Where'd you get your username?

career in a few years. C stands for many things, i enjoy double meanings for everything. My career, will be on call, would be a crisis negotiator (cant make a career out of that, i want to do Crime scence investigation with the FBI, partically evidence collection, firearms, and blood analysis). I was also a Catcher in high school. My first "crush", who tragically passed away, her name started with a C.

I'm chinese, which is where the "chink" comes from

and my last name is "Ma" which is why my friends (and enemies when they want to be derogatory) call me chinkmama

<div>
(chinkmama @ Aug. 10 2006,22:40)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'm chinese, which is where the &quot;chink&quot; comes from

and my last name is &quot;Ma&quot; which is why my friends (and enemies when they want to be derogatory) call me chinkmama</div>
Now! That needs an award for the most original!
This thread has been around since 2002 .
And I like yours the best
&quot;chinkmama&quot;  That kills me every time I read it !
laugh.gif

My Mama gave me Sonny !
So ! What can I say ?

Sonny

Save a Chicken !
Eat a Cow !

Because I used to weigh 300lbs and once I understood how my body worked and what I needed to do to burn the fat off it came off very quickly.  More quickly than I could replace the clothes.  Friends would remind me it was time to get new clothes again by saying, &quot;the vagrant is back&quot;, it stuck with me even though everything fits now. Well, everything fits when I can find jeans with a 30 or 32 inch waist and 34 inch inseam. Now that I'm not fat, all I can find are fat clothes.

Chavda....surname nothing too special bout that..

21...my first jersey number when i started playing basketball, took me national..it was also the number of the first jersey i bought, Garnett 21 (Timberwovles). dont play ball now MMA's my thing.
cool.gif

mine is my last name plus a few random numbers
smile.gif

Teachers at school used to call me &quot;Mr. Bell&quot; and just kinda caught on from there, so now all my mates call me bell

mine is from when i was enlisted in the Navy. I was the most Junior guy in the shop, so i was always called Junior or J.R. Then a story about being drunk, and the inability to speak clearly, it got changed to Runjor pronounced (roonjer). So from that moment on, it was Runjor or Runj...

Great idea for a thread by the way

Dan is the first name, from Australia, hence the Oz. There's also one of those companies called Danoz Direct that sells those exercise machines that give you a 6 pac for 5 easy payments of $39.95, but I have no connection with them!

My nick &quot;Sikanauta&quot; is Finnish and it means pork and beef minced meat. I used to eat a lot of that stuff when I started lifting and wanted to get big... didn't care that stuff contains almost 20 % fat
laugh.gif

TunnelRat is simple enough. I used to go down into the tunnels in Viet Nam.

I wasn't a real full-time Tunnel Rat -- those guys were all crazy and a lot braver than I. Rather I was a rifle platoon leader with the First Cavalry Division.

I had to pick the guys who walked point -- the ones most likely to get hurt. So when we'd come upon a tunnel, since I was far and away the shortest, smallest guy in the company, I'd take my turn and go in instead of sending someone else. I figured it was only fair.

My men called me &quot;The TunnelRat&quot; as sort of an honorific.

I take my hat off to you, takes balls to do that. Crawling into a tunnel not knowing if you would be coming out at the other end, and also not knowing what horrors await you in there - thanks but no thanks!! Keep thinking of William Dafoe in platoon &quot;see ya next week&quot;!

All my friends had cool nick names like JD and Kage and Chance. I never had a nick name so I spent for ever trying to come up with one that fit. I first settled on Chilly from Get Shorty, LOL, I liked the attitude of the character. But it didnt have the power I was hoping for.
Then one day I was watching a movie and the character Sphinx was introduced. I decided that was my new nickname, and yes if you were guessing gone in sixty seconds as the movie your'e right.
biggrin.gif

Plus Ive always been facinated with ancient Egypt and history in general. If you look up info on Sphinx you find a quizitive mythical creature.
Needless to say it sounds cool, has multiple meanings to me, and is often available on forums.

Sphinx

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Just say it backwards.... </div>

Noooo. Serious why would you use a name like that?

Anyway, mine is my name...simple, what it means?

Aha...luxury...luxurious...of a sumputous lifestyle...great balls of fire not where I am right now
laugh.gif

<div>
(Fausto @ May 11 2007,04:23)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Just say it backwards.... </div>

Noooo. Serious why would you use a name like that?

Anyway, mine is my name...simple, what it means?

Aha...luxury...luxurious...of a sumputous lifestyle...great balls of fire not where I am right now
laugh.gif
</div>
I am crazy like that sometimes.

I am of partial Scandinavian descent and I liked this as a personalized variation of Leif Eriksson, who is widely accepted to be the first European to land in North America, several centuries before Columbus finally got around to it.
tounge.gif

Um, prepared to feel the full wrath of a geek.

My name is Tim. I'm a software developer.

I create most variables in my code with an underscore (_) and a lower case first letter.

Hence, _tim.

FEEL MY WRATH!
laugh.gif

Dvst8or = Devastator

I have always been a big fan of Transformers and my favorite was the Constructicons forming Devastator.

Yes I'm a nerd.
tounge.gif

Plus it sounds cool.
biggrin.gif

Back