Browners New Powerlifting Log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Browner, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

How much band tension do you create?

2. Browner

Browner Well-Known Member

Not sure, next time I do it i'll find out. Its a red mini band stretched out to about its max, so I would guess about 20kg maybe

Jester likes this.
  3. Browner

OHP 80x3x3 @6-7

Tricep pushdowns 60kg x12x3
    Reverse Db flyes 10kg x10x3

GHR
    BW +10kg x15x3

Tried reverse hypers @Jester but they gave me a lot of weird pain in the low back so didn’t do hem

Jester likes this.
  4. Browner

Any tips to get rid of tricep tendinitis would be greatly appreciated!

5. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

More bicep curls, not even kidding.

Nice ink btw.

Baraja has this theory that you keep working it once you can find the sweet spot mix between load and volume. Check his latest Instagram post - coincidental timing.

Browner likes this.
  6. Browner

Thanks mate, What’s the Instagram account?

7. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Bloody autocorrect. Baraki...

8. Sci

Sci Well-Known Member

Less frequency, lighter loading, higher reps to create more lactic acid and lower loading to reduce extreme tension on the tendons.... you know, all the stuff Powerlifters hate to do. Haha
    I never do loads above my 6 RM mainly because I want to avoid injury.

(And also avoid triceps l exercises where you are extending the arm under loading with the elbows fully flexed, I don’t recommend going any report than 90 degrees arm flex Welshmen doing triceps stuff). (Full ROM close grip bench, push downs where you let your arms fully flexed, instead do board press lockouts, and only flex your arm to 90 degrees and no further in push downs, etc.)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    Browner likes this.
  9. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I avoid push downs like the plague personally. Have always resulted in tendonitis or something similar for me.

Sci and Browner like this.
  10. Browner

Thanks @Sci !

Going to start by halving the frequency from 4 to 2 times benching per week, and using 2 different variations of bench and see how that helps

Sci likes this.
  11. Sci

Sci Well-Known Member

Agreed. I mostly rely on overhead pressing and benching. But My favorite triceps focus is pullovers where my hands are behind my head. Nice stretch and triceps strain without the tendon pain of push downs and nose breakers.

Browner likes this.
  12. Browner

Another step to trying to eliminate the elbow tendinitis went back to 'thumbs over' hand position when squatting.

Squat w/belt
    150 x4x4 @N/A back was been feeling a little bit tight, so limited the weight. Felt light and moved really well. Experimented with taking my air in for bracing through my nose and felt like I could get a better brace and more 360 pressure into the belt. Also focusing on keeping my knees over my toes longer out of the hole to stop them drifting back and hips rising to fast. Not entirely happy with bar path though.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BqYHjblAU0c/

Lat Pulldown
    98 x10x3 @7

Reverse Hyper
    Gave these another go @Jester
    Didnt feel the pain I felt last time, but load was minimal, will just try and progressively load these over the coming weeks. Probably only once a week to start with
    20kg x15x3

DB Bicep Curls
    22.5 x10x3

Finished with McGills big 3

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    Jester likes this.
  13. Browner

Spoto Press
    125 x5x4 @7 - tried to descend faster to put the breaks on harder before the bar touches the chest. A lot harder doing it this way

Front Squat
    130 x4x3 @6-7
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqar0oblTLD/

Leg extensions
    41kg x20 +6+6+6+6+5

Cable Crunches
    45kg x15x3

Planks
    3 x45sec

14. Browner

Squat w/belt
    155 x5x5

Incline bench
    105 x5x3

Pulldowns
    98 x10x3

Reverse Hypers
    25kg of plate weight x12x3

15. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

98kgs is awfully difficult to make happen?

16. Browner

Only the first plate has a weight marked on it at 7kg had 14 plates so I think it was 98kg ;)

And apparently its not that impressive lol
    upload_2018-11-27_11-18-8.png

Jester likes this.
  17. Browner

Front squats
    125 x5x3 @7 - finally something that resembles a front rack position rather than the bodybuilder grip
    https://instagram.com/p/BqstoAOg8pm/

Spoto Press
    125 x5x4 @6-8 fatigued quickly on these mainly due to having to rush the sets to get the sets in

18. _tim

_tim Active Member

It's fun watching you lift, @Browner! Thanks for the IG/YT links - I connected a few months back.

Browner likes this.
  19. Browner

_tim likes this.
  20. Browner