What is your career?

I used be molecular biologist with the military. Then i got fed up with it and nowdays I`m in police academy.

Went to work in 11th grade, and quit school to help family. I've been:
Laboror, rock quarry
4 years Coast Guard 2nd class P.O. , Machinery Tech
Machinist's Apprentice
Equipment Operator Va. State Hwy. Dept.
Dump Truck Driver
Heavy Equipment mechanic/operator/demonstrator/hauler for John Deere, 4 years
Long Haul Tractor-trailer Driver, 5 years
Carpenter/ Remodeler - 18 years
Now into Construction Management, Vice Pres. small company.

I wore a lotta hats. And I'm STILL broke!

Well guys...just gave my notice today at my current job.

I will be going after a dream of mine and becoming Self Employed in the Financial Services industry.

Wish me the best.

<div>
(Joe.Muscle @ Aug. 09 2006,09:59)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Well guys...just gave my notice today at my current job.

I will be going after a dream of mine and becoming Self Employed in the Financial Services industry.

Wish me the best.</div>
Good luck &amp; I wish the very best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I went out on my own in 1992 with my first company &amp; have never looked back &amp; never regreted it in anyway. I have post this before, but I then sold the first one (1995) to start a manufacturing company, which I sold in Jan 2005 &amp; now am bascially retired at age 44 (6 mos left in consulting contract).
Initially its scary to make the leap, but what I tell people is, if you don't try, you'll never know. When it does work out, its so very worth it.

Again, best wishes...go get em' tiger
smile.gif

Now, go set the world on fire!!!

Omega

Now I worry about my HSt program &amp; if I like the Lambo Gallardo enough to get one
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

R&amp;D for an Application Service Provider
in other words
I test software and hardware combinations and tell the developers how they can make it work better, or which computers to buy
....in other words....
I sit in front of the computer and sip protein shakes all day

Just kidding, not really.

Started out as a computer/electronics engineer (big fancy word for computer repair guy with a degree). Then realized how much I hated it. Went back to school and became a paramedic. Been loving it (and broke) for the last 16 years.

The handle just came from being teased while I was losing all my fat - my clothes were all hanging off of me and I stopped buying them because I was having to replace everything every month. People were calling me vagrant - and it stuck.

<div>
(naiveguy @ Sep. 16 2006,20:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I write about science for Discover and other magazines, and edit an anthology called The Best American Science and Nature Writing: http://www.timfolger.net/articles.html</div>
Great stuff. I looked at the link, love the one about gravity..its a heavy subject (haha). Actually, looking back &amp; should have been a physicist ...love all the space/time..frame dragging, gravity lens stuff!!!!

PS, Welcome to HST!

O

Back