The Vegetarian Poll

I can see why veggie sausages, but FFS vegetarian Haggis
rock.gif

As to creation; I subscribe to the Big-Bung theory... man, WTF was he thinkin'?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It's not &quot;we came from a BANG&quot; or anything dumb like that.  The Big Bang has nothing to do with the theory of evolution anyway.</div>

Yes, of course evolutionary theory and the Big Bang are not directly related concepts -- evolution is not really a theory of ultimate origins. In defense of Fausto, however, there are a few well-known evolutionists who have taken it upon themselves to argue against religion and a creator, thereby confusing the concepts of evolution and ultimate origins in the public mind.  I think that Fausto was responding to this public face of some advocates.

Now Sci, I promised not to argue over vegetarianism any more .........must.........restrain.........fingers.........
mad.gif

not arguing, just pointing out that I don't agree with extremist sides which say &quot;You should eat meat!&quot; or &quot;You should not eat meat!&quot;

My last sentence said it well:
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I have no problem with vegetarians...people can live healthy on this type of diet. But I strongly disagree with people who think it is unhealthy or unnatural for us to eat meat. It is a choice.....because we ARE omnivores.
</div>

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I can see why veggie sausages, but FFS vegetarian Haggis
rock.gif
</div>

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I heard about those... I can't for the life of me imagine why anyone would want to &quot;veggie-ize&quot; haggis. What will they think of next? Vegetarian scrapple? (For you non-Pennsylvanians, that's pretty much our equivalent of haggis, although not stuffed in a whatever- just lots of good offal mixed with fat and cornmeal. A real cardiologist's delight...)

<div>
(Ruthenian @ Feb. 05 2007,18:31)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">there are a few well-known evolutionists who have taken it upon themselves to argue against religion and a creator, thereby confusing the concepts of evolution and ultimate origins in the public mind.</div>
And those guys are idiots. I mean seriously... when there is a debate or argument about evolution verus creationism, it always gets ugly and it doesn't serve any point. If you were to talk about one of these issues, one that you believe in, the whole point is to show other people your viewpoint and hopefully get some of them to your side, right? But with evolution vs creationism, people have already made up their minds. You aren't going to convert someone who believes in evolution over to creationism or vice versa. So... no point in discussing it. All it is going to do is create animosity.
Really, I've seen friendships ended over these kinds of discussions. They are not good.

I respect Fausto a lot and I hope he didn't see my post as an attack. It was simply a request - not to bring evolution verus creationism into this. I don't think anyone should discuss issues that have to do with religion here... I also don't think anyone should mock or discount the theory of evolution here either, since you don't see me posting about how the idea of god or a prime mover is a load of crap. Or at least I hope I haven't posted that, because I'd like to think I would respect people's religious beliefs even if I don't agree with them.

Veggie haggis is quite tasty (I've never had real haggis though, which could be like a party in your mouth) - until you realise that the average small veggie haggis sold in the UK is over 900 Kcals !! It's more fat than oatmeal!

I suppose I could get paranoid and wonder if meat eaters are trying to kill me using this new 'weaponized haggis', because they hate me so much for daring to not eat meat!
smile.gif

The truth is that most people made up their minds about eating meat at an early age and it's quite rare that arguing about the rights or wrongs of it will convert them either way, be that anthropological, nutritional, religious or moral reasons. Luckily, as many other forum members have noted, it doesn't really make any difference.

(ps - Cheers Fausto!, but I really am)

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I suppose I could get paranoid and wonder if meat eaters are trying to kill me using this new 'weaponized haggis'</div>

LOL!  
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I respect Fausto a lot and I hope he didn't see my post as an attack.</div>

Thanks Tot, and really I never thought of it that way at all, but I guess I should not have thrown in the spoke in the wheel in the first place.

It is my phylosophy that all should leave and let leave, after all I am not yet vegetarian but would like to become sometime. It is difficult with a family, specially when we all quite &quot;nuts&quot; about beef jerky for instance.
laugh.gif

Clueless - I beg to differ.

Ruthenian and Jake - you uys have the right attitude, keep it up!

I on the other hand stand by my post signature always. (read below)
cool.gif

<div>
(Totentanz @ Feb. 05 2007,20:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Ruthenian @ Feb. 05 2007,18:31)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">there are a few well-known evolutionists who have taken it upon themselves to argue against religion and a creator, thereby confusing the concepts of evolution and ultimate origins in the public mind.</div>

I don't think anyone should discuss issues that have to do with religion here... I also don't think anyone should mock or discount the theory of evolution here either, since you don't see me posting about how the idea of god or a prime mover is a load of crap. Or at least I hope I haven't posted that, because I'd like to think I would respect people's religious beliefs even if I don't agree with them.</div>
I retract my original opinion about having OFF-TOPIC forums in here for those reasons. Keep it health &amp; fitness, lifting, and HST related.

