Sci's "Simplify & Win" log

I have been bulking for over 3 months and my strength increases have basically stalled, so I have to either keep bulking and get fat (like Totentanz
laugh.gif
)or cut down again...so I will cut. It occurs to me that this program will be ideal for cutting anyway.
I am going to diet slower this time as I lost too much muscle last time. I bought some more of Lyle's books and I think I know how to make my cut go a lot better this time. Also I am going to be less afraid of getting small this time and go as far as I need to really get a visible six-pack. Last time when I got near 180 lb.s, I basically freaked out and thought I was too small and quit just when my six-pack was starting to pop out.
Gosh, we bodybuilders are like narcissistic little teenage girls sometimes.
tounge.gif

Some 'inspiration.'
smile.gif
2q9bcph.jpg

This chick is one of the hottest I have ever seen. I need to put her up on the wall of my gym as inspiration to cut...except the wife might object!
sad.gif

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Mar. 22 2008,17:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Some 'inspiration.'
smile.gif
2q9bcph.jpg
</div>
Are you sure that's what you want to look like...?
wink.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
I am going to diet slower this time as I lost too much muscle last time.

</div>
Mainly, make sure to keep your protein up and lift heavy. That has kept me from losing much muscle mass while I've been on my cut since forever...

Sci,

A little bit of advice from expierence.

I too have always lost muscle more than I liked on a cut...but the most ripped I have ever been was at a lot lower bodyweight than I had in mind.

Unless you are genetically gifted or on Tha JUICE...a lot of times you have to cut to a lot lower bodyweight than you would even think!

I am 10.8% bodyfat right now and my abs show but not the greatest if you know what I mean.

I will have to drop another ten pounds to get them to POP!

I know there are some guys who have abs like mine at 15% bodyfat but my bodytype is not one of those and from your pictures it looks like your bodytype is not one either.

IMO you bodytype tends to look like it puts on muscle rather easy but is more stubborn to become Ripped!

I know thats my situation at least!

Also by the way it has been one Hell of a good bulk for you though!

Looking at your pics lately I would say your most success bulk so far...so you definatly have the BULK plan down or so it seems! Good job!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(fearfactory @ Mar. 22 2008,18:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">who is that chick?</div>
Well, I didn't want to say anything, but that's my wife. What sci is doing with her picture, I have no idea... but he's definitely got some explaining to do.

<div>
(Totentanz @ Mar. 22 2008,23:55)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(fearfactory @ Mar. 22 2008,18:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">who is that chick?</div>
Well, I didn't want to say anything, but that's my wife.  What sci is doing with her picture, I have no idea...  but he's definitely got some explaining to do.</div>
Your wife? That's my mother.
wow.gif

I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly.

<div>
(quadancer @ Mar. 23 2008,08:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly. I wanna kiss her belly.</div>
Heh! You're wife doesn't read here much, does she, Quad...?
smile.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Heh! You're wife doesn't read here much, does she, Quad...?</div>
Hmm, and I don't think he actually meant the &quot;belly&quot;.

<div>
(Joe.Muscle @ Mar. 22 2008,18:26)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Sci,

A little bit of advice from expierence.

I too have always lost muscle more than I liked on a cut...but the most ripped I have ever been was at a lot lower bodyweight than I had in mind.</div>
I agree. I have also realized that for 99% of us being ripped and natural means being small. Its just reality. I am expecting I will have to drop a lot of weight this time. I underestimated it last time and that was part of the problem.
I will probably end up dropping at least 20-25 lb.s and I will look quite thin in clothes, but I will at least be lean.
My biggest mistakes last time go hand in hand and were: 1) impatience 2) unrealistic expectations.

Thanks for your input Joe.

I'm confused about your reasons for a bulk/cut...bulk/cut cycle.  If you want to be lean and ripped, why not just stay that way and workout at the best of your ability at THAT weight.  Unless your in competition, there's doesn't seem to be any point.  Why waste time getting bigger and stronger if your ultimate goal is to be smaller and therefore weaker?

Because ultimately in a few years time, I want to be both lean and strong. And I really didn't know the best way to go about this until recently.
I think you are right that I need to at first get lean and then simply try to get stronger as best I can while staying relatively lean. You are right, this bulk then cut, bulk then cut is not really ideal at all ime. To put it simply, I was stupid.
biggrin.gif

No, I definitely wouldn't say stupid...I mean, we are all searching for the best way to reach our goals, and we are all different. I just know that personally, I couldn't handle such a roller coaster for too long. Health-wise, I also believe it is better for our bodies to be lean, even if it is at the cost of not achieving maximum strength. I'm going to concentrate on getting lean, to a body fat % where I like the way I look, and then just make an all out effort to achieve as much hypertrophy and strength as I can at that level. It's a healthier lifestyle, physically and emotionally imo.

<div>
(soflsun @ Mar. 24 2008,02:51)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Health-wise, I also believe it is better for our bodies to be lean, even if it is at the cost of not achieving maximum strength. I'm going to concentrate on getting lean, to a body fat % where I like the way I look, and then just make an all out effort to achieve as much hypertrophy and strength as I can at that level. It's a healthier lifestyle, physically and emotionally imo.</div>
While I tend to agree with you -- it is better to be lean -- I'm not sure that is necessarily at the price of &quot;maximum&quot; strength.

I've been on a cut for about six months (it seems like forever...). It's gotten me down from 15% to about 10% bodyfat. Yet, at the same time, my deadlift and squat maxes have significantly improved.

[To be fair of course, I am relatively new at lifting. Perhaps I would have gained even more strength had I remained at a heavier weight.]

Back