New To Hst

Jak1537

Hi everyone,

I’ve recently come across HST and have set up my first cycle ready to dive in as of next week! I’ve been training now since 2014 pretty consistently. Through that time I’ve done good and “bad” routines and have switched things up pretty frequently.
HST appeals to me as it’s more of a training methodology rather than a set in stone program which I like.
Also what drew me to HST was the fact that it would allow me to progress session to session without feeling depleted or overly sore (hopefully!).
I love lifting and want to lift for as long as I possibly can and I feel that by applying the HST principles it will help me achieve that!
Attached are my current front, side and back pics. Will aim to update as often as possible with my results! I have made two routines - an A/B split that I’ll rotate through each week.
Routine A:
Squat
Standing Press
Bis
Tris
Incline Bench
Chin ups
Calves

Routine B:
Deadlift
Bench
Leg Press
Dips
DB Rows
Bis
Tris
Pendlay Row
Calves

Cheers!

8B82D4DB-2055-4B0E-8FAD-6B26B860C8D1.jpeg 89CF1E68-0628-45EF-A3DC-2C63807D741C.jpeg 027E214C-2776-4B9E-B499-A7A07C0A54FA.jpeg

Cheers Brian, I’m really looking forward to progressing with my training and trying out a more long term approach

D229585D-93AD-41AA-86D5-6BEC77F3A413.jpeg Workout log cycle 1 B.
15 reps of deadlifts now that’s a new found hell even not at my max
Had to adjust some weights today but hey ho that’s all part of the process!
Naturally got some pretty good pumps today and the higher reps are feeing great on all my joints
Remembering to use full range of motion and make the most of this rep range.

Oh yeah the squats and leg presses, woah! But good opportunity to really focus on the muscle being worked. Hopefully the high workload will increase my capacity for later on. I suppose it’s good for someone who doesn’t do any cardio aside from walking my dog each day haha

View attachment 2758 Cycle 1A again today. Increased weights across all sets. Lost a rep or two here and there as the burn was real!
Nice :)

And wow that burst of superhuman strength for the second set of Flat BB Bench is unreal! Although may be attributed to the drop in load [emoji14]

(just bein cheeky, all looks great! Welcome to HST and the forum, I'm thinking of starting up another straight forward cycle, has been a little while. Enjoy)

OH I see that too, the load and reps are backwards in the columns lol.
Great workout, 3x15 is killer, I guess a person might have to start even lighter to get all 3x15 for 2 weeks with load increases.

Hahaha it’s all good! I wish I had superhuman strength sometimes! Hopefully with HST I can increase my work capacity a little more and increase my lift numbers!
Really loving it so far. It’s nice to be following a set of principles rather than a program knowing in the future I can make changes and tweak it to how I see fit!

OH I see that too, the load and reps are backwards in the columns lol.
Great workout, 3x15 is killer, I guess a person might have to start even lighter to get all 3x15 for 2 weeks with load increases.

Absolutely got to make sure you start light enough! I’ve always been slightly weaker on pushing movements so I’m not surprised I fatigued. That or maybe I tested my 15RM on a good day haha

Absolutely got to make sure you start light enough! I’ve always been slightly weaker on pushing movements so I’m not surprised I fatigued. That or maybe I tested my 15RM on a good day haha
And when doing 3 sets, you have to back off more...
15RM is for one set, can't do 3x15 with 15RM unless you take REALLY long rests between sets.

And when doing 3 sets, you have to back off more...
15RM is for one set, can't do 3x15 with 15RM unless you take REALLY long rests between sets.

Yeah that would be a killer. You’d have to come back again later in the day to do more sets or take a longer rest period. Might be worth trying down the track to increase the sets and rest a bit longer. Regardless just need to stick to the fundamentals! Keep it simple!

Yeah that would be a killer. You’d have to come back again later in the day to do more sets or take a longer rest period. Might be worth trying down the track to increase the sets and rest a bit longer. Regardless just need to stick to the fundamentals! Keep it simple!

You doing 3x15 right now though? How long between sets?

Back