Weights, cardio and stuff log

18 clustered chins, 5,4,3,3,3, 15-second loaded stretch, BW + 31.5kgs, CG palms facing.

5x5 max width push ups w/handles.

2x5 CG push ups, slow eccentric, same as max width timing

DB Shoulder Press, 3x5 - 32k5kgs

Last edited by a moderator:
21 clustered chins, 5,5,4,4,3, 15-second loaded stretch, CG palms facing, BW + 31.5kgs. Lots of mental concentration required with the load-bump, 'ok, lats, go, traps, go, arms, go' ... or something like that. Am thinking about picking up a D-bar for a wider grip, and for whatever reason the standard issue D-bar just seems to work really well for my frame and structure.

5x5 max width push ups w/handles

CG push ups, 2x5

DB Shoulder Press, 3x5 - 32.5kgs - I think I'll have to up the weight, just feeling far too easy

23 clustered chins, 5,5,4,3,3,3, 10-second loaded stretch (gave out), CG palms facing, BW + 31.5kgs. Probably didn't have enough food in the system when I did this, the last reps were really hard for all but cluster #2.

5x5 max width push ups w/handles

24 clustered chins, 5,5,4,4,3,3, 15-second loaded stretch, CG palms facing, BW + 31.5kgs. The 24th and 21st reps were a quite weak but still actual reps. The first two clusters were quite 'easy', relatively speaking.

5x5 max width push ups - think I should be back on dips in a few days

CG push ups, 2x5

DB Shoulder Press, 3x5 - 32.5kgs

DB Curls, 1x15 -20kgs

25 clustered chins, 6,5,4,4,3,3, 15-second loaded stretch (hang), CG palms facing, BW + 31.5kgs. Feeling pretty drained in a good way, will continue at +31.5kgs for another couple of workouts then bump to 33.

DB curls, 2x15 - 20kgs

5x5 max width push ups

DB Shoulder Press, 3x5 - 35kgs - finally raised it, think I may start clustering them in the 15-20rep range

Think I overdid it for the biceps last workout day. Definitely didn't need the curls after 25 really heavy chins.

20 clustered chins, 5,5,3,3,4, 15-second loaded stretch (hang) - tore a lil palm skin, infi calluses on the horizon, CG palms facing, BW + 31.5kgs. Took me a while to get proper position for lats activation. Will definitely need to correct that come Monday.

16 clustered DB Shoulder Press, 6,6,4, 35kgs - felt pretty light weight, will bump it on Monday

1x15, DB Row, explosive w/bounce, 35kgs

DB Lateral Raise, 2x5 - 20kg

17 clustered chins, 5,4,4,4, 15-second loaded stretch (hang), CG palms facing, BW + 31.5kgs. Better lats activation today, still some lingering elbow soreness from overworking it last week.

15 clustered DB Shoulder Press, 4,4,4,3, 37.5kgs.

Lat raises, 2x5 - 20kg

15 clustered chins, 4,4,4,3, 15-second loaded stretch (hang), CG palms facing, BW + 33kgs. Bumped it up today, felt really good on the lats and the elbow soreness has nearly evaporated. Lesson learned is don't overdo the volume. I think I'll be sticking in the 15-20 range, 22 if I'm feeling like Superman.

15 clustered DB Shoulder Press, 4,4,4,3, 37.5kgs

1,000m freestyle, pull buoy + hand paddles

Lat raises, 2x5 - 20kg

15 clustered chins, 4,4,4,3, 15-second loaded stretch (hang), CG palms facing, BW + 33kgs. Going to increase it next workout. Big holiday coming up which will probably involve access to only 8-10RM weights, and likely machines at that. Will probably do myo-reps if possible. But aiming for a strong finish before then.

12 clustered DB Shoulder Press, 3,3,3,3, 40kgs.

15 clustered chins, 4,4,4,3, 15-second loaded stretch (hang), CG palms facing, BW + 33kgs. Didn't increase, still some lingering elbow soreness on the right side from badminton.

