Cutting with HST

You told us you don't want your pictures around but all this thread is about size and aesthetics right? Why don't you cut off your face and post the pictures. Would be much easier to criticize.

Jester. I am 6ft @ 200lbs. I've lost 6lbs on this cut. I haven't had my bodyfat measured professionally.

Totentanz. I don't think my waist tells the full story. When I was at my fattest 1 and half years ago at 224lbs I only had a 36 inch waist then. As I say. My fat goes to hips butt and thighs first.

I just took a measuring tape and measured around my butt across the pubic bone area and it measures 45 inches.

Last edited:
Wungun
My carbs are around 200g a day on this diet. I don't know much about carb back loading but I do intermittent fasting in which I am eating only twice a day (first meal 5pm) so I assume my carbs are pretty well timed.
@charr,

Not sure about the protocols for IF but I thought it was an approximate fast of 16 hours (assumed it is Leagains), you say your 1st meal of the day is 5pm, what time is your 2nd meal?

Last edited:
Hi Mick.

Yeah I do IF with a 16 hour fast. My eating window is 4pm until 12pm but I usually have my first meal around 5pm. Last meal is about 11:30pm

What time do you go to bed / sleep then? Could eating that late be an issue?

Last edited:
Usually to bed about 1 am. From what I read about on IF it seems it doesn't matter how late you eat before bed.

Just seems to me that 800 or so calories 1.5 hours before sleep is not good, what are the macros for that meal?

How do you last to 5pm before eating I am ready to eat almost as soon as I get up!!!!!

I have to eat upon arising or I get a bit shaky. Can't skip lunch either but can delay it up to 2:00 PM.

Meal timing doesn't matter ... food before bed isn't making it into the small intestine for three hours anyway. I think people here drastically underestimate how long it takes any form of complex food to leave the stomach.

I've never had a big appetite. I could go all day without eating if I had to. Macro's are about 120g of protein 50g of carbs and not sure about fats just off hand but there isn't much in my second meal.

So how can I change my proportions? I feel I am too wide at the top of the leg. Should i measure 45 inches around when my waist is 32 - 34 inches?

I've never had a big appetite. I could go all day without eating if I had to.

I recall you saying a while ago that you couldn't go under a certain amount of calories. So which is it?

45 inches around at the butt isn't that big, just fyi.

Hi Totentanz. That is correct about the calories. The above post you are probably referring to is for 1 meal. My calories are still around 2000 day. As for the 45 inches it's out of proportion though.

When I say I could go all day if I had to. I could but only for one day. I can just about sustain 2000 calories a day. Going lower such as 1500 I haven't been able to sustain along with my workouts

Jester. I am 6ft @ 200lbs. I've lost 6lbs on this cut. I haven't had my bodyfat measured professionally.

Totentanz. I don't think my waist tells the full story. When I was at my fattest 1 and half years ago at 224lbs I only had a 36 inch waist then. As I say. My fat goes to hips butt and thighs first.

I just took a measuring tape and measured around my butt across the pubic bone area and it measures 45 inches.

Frankly, I'm starting to think you might be confusing fat w/extra skin or just 'skinny fat'. 183cm and 90kg is not fat. Especially not with some of those strength numbers you have; 100kg for 10 bench etc.

Charr: i understand re pics. Im exhibitionistic so I dont mind myself :)

If you read my log you'll see what I do. The latest two logs are prerty much standard protocol workouts whilst bulking. Ask if youre womdering about anything.

See. my thing about pics is that it helps you hold yourself accountable. Also, getting outside opinions helps because approximately zero people can accurately evaluate themselves without their mind getting in the way of things.

200lbs, 6ft tall and you're only eating 2000 cal a day? And of that, 120g of protein and just 50g of carbs...?!
You're cutting yourself seriously short...
I like your IF program as it's pretty close to backloading principles...
How often are you working out?
How much water do you drink?
Is your daily routine pretty sedate?
Are you eating before or after working out?
Train fasted for sure if you're doing IF, and after your workout, eat your carbs... All your carbs if you're able! And I'd be eating at least 200g...then scarf down the protein. Barring that, at least get 50 or 70g of carbs and protein within an hour after working out, then the rest of your Cal's after that.

200lbs, 6ft tall and you're only eating 2000 cal a day? And of that, 120g of protein and just 50g of carbs...?!
You're cutting yourself seriously short
@wungun,

I think you have slightly misunderstood charrs comment, I had asked him what his macros were for his last meal of the day and the figures he quoted was in reply to that question

Back