Favorite Bulking Foods

I am currently bulking and will be for the next few months. I am wondering what everyones favorite bulking foods are. One idea I have had is too carry around chilled protein milkshakes (whole milk) to sip throughout the day. I really like dairy: cheese, cream, milk, yogurt, butter, etc. Alot of complete proteins and fat. Also I like fruits like bananas in my shakes for carbs and generally eat alot of meats, veggies, grains, snack foods, etc.

BASICALLY I JUST LIKE TO EAT ALOT OF EVERYTHING!
Also I will watch my water intake and try to carry water or sports drinks with me everywhere. I should probably go to a sumo-wrestling forum and ask what they do!
laugh.gif

I like a lot of meat. Meat in almost everything. Sometimes I just cook up a bunch of beef and just eat it by itself. Mmmm steak on the grill, that sounds good. Might have to do that tomorrow.

But anway, when I'm not eating meat, I like pizza, spaghetti and other pasta based dishes. I always use whole milk for my pre/post workout shakes, and add olive oil to post shakes, sometimes I add some ice cream too. I end up munching on sunflower seeds and stuff like that throughout the day when I'm not eating...

Meat is mandatory...I carry around bags of beef jerky everywhere I go.  In the summers, I make it myself.

Nuts are also good.  Almonds, cashews & peanuts are my faves.  When bulking, I'd stick with cashews.

Although this is from the MuscleNow website, I can attest that the egg protein products they endorse are top notch.  Scroll down the page a bit and you'll see both the powder & liquid egg white produts (now I just hard boil 2 dozen eggs per week and just munch on the whites), but for convenience, these products are VERY good and all natural.
http://www.incredibody.com/

Another bulking trick is to consume dextrose shakes post workout.  A bag of the stuff costs a couple dollars, and you can easily mix it with water & protein powder and have yourself a post-workout drink.

I wouldn't say this is a bulking food, but as I have been cutting, I have succombed to a couple of binges. Yesterday, it was about 10 pancakes with syrup. Nothing healthy about it, but I had a ton of energy for the workout later last night!!!!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I like a lot of meat.</div>

Well Tot, I never knew that about you ...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

not much i can add as most good hi cal bulking foods are very well known. from there it just comes down to taste and preference. etothepii did touch on a good one though. pancakes themselves arent terribly hi in cals but add some butter and syrup and the total cals can be ridiculous. syrup espec., its all sugar but just a small amount is loaded with cals.

when bulking i find it helpful to have mandatory veggi, fruit serving through out the day. always a fresh vegi with dinner and always 1 serve of fruit in the AM and 1 in the PM. neither is very calorie dense but goes along way towards overall health as well as how i feel each day. they are very easy to skip when your just trying to get the cals in and dont &quot;feel&quot; like eating but i really notice a difference when i skip them.

otherwise, sounds like your on the right track to add a lot of size. with this type diet im sure there will be plenty of fat coming along for the ride but to be honest for some im not sure it matters. personally, ive done a variety of diets to date from very slow bulk to massive eating and still have yet to achieve better then 1lb muscle/1lb fat gain ratio so who is to say whats best. might as well enjoy eating all you can while you can.

good luck

edit: water, like you planned. as much as you can. no calories and you'll spend half your time taking a piss but your muscles and digestive system will reap huge benefits from being fully hydrated.

<div>
(bgates1654 @ Apr. 16 2007,20:47)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Chocolate milk and chocolate covered cashews... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Screw this cut... its time to bulk again!</div>
I hear ya!! I should have never bothered with any of the cutting I did this last year. Unless you are obese, I don't see a point in cutting until you are already as big as you want to be. I would probably be 210 right now if I didn't do all that stupid cutting for vanity's sake!
tounge.gif

Several guys warned me not to cut yet, but I didn't listen. Now I probably won't ever drop weight again until I have reached my strength goals and I am well beyond a 220 lb. monster.

