The Road to 10%

what are your goals in between then and now?
at this point with what you currently know about training/diet going from 12.1% to 10% could be a goal for october 31.

either way, good luck

<div>
(_tim @ Sep. 14 2007,15:39)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Good luck, colby. What are you thinking your approach will be?</div>
I'm ignoring how much protein I consume. You read that one right. I have found that in the past I was too focused on protein intake, and I couldn't cut out enough calories.

Of course my diet will be as much protein as I can get, but I won't be worried if I get 1g/1lb or 1g/kg or any of those recommended ratios. If I lose some muscle, so be it, I will gain it back!*

*My cut won't be a fast one, so loss of muscle won't be significant.

<div>
(bluejacket @ Sep. 14 2007,15:40)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">what are your goals in between then and now?
at this point with what you currently know about training/diet going from 12.1% to 10% could be a goal for october 31.

either way, good luck</div>
My last cycle has been disrupted, so I never attained the 12.1% goal. I am in the low 13's though. I could be even higher, but I will know when I hit 12% since my handles will be gone.

My goal is to be at least 10% by next June, but getting to 8% would be even better. If I hit the goal earlier, I'll start my slow bulk, and I should stay at the same bf% as I put on muscle.

For now, my weight training is at a halt until I get some DB's - see my home gym log.

<div>
(colby2152 @ Sep. 14 2007,15:48)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'm ignoring how much protein I consume.</div>
Interesting -- I'm doing just the opposite. I've been making sure I get 1g/lb of protein and ignoring carbs and fats (to be fair, I've also been watching my total calories).

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Interesting -- I'm doing just the opposite. I've been making sure I get 1g/lb of protein and ignoring carbs and fats (to be fair, I've also been watching my total calories). </div>

It was getting tough to cut when I was consuming 250-300 grams of protein/day. That alone gives me a 1000-1200 calorie base, and when I want to eat about 1800-2300 on any given day, that makes it pretty tough.

I want to build up strength, but I will using DB's starting in October, so the loads won't be able to be too high. Should I lift the lighter loads with higher frequency or max out once/week? I am going with a similar theme to my last cycle that got cut off - strength, but not size for the legs.

PICTURE TIME...

This is from LAST YEAR ~ June 2006

06-05-06.gif

GAFF... and the picture that shows my love handles -- I hate it the most, but it will be the best for comparison when I do hit my goal...

09-17-07-Regular.gif

<div>
(colby2152 @ Sep. 18 2007,13:44)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
09-17-07-Chest.gif
</div>
No fair holding your breath...!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">No fair holding your breath...! </div>

Wasn't - just looking down

I finally got to a workout today using a pair of 25 lb DB's. With them, I did lunges, push press, curls, bent over rows, and some push ups.

I'll be ordering the Olympic DB handles next week, so at that point I will be able to go on a routine.

The 1st of several routines on my way to 10%
This is based around dumbbells only. I may get a barbell sometime soon which would replace deads, overhead squats, and push press. It is split for strength and hypertrophy. My strength routine is very simple. I do it twice/week with squats and deads being alternated, so they are only once/week. My 5th strength WO is the desired RM. From there I will push for PR's.

HST - 3x/week
One-Arm Bent-Over Rows
Bench Press
Push Press
Reverse-Curl Cuban Press
Standing Calf Raise

SST - 2x/week
DB Clean Jumps
Dips (reps)
Farmer's Walk (100 steps)
OH Squats / Deadlift

I am aiming for max amount of reps for dips using two chairs. I plan on doing some very light workouts (20-30 reps) in the next two weeks. I'll do 2 weeks of 15's, 2 weeks of 10's, 2 week's of 5's, and then 2 week's of post-5's. I should be done with this cycle by December.

<div>
(colby2152 @ Sep. 21 2007,16:01)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Farmer's Walk (100 steps)</div>
You must have a big garage...!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(TunnelRat @ Sep. 21 2007,18:00)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">You must have a big garage...!
biggrin.gif
</div>
I plan on walking around my pool table. Straight walks are much easier than any curved path, so it is to my advantage to do so.

Only one to reply was TunnelRat? C'mon guys, where are you at?

DRUM ROLL please... Incredibly light but efficient WO w/DB's

HST WO
One Armed Rows: 20 lbs - 20 reps (2 sets)
Bench Press: 50 - 20 (2 sets)
Push Press: 30 (2 sets)
Standing Calf Raise: 30 (2 sets)

I moved RCCP's to tomorrow's SST WO since I have Push Press and Bench Press here.

Question: Exercises using DB's instead of a barbell have to be a lighter load given all other conditions are the same. Is this due to the activation of stabilizer muscles?

Back