Favorite Bulking Foods

I agree, I am going to go through whole milk like crazy.

Today's lunch...huge homemade cheeseburger with the works, french fries, lemonade, and a slice of chocolate peanut butter pie...mmmm

I decided to eat clean for dinner tonight, so I bought a bag of salad mix, dumped the whole thing into a mixing bowl and ate it all. Wasn't very filling... I'm going to have to go raid the kitchen in a bit here. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches sounds good about now, with some milk on the side.

I just ate two plain beef burgers, raw salad, boiled potatos, turkey breast folllowed by a wedge of strawbery rhubarb pie and ice cream...
tounge.gif
My fatass is up to 202. Strength is up like mad though.

I hate restaurant "salads". Useless iceberg lettuce and some tomatoe slices a salad do not make.
On the other hand, that Mandarin Chicken salad at Wendy's is a rocker! When we make salads at home it takes almost a half hour to put together! I'll always use romaine lettuce or sprouts or spinach for a base and add to that. Tastes better that way anyway.

<div>
(quadancer @ Apr. 22 2007,04:36)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I hate restaurant &quot;salads&quot;. Useless iceberg lettuce and some tomatoe slices a salad do not make.
On the other hand, that Mandarin Chicken salad at Wendy's is a rocker! When we make salads at home it takes almost a half hour to put together! I'll always use romaine lettuce or sprouts or spinach for a base and add to that. Tastes better that way anyway.</div>
I agree, I love raw spinach. Our homemade salads are also monsterous, many many ingredients and basically a meal in themselves.

<div>
(stevejones @ Apr. 17 2007,23:00)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Don't ever eat chicken or fish while you bulk (unless things get too expensive).</div>
Why no fish? A good source of omega 3s, and if you want to up the calories you can add an oil/cream dressing, fry the fish, etc...

Food today's included omellete, sardines, a load of walnuts, potatoes, lots of fruit, a couple of portions of greens, about half a lamb shoulder (only a small one
biggrin.gif
), pint of beer, cottage cheese... For some reason, I'm still hungry
laugh.gif

Natural peanut butter is awesome. 2 tablespoons has 210 calories, 16 grams of fat/6 grams of carbs/ 8 grams of protein.
I am snacking on it straight out of the jar, going through a jar a week. About 3000 calories in a jar!

<div>
(Totentanz @ Apr. 15 2007,21:46)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I like a lot of meat. Meat in almost everything. Sometimes I just cook up a bunch of beef and just eat it by itself.</div>
I was cutting last weekend, using Kelly Baggett's diet (hey, Lyle recommended him...). It is mainly a matter of low, low, low carbs and calories, but plenty of protein. So I was making sirloin burgers two or three times a day -- just eating the meat patties without any bun -- meat with meat.

Meat is good both for bulking and for cutting!

Life is good.

as good as peanuts taste, that are not the healthiest nuts on the block. Think blood glue.

HA! LOL!
I alternate p-nutz with almonds, and my lady puts the occasional tin of cashews in my lunchbox (yes, I carry a cooler to work, so what?), but only because almonds are about $4 a pound here, and peanuts are only about $1.

peanuts contain a substance, lectin, which is basically a blood glue. They use it in animals to cause clogging of the arteries. Stick with walnuts and almonds.

<div>
(bluejacket @ Apr. 17 2007,00:18)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(scientific muscle @ Apr. 16 2007,21:07)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(bgates1654 @ Apr. 16 2007,20:47)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Chocolate milk and chocolate covered cashews... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Screw this cut... its time to bulk again!</div>
I hear ya!!  I should have never bothered with any of the cutting I did this last year.  Unless you are obese, I don't see a point in cutting until you are already as big as you want to be.  I would probably be 210 right now if I didn't do all that stupid cutting for vanity's sake!
tounge.gif

Several guys warned me not to cut yet, but I didn't listen.  Now I probably won't ever drop weight again until I have reached my strength goals and I am well beyond a 220 lb. monster.</div>
never underestimate the power of perception.

you will be tempted to cut again, probably several times, before your &quot;as big as you want to be&quot;. its human nature. you always want what you currently dont have. the real trick is to make a firm goal and stick with it, especially thru the tough times like slow gains, beach season, long cycles etc.

&quot;as big as you want to be&quot; is on a sliding scale anyway. very few ever achieve it fully.

you have a good plan and a great amount of determination. as long as work and life allow you to stay the course for the next 6 months to a year you will do well.

good luck</div>
it has been almost a month since you forewarned me of the pychological tricks involved in bulking. They are here! I am currently around 208 lb.s and training is going great and the juice is kickin in, so now is the time to keep bulking and easily reach my goal of 220 in the next 8 weeks. With the heavy weights coming up and da juice, I should easily add another 2 lb.s/week for the next 8 weeks which would put me at 224 lb.s give or take.
One small problem, I feel really heavy (until recently I have never been over 200 in my life) and have a decent gut going on along with my beloved new muscle mass. My wife keeps referring to me as her big 200 lb. bear and laughing at my fat belly and the damn cutting temptation is getting stronger. I have told her my plans to keep bulking and then cut down the fat and she is cool with it.
But I have to focus on my current mass cycle and get some more hypertrophy without worrying about the fat.
I know (as we all do) that fat gain is an inevitable part of every bulking cycle but when it becomes a reality it is very easy to want to give up and cut.
I need your support guys!!! My back is becoming thick and massive with all the deadlifting, and my chest has never looked better. My strength is up and I want to continue to eat right for mass, but I look at my waist and have a hard time imagining that I planned to continue to gain weight throughout this cycle and hit 220.
I know it is the right thing to do to continue with my plan, so I guess I am just posting this for morale support. I did some posing just now and love my new muscle thickness and that is really helping me to take my focus off the fact that my waist is a bit jiggly.
Plus I am still reading PL mags and planning to deadlift 550 and bench 330 raw at a meet before the end of 2008. So these things keep me on my planned course.
Anyway, I will stop my little weepy diary now!
tounge.gif

Just look up that bulking pic of lee Priest. Then look at him in contest condition. Unbelievable. Obviously juice really helps a cut too, or he'd stay fat.

<div>
(quadancer @ May 14 2007,06:43)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Just look up that bulking pic of lee Priest. Then look at him in contest condition. Unbelievable. Obviously juice really helps a cut too, or he'd stay fat.</div>
unfortunately, all the juice he and others are taking will give them a nice case of pathological cardiac hypertrophy
ghostface.gif
and not the kind which endurance athletes achieve.

<div>
(drpierredebs @ May 12 2007,10:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">peanuts contain a substance, lectin, which is basically a blood glue. They use it in animals to cause clogging of the arteries. Stick with walnuts and almonds.</div>
Man are you serious? I have some luck. First I can't drink, even though I love it and it's such an easy way to add more calories. Thank you lactose intolerant. The lactaid pills stop working after two weeks of drinking milk.

Then I force myself to like peanut butter, easy way to get more calories at work and I finally find a brand that taste good and I enjoy, but now I find out it's glue.
mad.gif

Oh yeah that's right, why should I worry, I'll probably die from all my saturated fat intake before anything else takes me.

<div>
(drpierredebs @ May 12 2007,10:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">peanuts contain a substance, lectin, which is basically a blood glue. They use it in animals to cause clogging of the arteries. Stick with walnuts and almonds.</div>
So far, everything I've found online says this isn't true.

<div>
(Totentanz @ May 14 2007,23:00)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
So far, everything I've found online says this isn't true.</div>
Keep looking.

Back