Single Arm tricep pushdown
Purple band x15x3

Lat pull down
112 x10x3 @8

Reverse Hypers
30kg x15x3 @7

Bicep Curls (alternating Db)
17.5 x10x3

Raw with wraps or single ply meet? Spoto press seems to have gone out of favour with the RTS-BBM obsession of pins for everything.

Raw with wraps or single ply meet? Spoto press seems to have gone out of favour with the RTS-BBM obsession of pins for everything.
RAW with wraps.

With regards Spoto Press, I think it helps teach you keep better tension than pins. Pin presses are great, but it is easy to loose tightness on the pins. Plus up until the last few weeks I had never done Spoto pressing ever, so hoping that this new movement/stimulus carries over to better progress.

Deadlifts - changed to taking my air and bracing form the top, felt like I could brace harder, but almost ran out of air by the time the bar broke the floor lol

230 x3 @6 - really happy about the speed and ease of this, could have taken more slack out and as a result the first rep was a bit ‘squiffy’
215 x3x5 @5-6

Squats
170 x3x4 @5-6

OHP
90 x3 @9.5
85 x3 @8

Last edited:
Deadlifts - changed to taking my air and bracing form the top, felt like I could brace harder, but almost ran out of air by the time the bar broke the floor lol

230 x3 @6 - really happy about the speed and ease of this, could have taken more slack out and as a result the first rep was a bit ‘squiffy’
215 x3x5 @5-6

Squats
170 x3x4 @5-6

OHP
90 x3 @9.5
85 x3 @8

Your hips look at a better height on the 2nd reps.

I heard something to try re: slack is load up beyond what you can lift, and try to pull it out (slack) regardless of load exceeding max by far.

Your hips look at a better height on the 2nd reps.

I heard something to try re: slack is load up beyond what you can lift, and try to pull it out (slack) regardless of load exceeding max by far.
Yeah, defiantly felt in a better position on the back offs

I’ve seen that a bit lately too, isometric holds with a weight you could t break off the floor.

Might add that in at some point

4 wheels on the bench far off, do you think?
I don’t think it would be far off TnG but comp pause not so sure.

Next week I’m going to work up to 3rms in s/b/d to give me a idea of openeners, after that i’ll Bring heavy singles back in for the last 4 weeks of prep so I’ll have a better idea then

I don’t think it would be far off TnG but comp pause not so sure.

Next week I’m going to work up to 3rms in s/b/d to give me a idea of openeners, after that i’ll Bring heavy singles back in for the last 4 weeks of prep so I’ll have a better idea then

How many weeks out? And how are the wraps.

Saw a 2nd half deadlift bar on a market site here the other day, so tempted...

How many weeks out? And how are the wraps.

Saw a 2nd half deadlift bar on a market site here the other day, so tempted...
6 weeks out. Knees are pretty bruised from the wraps, but they are good fun. So much pop out of the hole but you have to time it right and get the wraps on in the right place.

Been wrapping myself as I don’t want other variables affecting things, so good forearm and grip training as well lol

What deadlift bar is it?

6 weeks out. Knees are pretty bruised from the wraps, but they are good fun. So much pop out of the hole but you have to time it right and get the wraps on in the right place.

Been wrapping myself as I don’t want other variables affecting things, so good forearm and grip training as well lol

What deadlift bar is it?

Texan, with some age but nothing relevant. Few hundred.

Rogue brand new is $450 here. So a little torn.

Texan, with some age but nothing relevant. Few hundred.

Rogue brand new is $450 here. So a little torn.
I still think I am stronger on a stiff bar, but thats mainly because the majority of my training has been on stiff bars over the last few years.

Deadlift bars do help to to make sure you pull the slack out though. For few hundred dollars I'd get it if I were you!

A bit of weird session last night, couldn't get my head in the game. I usually train on my own but trained with a guy last night that is doing the same comp as me so wanted to use the monolift, but I had to show him how to wrap, how to use the wrap roller, he was faffing around between sets. Then one of my back off sets he said he would do the handle, turns out he didn't know how to do the handle, so had to rack and un-rack 215kg several times. By the time I did the set It was like crap as the wraps had been on for about 5 minutes by this point cutting off the circulation to my feet.

On the plus side I hit 235kg for a triple which puts me on track for 260 at the meet, but I wasn't to happy with the execution of it. Bracing was off, didn't get my upper back tight, and was higher than a giraffes nuts!

Anyway
Squat w/wraps
235 x3 @9.75
215 x2 - this was the set I had to rack and unrack several times
215 x3 @7
215 x3 @7

Incline Bench
120 x3x3 @8

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsoVqfFgvBo/

Slack was half way up your legs on that 250kg triple ... seems to be grained in now, good stuff.

Re: cable rows- IMO they’re training the lifter musculature in the ‘weaker’ positions for the back, and make it stronger. Minimal fatigue too.

Slack was half way up your legs on that 250kg triple ... seems to be grained in now, good stuff.

Re: cable rows- IMO they’re training the lifter musculature in the ‘weaker’ positions for the back, and make it stronger. Minimal fatigue too.
Thanks

Yeah it’s getting there, although I felt the 2nd rep was a bit sloppy

I might start including the rows.

Back