Where'd you get your username?

<div>
(Dvst8or @ Jun. 26 2007,21:14)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Dvst8or = Devastator

I have always been a big fan of Transformers and my favorite was the Constructicons forming Devastator.</div>
At long last your movie is coming...!

I know, I can't wait.

Why do I feel like I am being picked on like in Clerks II.
biggrin.gif

My name is Mark...

years back when we were young my brother would call me Sparky which derived from Marky...

Now my girlfriend calls me Sparky...

Perhaps my username lacks creativity. But I chose it because I started with a body fat percentage close to 50% in June 2006, and now I'm getting close to 20% just by lifting weights. My next goal is to get close to 15% by the end of 2007, so I just added some moderate cardio work.

N.K.L. = my initials. I usually write them out in lowercase, because I think it looks more stylish. I used to have other usernames in my youth, but I came to care more for this one over time. I like it.  
smile.gif

nkl

&quot;Think about the animals used in product testing. Think about monkeys shot into space. Without their sacrifice, we would have nothing.&quot; - Tyler Durden. 'Fight Club'

<div>
(wannagrow @ Apr. 24 2008,6:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">My first name is Wan and my surname is Nagrow</div>
You're a comedian, aren't you?

<div>
(wannagrow @ Apr. 24 2008,6:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">My first name is Wan and my surname is Nagrow</div>
Is that the English spelling for &quot;Juan&quot;...?

Although I thought it was cool when I first came to Japan (partially because I was so excited about studying the language), I would really like to change my username.

My best friend used to make fun of me for wanting to go to Japan, and at the same time, he also used to make fun of me for dating multiple girls at once. So, he used to call me a 'pimp'. And it just naturally progressed to Japanese pimp after I decided to go to Japan way back at the end of 2001.

The word for Japan in Japanese can be pronounced either nihon or nippon. The word for pimp in Japanese is pronounced ponbiki. 'Japanese pimp' in Japanese would actually be 'nippon no ponbiki', but as a play on words and so no Japanese person would likely figure it out, I shortened it to 'nipponbiki'.

<div>
(TunnelRat @ Apr. 26 2008,12:18)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
Is that the English spelling for &quot;Juan&quot;...?</div>
Isn't the English version of Juan simply John?

I pent the vast majority of my time as a kid hunting, fishing and trapping. When I was part of a biker gang the guys used to listen to my stories about those days in the wild and gave me that nickname. I suppose my grungy looks and big frame helped a bit too.

I'm an Air Force pilot and I've flown six different USAF aircraft. But my favorite to fly was the C-5 Galaxy. "Twin Delta Tandem" is the main landing gear configuratin of a C-5: 4 sets of 6 wheels, each set is in the shape of a triangle (delta) with twin deltas in behind the other (tandem).

Kaitiaki is a maori word for carer, guardian, protector and conserver of the world. I see that there are other kaitiake here.

Back