will be training in the evening this week, so squats, bench and deads tonight as the gym isnt open early mornings this week.

Quads are still sore from High Bar squats on Friday, and running around after children at the weekend so hoping that doesn't lead t a bad workout. Plus its 1 million degrees in the UK at the moment.

will be training in the evening this week, so squats, bench and deads tonight as the gym isnt open early mornings this week.

Quads are still sore from High Bar squats on Friday, and running around after children at the weekend so hoping that doesn't lead t a bad workout. Plus its 1 million degrees in the UK at the moment.

Enjoy training in the heat, I must admit not looking forward to going in the garage tonight with the heat for the first session back after SD

Enjoy training in the heat, I must admit not looking forward to going in the garage tonight with the heat for the first session back after SD

I trained Friday night, and the heat was hiddeous... but.... had a decent session. Our gym has a tin roof and no A/C.... a right sweatbox!!

“Hideous” in the UK is what, 21, 22 degrees Celsius? ;)

@mickc1965

I remember seeing a clip on the news when I was younger about a British heatwave, pictures of everyone at the pebble beaches and the report saying it was three days in a row above 28...

Haha!! it's 30' and has been for about 5 days in a row, and they are saying it could last at least a month! ;) We Brits cant handle it!

after my comp in 3 weeks do I?

a) Continue with bulgarian/daily maxing
b) More traditional programming

a), obv.

There’s an old saying that doesn’t get followed often enough in lifting; if it isn’t broke, don’t tr to fix it.
That was my thinking. Squat and especially bench is progressing nicely. Still find it tricky to fit the dead lifts in but they also seem to have progressed quite nicely.

Deadlifts always get a bump, but as soon as you hit RPE 9.5-10 you’ll struggle to recover the hamstrings.

What’s the programming for them right now?

Deadlifts always get a bump, but as soon as you hit RPE 9.5-10 you’ll struggle to recover the hamstrings.

What’s the programming for them right now?

2 deadlift days
Day 1 - work up to heavy single @8-9 rpe (usually monday or tuesday)
Day 2 - Heavy single @7-8 then 2-4 back off sets of pause deadlifts. usually 3 reps in the 6-8rpe range.

My main issue is time to get the deads in after squatting and benching, so have a few times done cluster sets, to get the volume in a short space of time. ie 85% for 5 singles with about 15-30 sec rest in between

2 deadlift days
Day 1 - work up to heavy single @8-9 rpe (usually monday or tuesday)
Day 2 - Heavy single @7-8 then 2-4 back off sets of pause deadlifts. usually 3 reps in the 6-8rpe range.

My main issue is time to get the deads in after squatting and benching, so have a few times done cluster sets, to get the volume in a short space of time. ie 85% for 5 singles with about 15-30 sec rest in between

Sounds good.

Forward or backward lean killed you on that 210. Watch the end of the barbell on the left hand side of the video. Massive shift.

Looked well within your capacity on the eccentric though.
Yeah im not to worried about it. it was a total miss groove... lost the weight massively forward turning 210 into a lot more! On the plus side though I was pleased to be able to grind out a good amount of weight when the bar path was that bad!

Another 2 people in a critical condition from an unknown substance this time in your home town, what is going on in Wiltshire? :eek:

260kg deadlift @7.5?

Easily had 265-270
Yeah felt good. Especially at the end of a session, I called it an 8.5 but you know how much I like to sandbag it

3rd attempt in a few weeks will be 265-272.5 depending on how the 2nd goes. Thinking
1st attempt 240
2nd attempt 255
3rd attempt 265 - 272.5

Back