12 clustered DB Shoulder Press, 40kg - 3 reps, 37.5kg, 4,5 reps.

Last workout of this kind for a few weeks, going on vacation til ~ 15th of January. Will be aiming to get myo-reps work done whilst away. If all else fails, will just be a lot of BW work for chins and push ups, swimming etc.

14 clustered chins, 3,4,4,3, 15-second loaded stretch (hang), CG palms facing, BW +35.5kgs. Did 5 quick BW only reps afterwards and damn near knocked my head on the frame. This is by far the most powerful that the upper half of my posterior pulling chain has ever been.

13 clustered DB Shoulder Press, 5,4,3 - 37.5kgs

2x15 Push ups w/handles, nothing special just a nice way to get some metabolic work in

Back in the country, back to chins.

15 clustered chins, 4,4,4,3, CG palms facing, BW + 30kgs. Felt really good to have not lost my strength working in the 8-rep range on standard 5-in-1 machine equipment for the last 3 weeks. Managed to get some BW chins in which maybe helped (CNS wise at least). Will start cranking back up to 35.5 and past it right away. Am going to be cutting though, so will keep volume in mind.

DB Upright Rows - best exercise for a tiny bit of cheat (though I think it has to have a mild angle at the back-meets-butt and support yourself with non-working arm as well). 4x5 - 37.5kgs.

DB Rows - really awkward DB today. The big 20kg plates make it feel much harder than if I use the same weight w/smaller plates. Will probably stick to chins and back-end a couple of reps because my arms were definitely doing more than their fair share. 75kgs, 3,3,3,2,2. Won't be doing this again if I can help it.

8 clustered chins - 4,4, CG palms facing, BW + 30kg - feeling easy, bumping it next time.

DB Upright Rows, 35kgs - dropped it down marginally to make sure my form is consistent and controlled. 4x5

Forearms are going to be sore tomorrow ...

... yup.

15 clustered chins, 4,4,3,4, 10-second loaded stretch-hang, CG palms facing, BW + 31.5kgs. Forearm soreness made the 2nd half of the concentric really tough today. Will do this weight for the next workout and see how long it takes to get back to +35.5kgs.

DB Upright Rows, 4x5, 35kgs - going to bump it now I have the groove all worked out.

Push-ups w/handles, explosive concentric, angled narrow grip, 3x10, BW.

15 clustered chins, 4,4,3,4, 20-second loaded stretch hang, CG palms facing, BW + 31.5kgs. Still have a small lingering forearm soreness from Friday. Should be evaporated by Thursday. Also making sure I get proper lats activation now that I'm back on real weights and not 8RM nonsense.

5x5 DB Upright Rows, 37.5kgs - likely bump this to 40kg's next week. For anyone who ever does DB Upright Rows, make sure you have a plate w/a handhold in it to use as a grip, much preferred to using the DB handle itself (just the angle etc, not bumping the plates into you if you're doing it in front of your chest. For underarm it's prob. irrelevant).

8 clustered DB Shoulder Press, 2,2,2,2 - 37.5kgs

Push-ups w/handles, explosive concentric, angled narrow grip, 2x15, BW.

15 clustered chins, 5,4,3,3, 15-second loaded stretch, CG palms facing, BW + 31.5kgs. Still getting into the swing of it. 2nd set was pretty poor. Going to switch it up to D-bar soon I think. Might have jumped to 31.5kgs a bit too soon, but 30kgs felt quite easy. It's probably from decreasing my cals to increase the cut rate.

5x5 DB Upright Rows, 37.5kgs. 40kgs next time I think.

9 clustered DB Shoulder Press, 3,2,2,2, 37.5kgs.

5 chins, CG palms facing, BW - just wanted to make those lats work. Maybe shouldn't have pushed the inner elbows and bi's like this, but f**k it, they can deal.

Back