Have you ever tried?

<div>
(gspartan @ Nov. 24 2009,11:30)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Wow, and i thought only HIT'ers were close minded. There's a few members on this site who are the same.</div>
Dude ... You say you hit a wall in 2 weeks on virtually every program, but 1.5 weeks on this particular program convinces you that it is wonderful. Why? O &amp; G asked you a reasonable question, don't you think? Your avoidance of anything specific other than &quot;it's wonderful&quot; is hardly a compelling argument. At least with HST (or HIT, for that matter) everyone at least knows what they are discussing. I don't blame you for keeping what you paid for private, but don't expect everyone to just accept its wonderfulness at face value and consider them close minded if they don't. The only way you can get away with that is to run for political office....

gspartan, 2 weeks is not long enough to see real results in ANY program, HST, HIT, Build your Body... If you want to LOOK bigger in 2 weeks time, do high-rep pump workouts but of course that will hit a wall because it is not actual muscle fiber growth. Actually I don't think 2 weeks is long enough to see real results even if you are on the juice let alone if you are not.
I am not saying HST is better then Build your Body or whatever other program paid for or free, I am just saying that it makes no sense to evaluate ANY program in such a short period.

<div>
(gspartan @ Nov. 25 2009,4:30)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Wow, and i thought only HIT'ers were close minded. There's a few members on this site who are the same.  Face it, HST is an average program at best and i admit it's better than a lot of programs out there.  If you're getting good results on it that's great. But if someone tells you they found a much better program, understand that they may be right.</div>
I suspect everyone is after good results from their training. A lot of the folks here have a great deal of experience in training methodologies and dietary programming. Some are real-life lab-coats in their respective fields of expertise. That's part of what makes this forum such a great place. I think if you went to Lyle's forum (Monkey Island) and said what you've said here, you would have found that folks would have been less forgiving and a lot more insulting.

The thing is, if you come along and say, &quot;Hey people, there's this really great training method that I'm going to try... here's a link to the site... it's $30... I tried it for two weeks and it's better than anything else I've tried in 20 years of training... great results in two weeks!!&quot; then I hope you can see that it looks a little like spamming.

If you've been training for 20 years and making incremental improvements over the whole of that time then that's awesome. If I could get two weeks of good results from every training variation out there and make that work for 20 years I'd be extremely pleased.

Many of us here are keen to learn about the mechanisms that drive hypertrophy and strength increases; the basics are well understood but the fine details are still being worked out, so that's where all the fun and games begin.

Is there such a thing as a much better hypertrophy program than HST? Well, of course, that's absolutely possibly but bearing in mind that the principles behind HST have been well worked out and are a part of every effective training method out there as far as I am aware (think mechanical loading, frequency of loading, load progression, some form of deconditioning) then 'Build Your Bod' would need to incorporate these somehow if it is to be effective.

What makes training interesting is the mental aspect. It would seem that you are the kind of person who thrives on change and variety in order to be able to put as much energy into your training as possible. Some folks are the opposite of that and want everything planned out for months at a time with very specific lifting goals to achieve. I say, do whatever works for you but always try to ensure that you use the core (HST) principles in your training and get your diet dialled in for whatever results you are trying to achieve.

Some of us have had a bit of fun with this thread but there's no malice here. We are all open to, and welcome, discussion. I hope you feel you can come back and tell us all how you are getting on. If you don't want to divulge any training info that's fine but how about some basic improvements in key lifts like bench, deads or squats? Or how about changes in body measurements?

Sounds good LOL. I hope i didn't come accross as a total goof, it just sounded like a couple guys were attacking me. The point i was trying to make was that after training for so long i have a good idea of what is working or what will work almost immediately. I am not a beginner, who can basically gain muscle with just any program i start. I don't have a problem with HST. I just think that the good gains i acheived the first couple of weeks (every time i have used HST) could be because of the long layoff (1 and half weeks away from the gym). The results i get the last few weeks from an HST cycle are not as good. Maybe it's just me, i don't know. Out of curiousity LOL, next time you finish a cycle of HST, take 8-9 days off, and if you are willing i will forward you the program and you can try a 7 week cycle. Just so you can compare for yourself. Do we have a deal?

Yup, deal. Thanks for the offer to try it out. I'd take 9 days off from training which would start following a Friday session and finish a week on Monday. The only thing I would say is that I only have free weights. If the program requires a lot of machine based work I wouldn't be the best person to try it as I don't have access to them.

gspartan, I'm not throwing out smarmy remarks. I would just like to know what differentiates this program from HST or any other program that makes it provide the results you speak of. I'm sure you can tell us that without divulging anything that infringes on copyrights, patents, etc. Without some detail, you come across as a shill to lure us into buying a  phoney program. Just summarize some of the differences and give some credibility to your statements.