I'd think that's a good idea for one reason. When we're talking BB'ing, health, or even physics and other provable material, we can agree easily and respect each other best. But when we have polar differences in politics, religion, ect. it's sort of like philosophy: both sides of a discussion have merit but cannot be proven, and the proponents tend to be unbending, depending upon maturity and background knowledge.
On the other hand, I am somewhat an opposite on religion with Steve, perhaps morality with Morgoth, and politics with others. But since MOST ALL of our time is spent on BB'ing related subjects where we agree for the most part; we consider ourselves friends, or at least I do. Keeps the board clean if you ask me.
When all else fails, agree to disagree.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">When all else fails, agree to disagree.
</div>

quad, I couldn't disagree more ... agreed?!?!?
rock.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It is difficult with a family, specially when we all quite &quot;nuts&quot; about beef jerky for instance.</div>

Fausto, you're not going to believe this, but there are really sensational-tasting veggie jerky products out there. Check out http://www.healthy-eating.com/jurky.html Primal Strips is my favorite brand, especially the Thai Peanut and the Mesquite Lime. I promise you, if you try these, you'll really be quite impressed. They're perfect for packing for hikes and long-distance cycling. And a good protein source too. OK, enough of the shameless promotion- I don't work for these guys, just offering my experience with their produc t!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Fausto, you're not going to believe this, but there are really sensational-tasting veggie jerky products out there.</div>

And where might I find these in good old South Africa?

Also it is rather expensive to eat vegetarian here, seems like a conspiracy if you ask me
laugh.gif
Everythin vegetarian is at least 10% if not more expensive, darn it! @$#*

<div>
(Ruthenian @ Feb. 05 2007,22:47)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">This is a case of an ad hominem attack and does not get to the question of the facts.</div>
Ad hom maybe, but its the facts.

PCRM is not physician based, it is not responsible and its medicine is pathetic at best.

Its a front for pro-vegan based group, forcing a nanny state onto the world under the guise of 'health'.

THey are also the group responsible for the trans fat uptake by the food industry.

<div>
(Totentanz @ Feb. 05 2007,20:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
And those guys are idiots.  I mean seriously...  when there is a debate or argument about evolution verus creationism, it always gets ugly and it doesn't serve any point.  If you were to talk about one of these issues, one that you believe in, the whole point is to show other people your viewpoint and hopefully get some of them to your side, right?  But with evolution vs creationism, people have already made up their minds.  You aren't going to convert someone who believes in evolution over to creationism or vice versa.  So...  no point in discussing it.  All it is going to do is create animosity.
Really, I've seen friendships ended over these kinds of discussions.  They are not good.

I respect Fausto a lot and I hope he didn't see my post as an attack.  It was simply a request - not to bring evolution verus creationism into this.  I don't think anyone should discuss issues that have to do with religion here...   I also don't think anyone should mock or discount the theory of evolution here either, since you don't see me posting about how the idea of god or a prime mover is a load of crap.  Or at least I hope I haven't posted that, because I'd like to think I would respect people's religious beliefs even if I don't agree with them.</div>
Hey Tot,

This post of yours really impressed me.

Honestly.

Cheers,

Pierre

Both live, neither has a soul, both are delicious! If you can tell the difference, then I can't help you!!

Some people cringe in disgust watching footage of lions killing and dismembering a buffalo. I find it as normal and natural as watching that same buffalo graze on grass.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">And where might I find these in good old South Africa?</div>
I'm not sure, unless you go mail order to the site I gave you. Do you have a ny natural foods stores there? They might carry veggie jerky.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Everythin vegetarian is at least 10% if not more expensive, darn it! @$#* </div>
Yeah, we have the same problem in the states. Natural foods stores are typically at least 10-15% higher for similar organic prduce, for example. I think it has to do with volume more than nything else- the little guys don't sell as much as the big ones.

If I were a veggie I would consume alot of dairy (actually I still do, dairy is one of my favorite protein sources).  Whey protein is one of the most well-rounded proteins available.  Very easy to get all of your protein without meat.  Not so easy if you are a vegan...
sad.gif
 but I guess it can be done.

Back