Have you ever tried?

Mikeynov-beleive what you want. You asked for my best lifts and i gave them to you. Just becuase you and all your HSTers can't lift anything close to me, don't try and put me down, or tell me that i'm lying. In my 20's i used a program where i was training twice a day 6 days a week, and my strength skyrocketed after about 1 1/2 years on this program. Due to injuries (not warming up properly and i guess age to some degree) i wouldn't even attempt a lot of the lifts i did in my 20's. Now, on BYB my form is A LOT better which i hope will not lead to any injuries and my strength on a lot of excercises is close to where it was a few years ago.
With the Reverse grip bar rows, i got up to 6 plates/side. Obviously, my form wasn't as good as is would be if i was doing 100 LBS but i did get up to that weight but had to stop because of bad elbows and wrists. Same with the dips. I do less weight now, but make sure my form is perfect.

Russ-i think i'll start calling you Rash because you're as annoying as one. Are you ever in the Toronto area? I would love to invite you to my gym one day so you could see for yourself, then you could come back and tell all your other buddies on this site what you saw.
Just out of curiousity what are some of your best lifts and Mikeynov as well. Let me guess, 1/10 of my lifts correct? is this why you guys are a little upset?

Out of curiousity how much do you weigh also?

One more time, just because i'm pro BYB, doesn't mean i created it. Right? right. I feel that it's the perfect program just like you guys feel like HST is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Dark Master-Whey. Those were my lifts, and my current lifts are pretty darn close.

<div>
(gspartan @ Dec. 12 2009,9:23)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Russ-i think i'll start calling you Rash because you're as annoying as one. Are you ever in the Toronto area? I would love to invite you to my gym one day so you could see for yourself, then you could come back and tell all your other buddies on this site what you saw.
Just out of curiousity what are some of your best lifts and Mikeynov as well. Let me guess, 1/10 of my lifts correct? is this why you guys are a little upset?

Out of curiousity how much do you weigh also?</div>
Just out of curiosity, do you not see the inconsistency in your statements?

No program you've EVER been on has worked longer than 2 weeks (but one), and yet you can row 600 lbs and curl 120 lb dumbbells? That implies a level of strength that maybe 1/10,000,000 strength trainees could ever achieve, if it's legit. But you're self-reporting that most of everything you've tried basically hasn't worked...

Add to this the fact that you're 255, and are worried about low reps making you fat or bulky?

It's just too much man...something really, really doesn't add up. My honest guess is that you are the author, or somebody trolling this board. If your lifts represent legitimate feats, then all the more power to you, but if you trained yourself up to literally world class levels of strength/size, why in the **** would you need to order a program called &quot;Build your Bod&quot; based on ad copy after 20 years?

One would think that somebody doing rows with 600 ******* pounds (more than Ed Coan, Ronnie Coleman, and basically anybody I've ever heard of) would have insight into &quot;what works&quot; at that point...

I was trying to keep out of this since day one since I smelt a troll.

So I think Mikey is spot on!

PS. I just went back to the buildyourbod site tofind the name of the guy who &quot;created&quot; it and try and find some sort of trail that may give us a CV on him. No luck. Though that doesn't mean it's not legit of course.

The worrying thing for anyone who does not have a good firewall is my firewall/antivirus (ZoneAlarm) just flagged it as &quot;suspicious activity&quot;, which could be a false positive or could mean the site is actually comprimised.

Ben Reffell-Interesting to suggest that the Build Your Bod website would be compromised or has security issues. Based on the footer it's an Auctiva commerce shopping cart website. So, this would imply somehow that Auctiva commerce is not a safe product. I'm sure Jeff Schlicht CEO of Auctiva would be interested in hearing about this since it would somehow suggest that Auctiva commerce is unsafe. Since you like doing investigations, maybe we should share the fun with Jeff and let him see your post.

Mikeynov-i just did some research. You're 155LBs and you bench about 100LBS and you're telling me about bodybuilding and about how to train? Are you freaking serious? I could spin you on my finger like a basketball. Like most people on this site, you've probably made strength gains but haven't built any muscle. And yes, one of the best programs i was on helped me build my strength a few years ago to the point where i was making the lifts i told you of earlier. Get over it, i'm stronger than you and any other one of your little buddies on this site. If i wanted to lie about my lifts, i would have told you that i bench press 500LBS and squat about 700 LBS.

Most of you guys on this site are once again stubborn hard headed mules. Continue making zero gains in size and muslce mass and continue wasting your time at the gym with nothing to show for it.

Mikeynov-keep following the advice of your little buddies on this site and i'm sure you'll bench 100LBS sooner or later.

<div>
(gspartan @ Dec. 12 2009,11:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Mikeynov-i just did some research. You're 155LBs and you bench about 100LBS and you're telling me about bodybuilding and about how to train? Are you freaking serious? I could spin you on my finger like a basketball. Like most people on this site, you've probably made strength gains but haven't built any muscle. And yes, one of the best programs i was on helped me build my strength a few years ago to the point where i was making the lifts i told you of earlier.  Get over it, i'm stronger than you and any other one of your little buddies on this site.  If i wanted to lie about my lifts, i would have told you that i bench press 500LBS and squat about 700 LBS.</div>
You told us that you row(ed) 600 lbs and curl(ed) 120 lb dumbbells, which certainly seem comparable, if not superior feats of strength to a 500/700 bench/squat.

