Ju
Yeah felt good. Especially at the end of a session, I called it an 8.5 but you know how much I like to sandbag it

3rd attempt in a few weeks will be 265-272.5 depending on how the 2nd goes. Thinking
1st attempt 240
2nd attempt 255
3rd attempt 265 - 272.5

Just do 272.5kg so you can lifetime 600.

Current thinking for attempts in 2 weeks are;

Squats
1 - 195
2 - 207.5
3 - 210 - 220 (depending on how 2nd attempt moves)

Bench
1 - 150
2 - 157.5
3 - 160 - 165 (depending on how 2nd attempt moves)

Deadlifts
1 - 240
2 - 255
3 - 265 - 272.5 (depending on how 2nd attempt moves)

No not cutting weight, just conscious that the pause commands can take an age. What would you suggest?

Fair, nothing like local knowledge/experience.

Do you prefer to inch forward or start with a light opener for confidence and build with big jumps?

Fair, nothing like local knowledge/experience.

Do you prefer to inch forward or start with a light opener for confidence and build with big jumps?
In general I like a light opener to get on the board, build momentum. Basic outline for my attempt selection is;
1 - 90% (RPE 7.5)
2 - 96% (RPE 8.5 - 9)
3 - 100% + (RPE 10)

@Jester whats your thoughts on "peaking" or comp week training with bulgarian/High Frequency?

Was thinking

Either

Monday - Daily Max (no back off sets) - SQ/BN/DL
Wednesday - 80% for 2 singles - SQ/BN/DL
Friday - 60% for 2 singles - SQ/BN
Saturday - Comp Day

or

Monday - Daily Max - SQ/BN/DL
Tuesday - Daily Min - SQ/BN
Wednesday - Openners - SQ/BN/DL
Thrusday - singles @ 70% - SQ/BN
Friday - OFF
Saturday - Comp Day

Not much sleep last night, the boy is teething at the moment and is not enjoy the UK heatwave, and every time he woke up, it woke my little girl up too! Felt very tired in the gym this morning and that showed with the deadlifts but bench seemed to do just fine.

Deadlifts
210 x1
235 x1 @7.5
250 x1 @8.5
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlCnWLghebi/?taken-by=moose_lifts

Pause Bench
120 x1
140 x1 @7
147.5 x1 @7.5
155 x1 @8
160 x1 @9.5 PR!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlCnt41BwxM/?taken-by=moose_lifts

I am so happy with my bench progress this prep. My bench seems to have responded really well with the heavy daily singles. Just proves you dont always have to do sets of 3,4,5,6 + reps to get progress. Heavy singles and keep adding weight to the bar where I can seems to have done the trick

After this comp I think I'll keep riding the wave of daily maxes!

Not much sleep last night, the boy is teething at the moment and is not enjoy the UK heatwave, and every time he woke up, it woke my little girl up too! Felt very tired in the gym this morning and that showed with the deadlifts but bench seemed to do just fine.

Deadlifts
210 x1
235 x1 @7.5
250 x1 @8.5
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlCnWLghebi/?taken-by=moose_lifts

Pause Bench
120 x1
140 x1 @7
147.5 x1 @7.5
155 x1 @8
160 x1 @9.5 PR!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlCnt41BwxM/?taken-by=moose_lifts

I am so happy with my bench progress this prep. My bench seems to have responded really well with the heavy daily singles. Just proves you dont always have to do sets of 3,4,5,6 + reps to get progress. Heavy singles and keep adding weight to the bar where I can seems to have done the trick

After this comp I think I'll keep riding the wave of daily maxes!

Block periodisation models give me a lot of amusement. Doing high volume st 65% to prep for 75% to prep for 85% to prep for 90% to try to PR after 16 weeks ... yehnah.

Block periodisation models give me a lot of amusement. Doing high volume st 65% to prep for 75% to prep for 85% to prep for 90% to try to PR after 16 weeks ... yehnah.

Yeah Ive learnt my lesson with that! Spend all that time busting your ass, and making yourself tired and sore with a ton of reps, then finally test your 1rm's after 12-16 weeks only to find out you have gotten weaker.

Yeah Ive learnt my lesson with that! Spend all that time busting your ass, and making yourself tired and sore with a ton of reps, then finally test your 1rm's after 12-16 weeks only to find out you have gotten weaker.

The 160kg with long pause looked good. Definitely have 170 in there.

The 160kg with long pause looked good. Definitely have 170 in there.

Haha... thanks. I should really be more aggressive with my attempt selections, but the last 2 comps i've failed my 3rd attempt bench so we'll see. Plus Im conscious of the fact that it can feel like an age until they give the start command and feel like a 2 second pause waiting for the press command.

We'll see.... ;)

Back