The Road to 10%

<div>
(colby2152 @ Jul. 08 2008,10:50)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Obviously .1219 = 12.19%, should have formatted that cell

TR... which firm did you work for? I didn't know there was a big 9.. I always thought of them as the big 6 (Mercer, Towers Perrin, Buck, Watson Wyatt, Hewitt, Milliman)

Oh yeah, my watch has no numbers on it too!
biggrin.gif
</div>
I worked for Mercer-Meidinger. I had a friend over at the Wyatt Company.

Six, nine...? I never cared much for numbers.

I am following the basics here, and now warmups are an essential part of my workout:

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
10s - 1 set 5 reps @ 70% of working weight on main exercises. Later exercises for same or auxillary muscle groups don't require warm-ups unless you feel you need it.

5s - 1 set 5 reps @ 50% of working weight

1 set 3 reps @ 70% of working weight

1 set 2-3 reps @ 80% of working weight

1 set 1 rep @ 90% of working weight (optional)</div>

HST 10's - WO 3/6 - 7/8/08
<span style='color:red'>5 min run, static stretches</span>
<span style='color:blue'>Bent Over Row: 45 - 15, 115 - 5, 150 - 10 (2 sets)
Deadlift: 45 - 15, 115 - 5, 155 - 10 (2 sets)
Seated OH Press: 60 - 5, 80 - 10 (2 sets)</span>
<span style='color:red'>Chair Dips: 6 Dips</span>

Dips are being phased out as the bench and rack have arrived.
laugh.gif

<div>
(colby2152 @ Jul. 08 2008,6:00)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Dips are being phased out as the bench and rack have arrived.  
laugh.gif
</div>
woot!

Yep FF, I am excited for the new equipment. I'm holding off on the equipment setup until I know what is going on with my residence in the next few months. I will know more information on that later this week.

The battery in my scale has died this past week, so no updated on weight and body fat percentage will be available for a while.

So, I tried on pants and shorts that didn't fit from high school to college. I put these away in a box nine months ago with a goal in mind. That goal was to fit in these by May 31st. Well, the cut is still going on, but I had to finally see how I stacked up as I was filling up the bags for Good Will.

GREAT NEWS, I must be getting somewhere with that cut of mine because 75% of the shorts and pants fit around my waist. Thirty-two inches was out of the question, but I fit into thirty-fours albeit snug! Now, all of these pants ended up going to Good Will anyways thanks to my thunder thighs (blame the Deadlift, Squat and genetics!), I swear my thighs are at least two inches larger than my waist. Oh well, I'm happy with the results.
biggrin.gif

Hey Colby, great news re the bench, rack and ever the decreasing waist measurement!
cool.gif

As promised for the past month, here is the latest picture (7/10/08):

Front_7-10-08-upload.JPG

The picture in May and a link to my old pictures dating back to 9 months ago are in this post.

I feel I have become leaner and the fat has once again come off in different places: waist, upper abs, neck. I really like my diet plan and although it will take longer than a standard cut, I feel it is better for me... Plus, I can mentally handle it. I enjoy eating too much!

HST 10's - WO 4/6 - 7/11/08
<span style='color:red'>dynamic stretches</span>
<span style='color:blue'>Bent Over Row: 115 - 5, 155 - 10 (2 sets)
Deadlift: 115 - 5, 165 - 10 (2 sets)
Seated OH Press*: 65 - 5, 90 - 10</span>
<span style='color:red'>Chair Dips: 15 Dips</span>

*This is the first time I used my Ironmaster Super Bench!
biggrin.gif

This weekend, I will assemble the open rack, and I will be able to do OH Barbell Press, Back Squats and Bench Press!
biggrin.gif

<div>
(beingisbeing @ Jul. 12 2008,3:47)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'm so envious of the home gym...man I'd do HST 3X a day everyday with a home gym...and die of overtraining with a smile!</div>
That would be a fantastic idea if it weren't for the dimension that is time itself.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I worked for Mercer-Meidinger. I had a friend over at the Wyatt Company.

