Pictures everyone?

Vodka used to do that to my eyes!
cool.gif

Hey, ol buddy, looks like we went in totally different directions! I figured I'll be fat anyway I go if I want beef to stay on, so PL'ing is the new game. You look awesome in that mode though! You really kept a fair amount of beef for such a long cut.
VERY impressive man.
Now go eat something, Twig!
laugh.gif

yeah been on a split for ages. to be honest i found that my diet was the key to everything. the training was secondary.

@quad, after this cut ive decided to keep aroun 10% coz unless i go on gear i aint gona put anymore size on. so its just a matter of maintaining now, just keep the condition im in. i got fed up of tryin to bulk and endin up in no ans land. keep it up guys!
cool.gif

lcars, amazing job. Did you do anything "exotic" with your diet like low-carbs, IF, EOD, carb cycling... or was it just a regular caloric deficit diet?

i started off by reducing my carbs under 100grams a day and added 20 minutes light cardio.
then i shifted on to the ketogenic diet. it kicks *** is all i can say. carbs dropped down to under 25grams per day. i suffer from water retention pretty bad wen i eat any carbs, so once i dropped them i ripped up and got vascular really quick.
in my eyes carbs are the enemy most of us eat too many but some wud disagree.people tend to concentrate on cutting out fat in their diet where as i think carbs n sugars are the culprits.

anywho keto is what i will use from now on to drop fat. the transition from utilising carbs to fats can leave you really lathargic at first, but once you get into keto, theres no more energy spikes from hi gi carbs. its just steady energy throughout the day, i felt much better.

just carbed up at the weekend a abit.

yeah ive been doin once a week per bodypart 6-8 reps for compounds and 10-12 for isolations, been on this for a couple of months.

i train 5-6 days at the moment with increased volume. im gona drop back to lower volume soon and alter my program. dont know what to yet.gotta figure that one out.

chest n tris monday , back n bis + abs tuesday ,quads wednesday,hams n calves + abs thursday and shoulders friday. just do cardio and abs saturday.

Excellent result lcars. You have some cool genetics going on there too. Delts are looking heooge. What's your current bw?

My own personal experience was that low-carbing (<100g a day) while on reduced cals during the week and then carbing up a bit (plus a bit of a refeed) on weekends was a very good way to shift most of the fat; and then a few weeks of keto was enough to start taking things to the next level of leanness.

<div>
(Lol @ Sep. 06 2009,11:25)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Excellent result lcars. You have some cool genetics going on there too. Delts are looking heooge. What's your current bw?

My own personal experience was that low-carbing (&lt;100g a day) while on reduced cals during the week and then carbing up a bit (plus a bit of a refeed) on weekends was a very good way to shift most of the fat; and then a few weeks of keto was enough to start taking things to the next level of leanness.</div>
this was pretty much what i did. i got down to about 7%bf last month but have got my sweet tooth back so im around 10% @200lbs.

ive never really done a proper cut before, i was really happy with the results, now i know what ive got to work with i can adjust my training accordingly.

<div>
(lcars @ Sep. 05 2009,3:35)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">just droppin bellow 10% to see wots appenin, it was hard work lol , but worth the effort.</div>
Very impressive!

Looks like it was well worth the effort.

Great looking Icars!
I myself have experimented a lot with lowered carbs, which can have a dramatic result if you eat a lot of crap carbs (which are easy to consume lots of). I have recently found out that I do better performance-wise if I dont lower them too much though.

I usually cycle them on a diet, going below 50g on 2-3 days in the week, and being higher (100-250g on strength-training days, in the higher interval if I have trained legs or if I need some extra recovery from a couple of rough, depleting training days).

If I havent been over 150g or so for a week or two, I usually add a carb refeed &quot;day&quot; (500-1200g carbs in 36 hours, low fat) which gives me a very good boost to strength and overall performance for several days, at least one week, without screwing up the calorie deficit (during the week) too much. Either that or a just some food I crave (which will add more carbs, fat, and protein, but not as much calories as a carb refeed).

On average, I have found out that I need to be around 65-100g fat to avoid losing performance and well-being. But of course, going higher on maintenance or a bulk is usually standard (110-260g)

It also seems 100g of high-satiety, nutrient dense carbs makes you perform better than 200g of crap carbs and I think some (not saying you) who are a bit anti-carb should try focusing on good carbs (potatoes, carrots, fibrous veggies, tomatoes) when cutting instead of thinking carbs = pasta, soda, juice, cereal and wheatbread with added sugar and there are not other options.
Not saying pasta and bread or cereal is bad per se, but if used during a diet should be used in moderation and probably postwo only (depending on current bf status among other things of course).

edit: Oh sorry for offtopic
tounge.gif

Back