Where'd you get your username?

I'm Mike Roberto, hence MicroBerto. My buddies call me Berto. Berto was already taken when I made my AIM screenname in 97, so I came up with MicroBerto. Most creative thing i've ever come up with... i'm not very creative!

Berto is popular due to many Roberto's out there (its a popular first name, spanish for Robert) -- but MicroBerto isn't taken on any forums out there!

My nickname is the nickname of my favorite character calls "Dreadanator Vindaël" that I created for AD&D role playing game.
crazy.gif

Krister is my first name, and it means the christian. And since I am a christian I think my parents made a good choice :)

Take care!

I was told that shouit means shadow in Ancient Eygptian. I used that name when I was playing games, and it stuck..

A Radio Station, was running a competition to find contestants who could come up with words that were not found in any English Dictionary yet could still use these words in a sentence that would make logical sense; the prize being a return trip for two to Bali for a week.
The DJ, Sam, had many callers, the following two standing out:
DJ: QFM, what's your name?
Caller: Hi me name's Justin.
DJ: Justin , what is your word?
Caller: "Goan" spelt G, O, A, N.
DJ: We are just checking that (pause)... and you are correct Dave, Goan is certainly a word not found in the English Dictionary. Now the next question, for a trip for two to Bali, is: What sentence can you use that in that would make logical sense?
Caller: Goan screw yourself! Ha Ha Ha
At this point the DJ cuts the caller short and announces that there is no place for that sort of language on a family show.
After many more unsuccessful calls the DJ takes the following caller:
DJ: QFM, what's your name?
Caller: Hi me name's Jeff.
DJ: Jeff , what is your word?
Caller: "Smee" spelt S, M, E, E.
DJ: We are just checking that (pause)... and you are correct Jeff, Smee is certainly a word not found in the English Dictionary. Now the next question, for a trip for two to Bali, is: What sentence can you use that in that would make logical sense?
Caller:It smee Justin! Goan screw yourself Ha Ha Ha!
PS. Justin or Justinw are so often used I tend to use Smee.

Kino is German (and Russian) for cinema. My given name is Ken and since I work in the film business a friend starting calling me kino and it kinda stuck.

All you guys seem to have better reasons for you nicks, mine is NWlifter... I live in the Northwest and I lift weights LOL
Not very imaginitive! :confused:

Ron

My handle is actually the name of my band. Which I will shamelessly plug Here.

The name comes from George Orwell's book HOMAGE TO CATALONIA, probably one of the best histories of the Spanish Civil war against Franco--albeit a one sided one from Orwell's perspective.

Majutsu = Mara + jutsu = devil's way literally

But it more suggests a left-hand path, or magic/sorcery. I used to compete in jujitsu and go (asian wrestling and asian chess respectively), my real name is very western, american and hard to say/grasp for an asian. So to introduce myself I made up a name, "magic" in japanese, ala magic johnson. It was very catchy, and gave me quite an aura with my opponents. I actually picked it randomly from an english-japanese dictionary, but the more I learn about the mythological roots of that word the cooler it is . . . http://ankokumon.chaosmagic.com/majutsu.htm for an in-depth discussion.

"Ripper" comes from a Judas Priest oldie called "The Ripper." I'm big into the heavy metal scene so it was a good choice for a user name.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ripper @ Mar. 11 2004,1:03)]"Ripper" comes from a Judas Priest oldie called "The Ripper." I'm big into the heavy metal scene so it was a good choice for a user name.
"Where would [we] be without music" ?
thumbs-up.gif

Always want everything I do to last a good long time. Ya know? Like "Built Ford Tough"? Maybe that'll be my next one.....

I started posting in the misc.fitness.weights newsgroup back around '98. I asked a question about some stuff my doctor had told me I needed to do, ways I need to change my routine. I went to the internet to find a group that was more knowledgeable about lifting and found MFW.

After making some posts and partaking in a couple of discussions, I decided it would be a fun group to be a part of and a place where I could learn a lot. But I was very self-conscious that I was not "big". I was learning a lot about lifting and figured I could help field some of the beginner "read the faq" type questions so I started using the signature: Watson (the pencil neck) Davis.

After about a year or so of posting, some people started giving me challenges/tasks to perform so that I could drop "the pencil neck" from my signature.

I got into powerlifting because of that group. I went to my first meet as a validation of my lifts. I totalled 920. Six months later, I went to my second meet and total just over 1000. After that, some of the regulars were hounding me to lose "the pencil neck", so I became "Half Ton"... because I'd totalled 1000#. :)

But then I got tired of all the noobs thinking that I weighed 500# (which would have been QuarterTon but math is hrd) and after some discussion, I became The Ninja of Nice.

I got tired of that and eventually went back to The Pencil Neck.

And here I am.

ilFacell: A derivative of my old aol screen name illFacelli.

Face basically is another way of saying "noman" or "no-one" much like Captain Nemo in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Eventually, the screen name illFacelli was lost, simply because I lost the password and then canceled america online.

So its AIM cousin is ilFacell :).

Back