your results with HST...

done 2 cycles, and almost done with the 15`s on the third one.
Had some problem with minor colds etc during the first. Ate too little during the second, and currently on my third.
I gained some new strength without even trying , and coming from many years of HIT training, blasting past a previous record which I sweated blood to get, makes it kind of ironic I did not even have to force myself to break it this time.
I love the type of training, but have some problem recovering properly from time to time. I`ll see if eating a bit more will correct this, or I`ll adjust the sessions a bit more.

Conclusion, no great gains in size so far, but I have trained wisely, with training logs, progression and SD like breaks regulary before. So this is not entirely new ground for me. Just the higher frequency and not goining to failure

But some of the gains I see people show here, I guess a good deal must be because they started using a training log, and actually progressing.
I`ve gained around 35 pounds using weider mag split routines and HIT on a 5`4" with small bone structure. My goal is to get 16 inch arms only. Which will look more than big enough on me. No Lee Priest ambitions here;-) Currently stuck on 14,5 cold and pumped slightly over 15
I guess I have to get my weight from 145 to 155 or something to get there. I`

Eating more now, lets see if the third cycle brings on some muscle;-)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Zack @ Aug. 31 2003,1:30)]I am currently in the last stages of my diet, only 54 days to the photo shoot.
I started as you know at 104.5 i February.
Currently I weigh 89.5 kgs, got 5 kg's left. IMO, I would make a great poster boy for HST. You will get plenty of pictures, made by a pro photographer.
Granted, being 182 cm, it means I won't have the mass of a drug user, but it will probably look freaky enough for the general public.
Send any pics you would like me to consider (or share) to:

[email protected]

Here's Backlash's results from elitefitness.com, he gave me permission to post them here
------------------------------------------------------
Just finished my first round of HST and got new measurements today. I'm taking next week off, cause my body just feels beat up. Not sure what I'm doing next, I'll figure it out this week while I'm resting.

Anyway, the results were good! From beginning of july to now (slightly over 2 monhts):

neck: up .7 "(didn't train it or anything tho)
chest: up 2 "!
arms: up .5 "
waist: up 3 "
hips: up 2.5 "
thighs: up .5 "
calves: up .3 "

Major difference in my chest/lats and butt. I'm finally starting to feel more solid overall (no longer that skinny guy - more like normal size).

Overall, I'm up about 20 pounds since May 18. Also, it looks like my LBM to Fat gain ratio is about 2 to 1. So maybe I'm not eating enough to really bulk as well as I could. Body fat went from about 12.9% to about 14.7%, but it's ALL in the love handles. The caliper measurements for my arms and back didn't change at all. I'm going to start sprinting soon, and continue to try to eat like crazy.
---------------------------------------------

7th Cycle Results

Used the exact same routine as last cycle (see page 10), but added creatine to my supplement regimen, stopped cutting and increased the calories to slightly above maintenance. Was able to increase most of my RMs by 5 lbs, with the exception of incline bench press. At least I managed to dip BW+70 lbs 5 times, and I feel there's still potential left. My body structure is just more suited to dips than bench press, and watching a heavy barbell come down on my chest gives me the creeps.
crazy.gif
I gained ca. 3 pounds BW. With such a small difference, it's hard to say whether I gained LBM. Due to professional demands, I had to stop the cycle after just 6 weeks (2 weeks of 15s, 10s, 5s respectively).

Resolutions for next cycle:

1) More workouts and slower progression during end of 10s and 5s (I feel that I didn't have enough time to get in the groove for really heavy lifting)

2) Do more compounds and cut some volume on isolation and assistance lifts (probably I'll train calves, abs and lower back only every second workout)

3) Eat more cals, improve post-WO nutrition (instead of having a protein shake, I usually gulp down a liter of skim milk and add some spoonfuls of honey)

when do i get ot check my gains? I mean cause if ure weight is pre determined for 2 weeks (unless u want more weeks ofcourse). But when in this time do i get to check my gains/add more weight to all of my rep maxes???

