Been playing around with programming today (was bored at work) decided after this weeks recovery, deload, low stress week or whatever you want to call it I’ll be implementing a RTS style template

Still squats 3x a week, bench 4x and deadlift 2x and incorporating heavy singles @8-9 and rep ranges predominantly in the 2-5 range it won’t be massively dissimilar to a Bulgarian style. Just feel I needed something fresh to get me going

Will look like

Mon
Comp squat
Comp bench
OHP

Tue
Comp deadlift
Pause bench
High bar squats

Thur
Pin squat
TnG Bench
CGBP

Fri
Pause Deadlift
Slingshot Bench (just cos cheating is fun)
RDLs

Most things will be heavy single then back off reps of 3-5 apart from OHP which will just be sets of 5, CGBP will just be sets of 3 and RDLs sets of 8-12

Meet week will be

Tuesday - openers
Thursday - squat x1 @80%? Bench 5x1 @8
Sunday - compete

I think a bit more volume on bench in the taper week will work well for me.

5 Weeks Out time to get back to work!

Squat
195 x1 @8
180 x4x3 @8

Bench
150 x1 @8
140 x4x4 @8

OHP
60 x8x3 @7

Rest day today... and getting a sports massage later. Still getting that sciatic pain/issue under my piriformis. Been working on it pretty much everyday since it first flared up back in April.

Rest day today... and getting a sports massage later. Still getting that sciatic pain/issue under my piriformis. Been working on it pretty much everyday since it first flared up back in April.

I’ve had an issue with this at times.

The two things I found were somewhat causative was hips too low on the deadlift (too much squat, not enough hinge), and stance too close.

I have a feeling that working on abductors does really good things for it too - but limited stuff I can practically do, beyond ‘best fit’ band work.

I’ve had an issue with this at times.

The two things I found were somewhat causative was hips too low on the deadlift (too much squat, not enough hinge), and stance too close.

I have a feeling that working on abductors does really good things for it too - but limited stuff I can practically do, beyond ‘best fit’ band work.
Its ever since that back injury from that failed squat months ago.

I have played around with stance with and hip height in the DL bu it doesn't make much difference. I basically have been managing it with a combination of lacrosse ball and stretching most nights and this helps. But if I dont do this for a few days it flares up again.

I dont really feel it while training its usually first thing in the morning, or if I dont train that day I feel it.

Its ever since that back injury from that failed squat months ago.

I have played around with stance with and hip height in the DL bu it doesn't make much difference. I basically have been managing it with a combination of lacrosse ball and stretching most nights and this helps. But if I dont do this for a few days it flares up again.

I dont really feel it while training its usually first thing in the morning, or if I dont train that day I feel it.

I’m convinced it’s essentially the same thing that levelled Candito, and has taken out Mike T and Bryce Krawczyk (sp?) as well.

There’s something about the hip that has a real potential to get fucked up when it’s moving from flexion to extension whilst going through space at the same time.

I’m convinced it’s essentially the same thing that levelled Candito, and has taken out Mike T and Bryce Krawczyk (sp?) as well.

There’s something about the hip that has a real potential to get fucked up when it’s moving from flexion to extension whilst going through space at the same time.
That doesn't make me feel to positive lol! Bryce Krawcyk is one of my favorite lifters and I know he's been struggling with that for a while.

I think after the British I may have to take things a bit easy for a while. Might even do an old school HST block.

That doesn't make me feel to positive lol! Bryce Krawcyk is one of my favorite lifters and I know he's been struggling with that for a while.

I think after the British I may have to take things a bit easy for a while. Might even do an old school HST block.

Eh, my other theory is that American volume programming (RTS, BM, Candito etc.) is a massive factor in things ending up that way - the potential being realised.

You’ll be fine with some ancillary stuff for abductors, adductors and maybe spent some time on sumo? I’d do it more if not for my knee.

Pin squats
180 x1 @7
190 x1 @9
170 x3 @9
160 x3 @7.5
160 x 3 @8
160 x3 @8.5

Tng bench
152.5 x1 @8
130 x7 @8
130 x7 @9
122.5 x7 @8

Lat pull down
55kg x12
60 x12
65 x 12

Pause deadlift
220 x1 @ 7
230 x1 @ 8
222.5 x3 @9
210 x3 @8
210 x3 @8

Slingshot Bench
180 x1 @7
190 x1 @8

CGBP
140 x4 @9
135 x4 @7
135 x4 @9
130 x4 @8

Joined up to a new gym last week, which means I can move my training sessions from having to get up at 4:15 am to train at 5:00 am to training at 19:00

Hoping the extra 1 1/2 hours sleep each day and training at a more pleasant time of the day will transfer itself into some nice strength progress.

The new gym is not the biggest but a more powerlifting/strength specific gym with competition spec barbells, comp spec benches and a lot more specialty bars (which im looking forward to using after british)
Also I'll go from being the strongest in the gym to potentially one of the weakest so might give me a bit more of a push, drive etc... to get stronger.

19060210_1276303922468362_1491111444025335228_n.jpg

Joined up to a new gym last week, which means I can move my training sessions from having to get up at 4:15 am to train at 5:00 am to training at 19:00

Hoping the extra 1 1/2 hours sleep each day and training at a more pleasant time of the day will transfer itself into some nice strength progress.

The new gym is not the biggest but a more powerlifting/strength specific gym with competition spec barbells, comp spec benches and a lot more specialty bars (which im looking forward to using after british)
Also I'll go from being the strongest in the gym to potentially one of the weakest so might give me a bit more of a push, drive etc... to get stronger.

19060210_1276303922468362_1491111444025335228_n.jpg

Reverse hyper equipped?

Back