Six, nine...? I never cared much for numbers. </div>

Nice TR; what did you do at Mercer? It's quite a huge corporation!

colby wanna give me some pointers on getting pics up?

the 'browse' function in the pics thread doesn't seem to work

the &quot;image&quot; function requires that you have your own web page?

<div>
(colby2152 @ Jul. 14 2008,9:00)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I worked for Mercer-Meidinger. I had a friend over at the Wyatt Company.

Nice TR; what did you do at Mercer? It's quite a huge corporation!</div>
I was their junk yard dog attorney for all of Michigan. I wrote, interpreted, or amended over 300 pension plans. Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution, you name it; I wrote it.

The pay was good but the co-workers were cut-throat and nasty. I was happy to leave and to go into business for myself.

<div>
(TunnelRat @ Jul. 14 2008,9:38)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(colby2152 @ Jul. 14 2008,9:00)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I worked for Mercer-Meidinger. I had a friend over at the Wyatt Company.

Nice TR; what did you do at Mercer? It's quite a huge corporation!</div>
I was their junk yard dog attorney for all of Michigan. I wrote, interpreted, or amended over 300 pension plans. Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution, you name it; I wrote it.

The pay was good but the co-workers were cut-throat and nasty. I was happy to leave and to go into business for myself.</div>
Awesome; are you still an ERISA lawyer?

HST 10's - WO 5/6 - 7/14/08
<span style='color:red'>moving boxes, crunches</span>
<span style='color:blue'>Bent Over Row: 115 - 5, 165 - 10
Deadlift: 115 - 5, 175 - 10</span>

Very quick and low volume workout due to my lack of sleep last night (4 hours). My wife and I started to assemble the power rack tonight - about half way done, it'll be finished and ready for my next workout.
biggrin.gif

Your going to love having that rack....and bench. I really like the extra confidence they give you! Hit em hard!!

<div>
(beingisbeing @ Jul. 14 2008,5:18)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">colby wanna give me some pointers on getting pics up?

the 'browse' function in the pics thread doesn't seem to work

the &quot;image&quot; function requires that you have your own web page?</div>
I am not sure about the &quot;Browse&quot; function, but in order to post images using the image tags, you need to have it uploaded to some website. The address also has to end in a legitimate file name such as .JPG, .GIF, .BMP, etc...

<div>
(colby2152 @ Jul. 14 2008,10:44)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Awesome; are you still an ERISA lawyer?</div>
Nope, I was, but I retired at age 62. Now I spend my time reading Greek classical poetry, watching Shakepeare, working out, and trolling for chicks (though Mrs. Rat tends to put somewhat of a damper on that last...).

<div>
(TunnelRat @ Jul. 15 2008,9:35)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(colby2152 @ Jul. 14 2008,10:44)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Awesome; are you still an ERISA lawyer?</div>
Nope, I was, but I retired at age 62. Now I spend my time reading Greek classical poetry, watching Shakepeare, working out, and trolling for chicks (though Mrs. Rat tends to put somewhat of a damper on that last...).</div>
I want to retire, but I am at least 35 years away from it...

You forgot to mention watching Big Ten football. I think Penn State has a killer schedule this year if I recall (Michigan, Ohio State and Illinois).

HST 10's - WO 5/6 - 7/14/08
<span style='color:red'>5 min run, crunches, static stretches</span>
<span style='color:blue'>Bent Over Row: 45 - 10, 135 - 5, 175 - 1*
Deadlift: 45 - 10, 135 - 5, 175 - 10, PR: 190 - 10
Bench Press: 45 - 15, 115 - 5, 165 - 10</span>

The rack is set up finally, and I am working out of a different space. I don't have the carpet room nor the bumper plates to do the Bent Over Row in the same style that I was doing before.... So, what to do? Anything that I can do in my Sumo Rack?

tds_sumo_rack_b.jpg

Also, I went and tried out an OH press with the barbell, and that definitely was not going to work. I refuse to go behind the neck Military press style, so the next question remains is what to do with my shoulders. For both the row and OH press, do I revert to dumbbells again? Problem there is my lack of small plates.

Back