
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> * you're going to stretch your muscles without doing any normal stretching at all</div> yep i've done this actually
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> * you're going to do a LOT of cardio then you're going to do NONE</div> RIGHT ON!!! intervals!!! lots, none, repeat
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> * you're NOT going to stuff yourself full of food constantly...just strategically</div> more frequent meals? 10? 17?
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> * you're going to stay away from muscular failure then go FAR beyond it</div> umm, max-stim? if u know what i mean

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Simple. Your training should work to expand those walls by stretching out the fascia, giving your muscles that room to grow.</div>
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Where does the furniture/muscle go when the walls don't get any bigger? Nowhere. Muscle growth stops because the muscle has nowhere to expand TO.</div>
OH i guess constantly stretching my skin to give my muscles room is the key! i'm pulling my cheeks atm, i feel i need to build some bigger jaw muscles...

muscle-man.jpg
muscle-man2.jpg

I love his muscleman pics. If I do his program I'll have fists a lot bigger than my head!
OTOH, there IS a science out there that pertains to starving the body in certain ways to make it pick up after you pull the plug, but I'm not so sure that some gym rat has magically come across all these formulas and instilled them in a perfectly functional program. If he had, he wouldn't need all those apostrophies!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<div>
(quadancer @ Oct. 23 2007,17:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I love his muscleman pics. If I do his program I'll have fists a lot bigger than my head!
OTOH, there IS a science out there that pertains to starving the body in certain ways to make it pick up after you pull the plug, but I'm not so sure that some gym rat has magically come across all these formulas and instilled them in a perfectly functional program. If he had, he wouldn't need all those apostrophies!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</div>
What exactly are you referring to here?

Actually I can't quote this. I've just run across it here and there in diet programs, and maybe lifting programs where they'd have you do some crazy sounding stuff like in the TKD diets. I'm not saying I believe it works or not.
I wish I had some links to share; never really thought it would come up again.

Back