Your research seems to be a little off (bodyweight is ~15-20 lbs more and bench, if you mean 1 rep max, is ~175 more in competition, and hopefully to be ~200 more in the coming months), though I never claimed to be a particularly large or strong person, nor was I ever advising you on anything.

What I find fascinating in your latest posts, however, is the change of tone and language.  You seemed to come across, initially, as a humble guy just wanting to try out a new program.  Now you're one of the world's strongest men and spinning us pitiful noobs on your fingers.  It's almost as if something has hit close to home, and you are getting defensive...

<div>
(gspartan @ Dec. 12 2009,11:05)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Ben Reffell-Interesting to suggest that the Build Your Bod website would be compromised or has security issues. Based on the footer it's an Auctiva commerce shopping cart website.  So, this would imply somehow that Auctiva commerce is not a safe product. I'm sure Jeff Schlicht CEO of Auctiva would be interested in hearing about this since it would somehow suggest that Auctiva commerce is unsafe. Since you like doing investigations, maybe we should share the fun with Jeff and let him see your post.</div>
It almost sounds like you know Jeff, as if you do business with him, as if buildyourbod is, in fact, your website...

<div>
(gspartan @ Dec. 12 2009,7:46)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">my best lifts were as follows:

Reverse Grip bar rows-600LBS

Inc Press-320 for 10 reps

Those are probably my best lifts.</div>
Two things-

Dorian Yates ripped a bicep while reverse grip rowing hundreds of pounds less than you claim- and he was Dorian freaking Yates. Coleman (350 strict- low 500's standing almost straight)and Coan(500 strict) both use regular grip so although they can't be used to lend evidence of bicep tears at the poundage you claim (you DID say reverse grip); they definitely give perspective to the claims you are asking us to believe. All three were heavily &quot;assisted&quot;- didn't you say you were natural? (not that it really matters - your claims would still be ridiculous even if you were juiced to the gills).

Secondly you just said 600#'s and didn't give reps so lets assume that it's your 1RM , that would give you a 10rm of roughly 450- yet your (claimed) incline press 10rm is only 320 - surely  a veteran lifter such as yourself would see that NO-ONE whose spent any time training both lifts is going to believe that!

one more thing Ed Coan (who was able to row a paltry 500 pounds for a single) had a dead lift best of 901 pounds - using his numbers as rough percentage estimations (roughly 55-60% of deadlift 1rm = row 1rm- which actually sounds pretty right on as I think about it for most lifters) you should have a deadlift of around 1100 pounds! Andy Bolton should probably buy this &quot;Build your body&quot; program too!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(gspartan @ Dec. 12 2009,10:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Mikeynov-i just did some research.- BLAH, BLAH, BLAH- Are you freaking serious? I could spin you on my finger like a basketball.</div>
That reminds me of another story, I had just finished spinning Andre the giant on my pinky finger like a freakin' basketball brah!!(to warm up for rows of course ) -Well long story short I was so strong that day that 600# flew up so fast I had completed the rep before I could even get my hands out of my pockets! Something deep inside said &quot;there will come a day when a deceit filled man selling a cheesy lifting routine will equal this feat - at least in his imagination&quot; well shoot! I knew right then and there that I absolutely HAD to do another heavier rep so I could be the legitimate rowing bad ***. I immediately slapped a half pound plate on each side of the bar and ripped 601 pounds straight up into my belly for the win. Then while paused at the top of the rep I slowly shoved one foot under a confused Andre the giant and sticking my big toe up his *** began to spin him around like a freakin toy! I would of done the same thing with my other foot to the gym rat that stood looking on amazed at my ferociousness- but I needed that one to stand on... Yeah, it sounds a little gangsta but that's how I roll...
tounge.gif

So, to demonstrate the depths of patheticness at work in this thread, and to bust out ol George here once and for all...

http://www.ccfbandung.org/build_your_bod-t901.0.html;msg948#msg948

Interesting, a user by the name of &quot;spartan,&quot; whose name is George (gspartan?), advertises for his website...wait for it...wait for it...

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">HI Everyone,

My name is George Lukas and i am a personal trainer. I have developed a workout program that will get you in shape and/or Build Your Bod quicker and more effectively than any other program you have ever tried. The program costs $39.99 (most trainers usually charge more than $40/hour to train you). The program is called Build Your Bod 101 and my website is www.buildyourbod.net . If you have any questions, please email me at [email protected]</div>

So tell me, George (quite possibly a pseudonym, but that's besides the point) - why did you choose to lie, pretending to be a customer for BYB, when you are, in fact, its author?  Why did you choose to do this while attempting to fish for traffic to your shitty, ad copy based website?

And why compound your lies by making up wild **** about how much you can lift?  The lulz are nearly infinite in this thread.

So busted.
biggrin.gif
This has been a funny thread.
All I can say is that now, after trying BYB for 2 weeks, I can row George rowing 600lbs. With my left arm. (Wonders if I am going to get some kind of offensive response for this)

Mikeynov an Electric-you guys are brilliant investigators. Good job. Way to go. Continue making zero gains guys. Maybe you should concentrate on your training, and one day you might put on some muscle.

Electice-Im sure Dorian did his rows a lot more strict than i did, as well as your other heroes that you mentioned. I never claimed to do them in strict form.

Anyways guys. I'm going to let you guys continue making your progress using HST and comparing your 150 LB bench press lifts. And i'm sure if i posted a picture it would also be fake and not really me right? Exactly.

Merry Christmas to all. So long.

Back