RAW MEAT EATERS

<div>
(quadancer @ Apr. 02 2008,03:59)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Learn something every day. Odd how heated whey loses it's proteins availability (over 110 degrees) but cook an egg and it increases.</div>
Cooked whye doesnt loose its protein availability when heated over 110deg...

If you cook anything, too hot, for too long, you have issues with amino acids and digestibility.

Fry that egg until its a cinder on the pan, and it wont be very available either...

Cooking can increase bioavailabilty, or the ability of the body to breakdown (and absorb) the protein by denaturing it, by making the protein structure more available to the proteolytic enzymes.

<div>
(Martin Levac @ Apr. 02 2008,01:20)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Raw eggs take 1 1/2 hour to digest while a hard boiled egg takes 3 1/2 hour to digest.</div>
So, where is your data from?

<div>
(ian @ Apr. 01 2008,12:00)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Looks like its not just the eggs getting heated now!
I won't bother quoting science or maths (mainly as they're beyond me)!
All i will say is that for a couple of years i consumed up to 30 eggs a day. I did it as it was a quick way of consuming protein. I experienced no negative effects (i'm aware of).
Plus, even if eggs are twice as good for you when cooked, I would challenge anyone to eat 15 cooked eggs as fast as they could drink 30, which is the reason i had them this way.</div>
In other words, ease of use. Good point.

Back