R.I.P. HST

Real world; real people; real problems; real jobs.
Whoda thunk?
laugh.gif

I still check in from time to time to see what you are all chatting about. Glad to hear that Bryan isn't going to let the site go away!

<div>
(Bulldog @ Jan. 21 2010,12:06)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I still check in from time to time to see what you are all chatting about.  Glad to hear that Bryan isn't going to let the site go away!</div>
I have no intention of letting HST slip away into obscurity. From the very begining, HST has been a set of principles based on how the body actually works.

As such, HST is relevant to anybody who lifts weights to make their muscles bigger. It doesn't matter what they call their routine, if it's about getting bigger HST is absolutely relevant to the conversation. The principles upon which HST is based are at play in all traditional weight lifting routines.

My interest is in the principles and the research...why? Because I have always been infatuated with muscle growth. This site is where I have the priviledge of talking with others who have the same interests, so I won't let it slip away from me.

Thanks Bryan,

This site needs to stay.

This is the 21st Century... and yet I still see people in the gym, everyday, pumping out endless sets, (in p*ss poor form,) often randomly, with way too many iso exercises, taking up to a couple of hours each workout.... and then walking around like they're carrying an invisible football (soccer ball to you guys)under each arm!

people need this site as an education.

Brix

What I like about this site is that it is about good, solid information based on ground studies. It provides a vanilla template that is easy to use and teaches you the principles that allow you to adapt the routine to your liking (while still following guidelines that make your workout close to optimum).
More than that I like the community that posts here, regular everyday people that lift weights, some lift heavier, some lift lighter and everyone is welcome. Contributions are positive, polite and more than often informative and insightful.

<div>
(electric @ Jan. 22 2010,7:47)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">What I like about this site is that it is about good, solid information based on ground studies. It provides a vanilla template that is easy to use and teaches you the principles that allow you to adapt the routine to your liking (while still following guidelines that make your workout close to optimum).
More than that I like the community that posts here, regular everyday people that lift weights, some lift heavier, some lift lighter and everyone is welcome. Contributions are positive, polite and more than often informative and insightful.</div>
correct especialy when you check out,the advice given to begginers on sites like this one
http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/Am-I-overdoing-it-m3728508.aspx

the guy hamiltonfitness,is a complete plumb, have seen him on a few sites,and for a guy who has been training for yrs he talks some shite

Just wanted to say that i check this site still once in a while. I have been doing Crossfit for a almost a year with great results but i know that when i take a break from that it will be with HST.

I really like reading what some very interesting people here have to say and the atmosphere is so relaxed and respectfull.
Keep it up!

OT: Hey Cold Zero, I'd be interested to hear how your Fran time has improved over the course of a year of CF workouts?

Nice to see a few people checking in, esp da Man. 4 kids. I didn't even know he was married!  
ghostface.gif

Now we just have to figure out how to develop topics of interest to everyone. Come on Fausto, you start off. You been lurking in the bush too long.    
biggrin.gif

And Quad, what are you doing on Meetups.com?  
laugh.gif

Off to Aruba tomorrow for 3 weeks. Come on down! I'll buy ya'll a steak.  
cool.gif

<div>
(Lol @ Jan. 24 2010,6:28)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">OT: Hey Cold Zero, I'd be interested to hear how your Fran time has improved over the course of a year of CF workouts?</div>
I started in april on Crossfit. Had a motorcycle accident and dislocated my left shoulder.
So i used it as rehab but liked it so much i have been doing it since. Had a couple of weeks of in november because of an achillesheel injury but other then that it's going great.
I'm going to start trying crossfitfootball workouts as they include strenght work along with the WOD's.

My Fran went from a 7.30 to a 4.48 using 65lbs.
Next time i'm going for RXed.
Also i have a 25 round Cindy (RXed) by now and my deadlift went up 55lbs and my squat 45lbs.
My bench went down 10lbs. But that was expected.
I really feel like i'm the fittest i've ever been.

Now i'm off to bed as tomorrow is 100 burpee pull ups...

Thanks for letting us know your situation, Bryan. I now realize that I came off confrontational, and I apologize. You're just a very knowledgable guy and the leader of these boards... it reassures us when you pop in from time to time to clear stuff up.

And man, 4 kids... heh. Have you thought about the rhythm method?
laugh.gif
jk jk!

Yes, hope this site never dies for all the reasons posted above. I wouldn't worry too much about popularity at present as weight training tends to be subject to trends, people will come back to HST as it works better than anything else (provided you do it right, eat right etc).

That said without constant new material there is little reason to visit each week, but I prefer that in, some ways, to the constant regurgitation of the same &quot;priciples&quot; etc on other sites (especially since most of them are plain wrong).

One thing I think you could improve Brian is to have a number of workouts (+ diet outline etc??) that follow HST principles e.g. skinny newbie, fat newbie, HST for intermediate lifter, HST for teens, etc etc. as most people need to be spoon fed.

Look forward to the revamped site!!
biggrin.gif

HST'll never die!

We just have jobs and lives, therefore we need to get on with it!

For years we have educated many on this system, there is not much left to teach! There are always inovators though, and we welcome them!

And it is all in here! From time to time we visit and if needed...help others!
smile.gif

<div>
(BenReffell @ Jan. 25 2010,10:23)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">One thing I think you could improve Brian is to have a number of workouts (+ diet outline etc??) that follow HST principles e.g. skinny newbie, fat newbie, HST for intermediate lifter, HST for teens, etc etc. as most people need to be spoon fed.</div>
This is a great idea.

Lyle has done this over at BR.com and it helps a lot I think.

It gives people and idea of how to train HST if they only have 2 days a week...or if they have 4 days a week.

Given even if you put up the exact routine with sets and reps people are still going to mess it up...it would cut down on some of the questions i think.

Secondly it would be nice to see and advanced version of HST put up on the website.

<div>
(slowgrower @ Jan. 25 2010,3:06)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"></div>
<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> And man, 4 kids... heh. Have you thought about the rhythm method?
laugh.gif
jk jk! </div>

Oh yes, they are all evenly spaced!
biggrin.gif

Bryan I don't even know if this is possible with your schedule (you sound very busy).

It would be awesome if you started your own training log on here.

I know I would tune it everyday to check it out....and I know lots of others would to.

Just a thought...
biggrin.gif

To get members you have to advertise ect word of mouth .
So ! I made the banned and no one is using it in the sig on other boards.
Copy the code and put it in your sig line

<div>
(Joe.Muscle @ Jan. 28 2010,3:47)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Bryan I don't even know if this is possible with your schedule (you sound very busy).

It would be awesome if you started your own training log on here.

I know I would tune it everyday to check it out....and I know lots of others would to.

Just a thought...
biggrin.gif
</div>
Joe, that is a fantastic idea! I'd follow it with interest.
Considering Bryan is a veteran lifter with a life, like many of the folks here, it would be massively insightful to see how he applies all his hypertrophy knowledge into his training.

Back