Finished my 8 week first cycle a few weeks ago and am just getting around to posting the results.
Measurements are in inches:
Before/After
Chest 41.5"/43"
Waist 32"/32.5"
Bicep 14.5"/14/75"
Thigh 23"/23.5"
Calf 14.25"/14.75"
These gains are conservative because I took the before measurements a few hours after a workout and I took the after measurements after about a week of not working out. I gained about 8 pounds some of it fat as the waist gain shows.
I am very impressed with the results. I have been working out on and off (mostly off) for 20 years and have never made significant gains since the first few years. I am also spending less time in the gym than I was before the HST routine.

I've just finished the 2 weeks of 10s (So that makes 1 month of training).
For now my results are (in cm, here we don't really use inches):
Arms: 36 (+1)
Forearms: 32.5 (+1)
Chest: 114.5 (+1.5)
Waist: 91.5 (+0.5)
Thighs: 64.5 (+1.5)
Calves: 43 (+0.5) Without training them :)

This is my first cycle.
The strange thing is that most gains were made through the 15s, during the 10s only a 0.5cm in chest and 0.25cm increase in arms was reported. I'm about 212 pounds now (1.93m tall) - I think I've gained something like 4-5 pounds.
I haven't recorded my strenght gains but they're quite notable :)
I hope to gain some more during the 5s... I guess I'll stop training legs for now, because they're quite bigger than my upper body (Referring to body proportions). I was doing only one set of squats almost without increasing the weight, but seems like they grow pretty easy.

Thank you, Brian, for sharing with us the best training method for building muscle mass ever
worship.gif

I forgot to mention my nutrion.
It sucked :D
I guess I was not consuming enough protein (not more than 1.5-1.6g per kg of bodyweight). I was also taking creatine (5g every day before breakfast, no loading) and calcium.
I plan to increase the protein to 1.8-1.9g/kg for the next month and stop eating chocolate (My only drug, I guess it'll be quite hard
blush.gif
)

before stats:
height 175cm (5'9")
weight: 72Kg (160lbs)
chest: 100cm (39.27")
waist: 90cm (35.43")
hips: 80cm (31.5")
leg: 53cm (20.87")
calf: 37cm (14.96")
neck: 40cm (15.75")
arm: 32cm (12.59")

after 1st cycle - stopped 2 weeks before ending
All measurements take when cold and unflexed.
height: the same
weight: 75.5Kg (166,449lbs)
chest: 106cm (41,73")
waist: 92cm (36,22")
hips: 82cm (32,28")
leg: 56cm (22,05")
calf: just the same
neck: 42cm (16,54")
arm: 32cm (12,6") /36,5 flexed (14,37")
I've gained a little (0,5cm) when is flexed
Left arm and right arm are quite the same,
left leg is 0,5cm smaller than right leg.

Hello everybody,

here are before and after statistics of myself, having measured myself in April 2002, before starting HST, and again in August 2003, after 17 months ( 8 cycles) of HST.

Before:( pounds and inches)
height 5`11``,chest 49.0, waist 38.6, hips 40.6, arms 15.0, forearms 13.1, wrists 6.9, legs 24.2, calves 15.4, ankles 8.5, neck 16.3, bodyweight 207.9, fatmass 44.3, lean weight 163.6.

After: ( pounds and inches)
height 5`11``, chest 50.4, waist 34.8, hips 39.0, arms 16.3, forearms 13.8, wrists 6.9, legs 24.6, calves 15.7, ankles 8.5, neck 16.5, bodyweight 203.5, fatmass 29.1, lean weight 174.4.

I am 43 years old.

