Longview

Tim gave the solution to the problem with pushdowns...lifting yourself up off the floor. That wouldn't happen with one hand...or if it did, you sure wouldn't need the pushdowns, huh?
Close grip Bench is the kissin' cousin of skulls, but I think skulls isolate better and can be done with a fatigued chest.
Colby: tennis elbow style bands, yes. Snug, not tight. I actually got them for tendonitis caused by heavy preacher bench.
Arm1-06.jpg

Well, one of my kids brought home a stomach bug. I ended up getting it and was up all night vomiting explosively, so... skipping the volume workout this week. Luckily this is a short lived one, they were all sick for maybe two days before getting better. This is my third day and I feel alright, just a bit tired, so I'm going to take it easy and skip the volume workout, then go straight back onto the max-stim workout on Sunday.

Yeah I hate it when I randomly get sick or very rarely over-train myself. It really throws my workout schedule off. I'm just recently coming down off of some over-training issues I was having, but it only took me about three to four days to recover well enough to hit the weights again.

Wow, Tot - seems like you and I are on a similar plane. If this thing happens to turn into a sinus infection (sounds weird, but that's precisely what happened to me) - my doc has me on a combination of Mucinex-D and 500 mg of Biaxin (generic name - Clarithromycin) twice per day. I take both medicines simultaneously. I'm on my second full day of this treatment, and it's working nicely - I should be back to normal really soon.

I hope you're feeling much better soon!

<div>
(DWhite2741 @ Dec. 21 2007,14:43)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Yeah I hate it when I randomly get sick or very rarely over-train myself. It really throws my workout schedule off. I'm just recently coming down off of some over-training issues I was having, but it only took me about three to four days to recover well enough to hit the weights again.</div>
You OT'ed on HST?

Normally I wouldn't have but since I was at an actual gym and not at home I felt the need to do a lot more than I should have. I did dead lift and bench press on a day that I shouldn't have and on my next workout day I hit a new dead lift record. For some reason it seemed to have effected me both mentally and physically.

Sure. You busted your &quot;limits&quot;. Most of these are mental anyway, and very powerful. When guys go through boot camp in the military, they always are amazed at what they are made to do and accomplish in order not to be eaten by a drill instructor.

Sorry to hear about the sickness Totz. A speedy recovery to you. Schools are great for delivering bugs right on time for holidays!

Thanks guys.

I feel fine today, though I didn't sleep that well last night since I had to work late. Anyway, the bug is totally gone so I'm back on track for tomorrow.

Well, we'll see. I'm just going to hit the max-stim workout and keep it relatively easy, but I think I may start pushing my 3x3 day a bit harder. I really am anxious to start trying for new PRs in dips, rows and deadlifts. I'm quite a ways away still from my previous PRs in dips and rows, so I think I can afford to push a lot harder.

Christmas Workout!

Deadlifts
3x3x400 lbs

Rows
3x3x200 lbs

Dips
3x3x50 lbs

Situps
3x10x60 lbs

I decided to use all even numbers for some reason... Good thing I have those 2.5s.

I'll be honest. This workout was hard. I probably should have waited until tomorrow, as I had just gotten back from my parents house and while there, we had gone out walking in the woods. We went up and down a lot of very steep, snow-covered hillsides, which wore my legs out pretty good. However, I really wanted to work out, so I did it anyway. I was going to do 3x3x415 on deads, but decided to do only 400 instead, which was a good decision since I doubt I'd have gotten all three sets with 415. I bumped up progression on rows and dips, and they were easy. Deads were tough though. Very tough.
I need to do something instead of situps because they are too easy and I can't foresee myself holding tons of plates while doing them.

I bet my back will be complaining tomorrow.

<div>
(quadancer @ Dec. 26 2007,17:26)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Steve Jones:
Chicks dig squat butt.
smile.gif
</div>
I just used that Steve Jones quote on a couple of my adult nieces over the holidays. They laughed, but they agreed it's true...
cool.gif

I have a huge ass, but I think it's just genetics. My kids all have rather large rear ends and the same big legs that I always had before I even started training. Anyway, it's definitely true that chicks dig squat butt. I actually get complimented about it on a regular basis. I guess apparently it's okay for women to say that kind of stuff even though if a guy was walking around saying &quot;Hey, you have a really nice ass&quot; to his female coworkers, he'd probably get in trouble. Well, I'm not actually complaining, it's a nice self-esteem boost...

My son actually has started training, of a sort, but he doesn't train lower body. This kid is a freak. He does push ups all the time. He'll come downstairs while we're all working out and start belting out dozens upon dozens of push ups. He has good form too, he is actually very strict about his form on them and won't count push ups where he doesn't have good form. I don't even know how many he can do because after 50 or so, I get bored and quit watching.
He also does bodyweight dips with pretty good form, and can do up to ten before he has to take a break. I can't get him to do chins or pullups yet.
Now if I could just get the boy to eat...

Well, tonight I'm going to do some 3x3, so hopefully I'll be coming back in a couple hours with a solid workout completed.

My bed broke. Somehow, we managed to destroy the box spring under the mattress and there are other problems with it. Anyway, for some reason, it is aggravating my lower back while I sleep. Every night, it feels worse when I wake up, and then starts to get better during the day until I go to sleep again.
This is ruining my deadlifts. I could barely pull 385 today when I was warming up for my working sets. So... in a couple weeks, we'll be getting a new bed, but until then, I am dropping deadlifts and replacing them with romanian deadlifts. Rows seem to be going okay still, but if necessary, I'll replace them with weighted chins for a while.

So... Today:

RDL
20x235 lbs

Bentover Rows
20x205 lbs

Dips
20x50 lbs

Rows felt okay, but we'll see what happens later on.

That's awful, Tot! Can you maybe kick one of the kids to the couch and steal their bed? Sounds silly, but honestly, our bed is nice but only kinda supportive. My older daughter's bed? Very supportive. If my back hurts, I tell her to go have a sleepover with her sister and I steal her bed. Problem solved.
cool.gif

I can't imagine with a hurting back that bent rows are going to go over very well as you start to heal from the workout.

Take your kid's bed. Trust me.

You could put a sheet of plywood under the mattress or put the mattress on the floor. You very well might get addicted to this extra support. I use a 2&quot; memory foam mattress topper and two memfoam pillows in one case...pure heaven. The fun part is, our mattress is SHOT; springs poking up and crooked, soft spots and lumpy...but all that disappeared under the mem foam. And it's a lot cheaper now than when I bought mine. ($138.00)

Back