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Apr. 16 2007,21:07)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(bgates1654 @ Apr. 16 2007,20:47)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Chocolate milk and chocolate covered cashews... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Screw this cut... its time to bulk again!</div>
I hear ya!!  I should have never bothered with any of the cutting I did this last year.  Unless you are obese, I don't see a point in cutting until you are already as big as you want to be.  I would probably be 210 right now if I didn't do all that stupid cutting for vanity's sake!
tounge.gif

Several guys warned me not to cut yet, but I didn't listen.  Now I probably won't ever drop weight again until I have reached my strength goals and I am well beyond a 220 lb. monster.</div>
never underestimate the power of perception.

you will be tempted to cut again, probably several times, before your &quot;as big as you want to be&quot;. its human nature. you always want what you currently dont have. the real trick is to make a firm goal and stick with it, especially thru the tough times like slow gains, beach season, long cycles etc.

&quot;as big as you want to be&quot; is on a sliding scale anyway. very few ever achieve it fully.

you have a good plan and a great amount of determination. as long as work and life allow you to stay the course for the next 6 months to a year you will do well.

good luck

Good advice...I should probably throw out all my mirrors as I balloon up
tounge.gif
...I hope I have the willpower to stick with my plan, but your words ring very true. I will probably be tempted to cut more than once during the next 6 months.

Blade Steaks( flavor of a ribeye @ a nice price)
Bananas
Oatmeal
MIlk

When bulking ( and when am I not?) I like to hit the Olive Garden, RedLobster and OutBacK Steakhouse 2-3 x's a week and always order steak and potatoe type meals.

Also I love those big skillets full of eggs and hash browns you can get at  greasy spoon diners.

I eat a Protein powder/banana /milk shake every 3 hours that I'm awake on top of any and all other food intake.

I will go 2-3 days every 6 weeks or so with just protien and water shakes to give my gut a break -it can get tiring eating constantly and I find I do better to take that break for a few days .

Well, of course, I am the guy who won't recommend lots of meat.  But even if you add that, I like huge burritos -- plenty of calories and the beans have protein (plus the meat and cheese, if you are so inclined).

I have become a fan of protein/energy bars lately. On my last cut (yeah, it sucks!) a protein bar was basically my breakfast.  But they are good to carry around for a quick shot of protein and calories anytime.  Choose your favorite.  The peanut butter flavored ones I eat (Cliff's Builders Bars) are covered in dark chocolate -- practically a candy bar, but with  270 kcals and 20 gm protein each.

You are a sick man Dan!
laugh.gif

I look forward to the simple treat of a hot bowl of oatmeal, with milk, a BIG glob of peanut butter, TWO scoops of whey, chopped fruit, some maple flavoring and cinnamon. Yum!

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Apr. 15 2007,21:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I am currently bulking and will be for the next few months.  I am wondering what everyones favorite bulking foods are.  One idea I have had is too carry around chilled protein milkshakes (whole milk) to sip throughout the day.  I really like dairy: cheese, cream, milk, yogurt, butter, etc.  Alot of complete proteins and fat.  Also I like fruits like bananas in my shakes for carbs and generally eat alot of meats, veggies, grains, snack foods, etc.

BASICALLY I JUST LIKE TO EAT ALOT OF EVERYTHING!
Also I will watch my water intake and try to carry water or sports drinks with me everywhere.  I should probably go to a sumo-wrestling forum and ask what they do!
laugh.gif
</div>
Grind up a lot of hershey's chocolate, almonds, and gobs of peanut butter, put it in your shake, or just take a peanut butter jar and dip the chocolate into it...it's awesome. Eat 80/20 beef and steak for your meats. Don't ever eat chicken or fish while you bulk (unless things get too expensive). Also, you might want to use chocolate milk instead of regular milk in your shakes. Damn, food is so awesome.

<div>
(colby2152 @ Apr. 18 2007,10:28)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Milk is my favorite bulking drink.</div>
Same here. I drink milk with every meal when I am bulking. I stick to whole milk, personally. I want the extra fats.

Back