Hi LOL, private message me when you are almost done your SD ing. No machines necessary, just free weights and a stop watch.

Old and Grey-with HST you're progressively loading/overloading the muscles as you proceed through each 2 week rep range. With BYB101 you progressively increase intensity by increasing your workload and decreasing your rest periods from one week to the next. The full body is trained during each session, and you train 3 times a week (similar to HST).
During weeks 1-3 i guess can be called an endurance phase and by week 3 you're working the body to the max, and weeks 4-7 are more of a power phase where you concentrate on increasing the weights you lift.
Each workout lasts 25-45 minutes. I hope that helps.

<div>
(gspartan @ Nov. 24 2009,11:30)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Wow, and i thought only HIT'ers were close minded. There's a few members on this site who are the same.  Face it, HST is an average program at best and i admit it's better than a lot of programs out there.  If you're getting good results on it that's great. But if someone tells you they found a much better program, understand that they may be right.
I compared you to HIT'ers but you're almost as  bad. I tried Mentzer's Heavy Duty program, and same crap, 2 weeks of good results then nothing. Judging by the before and after pics of a lot of these HIT'ers, someone should tell them they need to change programs because it doesn't work. Even their hero Mentzer never used these techniques. In any case, be more open minded, and don't act like HIT'ers.</div>
You could use a lesson or two in critical thinking skills.  Demanding evidence does not imply a closed mind, nor does not falling for ad copy.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">never mind - not worth it...</div>

laugh.gif

tounge.gif

It sounds like all progression over every facet, which will stall out in a short while. Let's also not forget that when you change up from something you've done for a while, most anything will give immediate results, just being something different.
I agree with the others that one needs to fully run a program before evaluating it. I myself won't run the Korte again without tweaking the percentages - but I didn't know this would be necessary until I finished the cycle.

I don't know anyone who sticks to the plan and has a good diet who has stalled out after only two weeks on any program. Even retarded programs will generally bring result beyond two weeks as long as you aren't doing something stupid with your diet or not actually sticking to the plan.

Yup, that helps. Thanks for the info. I am sure that that program will work in the short term and probably in the long term if you incorporate strategic deconditioning. I have &quot;tweaked&quot; HST on occasion to a program very similar to that which you describe incorporating drop sets into both the increase in workload and decrease in rest time.  However, I believe in change also and do a major switch in emphasis (e.g. hypertrophy to strength) at least once per year. Good luck and keep us posted.

Google &quot;BUILD YOUR BOD 101 program&quot;. Would seem that the OP is promoting this program on pretty much every forum. I wonder....

This reminds me of that ol' J/blow reps debacle sometime back...  
laugh.gif

So what does the &quot;g&quot; in gspartan stand for? George maybe?

(as seen at FreeAdsPlanet.com)

You could use a lesson or two in critical thinking skills. Demanding evidence does not imply a closed mind, nor does not falling for ad copy.

Hey Mikeynov,
Maybe you can give me a couple lessons in critical thinking skills. You and all your other closed minded buddies on this site (excluding LOL and OLD AND GREY).

My point is, after taking 9 days off from the gym, you can pick and choose any program out of a magazine and make good gains for a few weeks because of the long layoff. It's not HST that's giving you the results you claim to be getting, it's the laying from the gym. And the results from HST are short lived and only last for 2-3 weeks at the most.

Hey Quadancer,

Just stick to HST then since it's so fantastic. I'll tell you what. Instead of taking off 9 days for SD, take off 3 months, then come back and start training again. Will the results have been from the long layoff or because HST is such a great program?

Dark Master,

You're probably one of those losers who have been training for 20 years with 0 results. So you go on forums hoping to meet other people just like yourself. I was really trying hard to ignore you but i find you extremely annoying as i bet most people do. If you think i am spamming, or if you don't like the program i am on right now, just please shut up, and move on to another thread.

<div>
(gspartan @ Nov. 28 2009,12:23)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">You could use a lesson or two in critical thinking skills.  Demanding evidence does not imply a closed mind, nor does not falling for ad copy.

Hey Mikeynov,
Maybe you can give me a couple lessons in critical thinking skills. You and all your other closed minded buddies on this site (excluding LOL and OLD AND GREY).

My point is, after taking 9 days off from the gym, you can pick and choose any program out of a magazine and make good gains for a few weeks because of the long layoff.  It's not HST that's giving you the results you claim to be getting, it's the laying from the gym. And the results from HST are short lived and only last for 2-3 weeks at the most.</div>
You have no idea what program I or any other poster actually uses in this thread.  Hint: a lot of us aren't even using the default HST template, or HST of any form.  Everything else you're saying is similarly silly.

Back