Greetings from Holland!

bye
andré

HST has given me my best results in an 8 week period over any other training style I've used (HIT, hardgainer). Results from first cycle are:

+5 lbs LBM
+0.25" calf
+0.25" bicep
+1" thigh
+1.25" chest
+0.25" forearm
no change waist
no change hips

16xBW cals
1xBW protein
30/30/40 food ratio
no supplements

I used my basic hardgainer workout routine:

step-ups with bells
partial deads from just below the knee
flat bench
dumbbell row
seated dumbbell press
one leg calf raise
shrug
dumbell curl
side bend
crunches

I think I'm going to try creatine on my next cycle to get a little more size. For me a few lbs of water retention will make a BIG difference with my ectomorphic body type.

newbie results from 1 June 2003 till 1 December 2003

LBM gain 2.5 Kg
Fat loss 4 Kg
Fat% went from 15+ to 12-

I first went bulking (total growth 6 Kg, but fat% went up to 17%), and the last 2 months cutting, all with HST. The cutting went far more serious than the bulking (just ate a lot). Just now started bulking again, a bit more calculated this time. Only bad news is none of the measurements went up (except shoulders).

One thing though, I do think the first week of the 10's (and 5's) is too light, especially after that hard 15's week (10's). It's probably an ego thing. I did try several things, like 1 week at a certain rep range (15-12-9-7-5) skipped the 15's one cycle, and did korte 3x3 for 8 weeks for legs (squat and SLDL did go up 10%)

W. (still changing)

Ok starting my cycle in 3 days
happy.gif
after 9 days of SD

Here are my stats as of today:

Weight: 130lbs
Height: 5'10"
bf: 8%
Arms: 11.75in
Chest: 33in
Quads: 20in
Waist: 27in
Calf: 13.5in

Each week ill post with an update

I don't understand how some of you are talking about your strength increases. How are you increasing strength within one cycle if you are only going up to a rep's maximum weight that you allready know?

Another question. Looking at the long run, maybe 5 years of HST or something, how can someone actually continuously increase the weight every cycle forever?

Lance

0.jpg

This is me
183 centimeter/ 5,93 feet
80 kilo / 176 lbs
I m in my 7th cycle.
I wanna be bigger :)
any commends are welcome

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lance @ Dec. 31 2003,6:51)]I don't understand how some of you are talking about your strength increases. How are you increasing strength within one cycle if you are only going up to a rep's maximum weight that you allready know?
Another question. Looking at the long run, maybe 5 years of HST or something, how can someone actually continuously increase the weight every cycle forever?
Well, for what it's worth, this is my experience.
On my first cycle I've determined my 5RM for deadlift at 85Kg, but when I've reached the last week of 5's, I've discovered that I can lift 95Kg (and I had to stop before the end of the cycle because of an incident).
On my 2nd cycle I've deadlifted 105Kg on my 5's, and I knew that I could have done more. For the end of this cycle I wanna try my 1RM before starting the SD.
I can't find my bench 1RM because I train alone, and my girlfriend can't spot me with heavy (for me) weights.

As for the second question, no one can increase the weights forever, sooner or later we reach our genetic limit.

So are you saying during your microcycles (i think that is what they're called) you will up the weight if you notice you can do more weight than you have planned?

Lance

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lance @ Jan. 01 2004,1:59)]So are you saying during your microcycles (i think that is what they're called) you will up the weight if you notice you can do more weight than you have planned?
No, you should not, if I have understood the HST principle.
I've done it in my first cycle, probably a mistake.
It's no good to increase weights during the cycle, because you can overstimate your gains in strenght and start using too much weight to do a certain exercise in the right way.
Maybe, if you feel that your 5RM are increased, you can do an additional 5's week, incrementing your weights and then start negatives.

I use my body composition to keep records of my measurements. They then provide you with your body fat percentage, resting metabolic rate, fat mass, lean body mass, etc. Using HST plus protein, creatine, and chromium picolinate, my body fat has gone down from 25% to 17%, while my muscle mass has increased. Anyway, I find the website to be a convenient way to record my progress and to compare results.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (carlos @ Jan. 07 2004,5:36)]I use my body composition to keep records of my measurements. They then provide you with your body fat percentage
I don't want to disappoint you, but it seems to me that this site isn't very accurate. I've create an account and it says to me that I'm at 7.62%BF. I'd like to :D , but I'm almost at 13%.

Back