2 month SD and return to BB

Quad,

You think I could put one of those under the hood of my little Honda Fit. It already gets close to 40 MPG highway, but why not try for more?

You look solid in the pic...but your eyes are missing??
smile.gif

Hydrogen is an alternate fuel for sure...and unless you're burning 100% of your gas, it can improve things. I wouldn't mess with that car tho. Youre getting what we all are trying for.
You didn't like my homemade shades?
BTW, I'm back to fat now! Feel much better.

Sorry to drag this thread off topic.....but I'm going to anyhow. Besides, you started it.
laugh.gif

Are the water tanks used in these HHO installs easily removable? I'm just curious because living in the northern part of the country it gets pretty cold in the winter. So I'm sure I would need to remove the tank from the vehicle if it is going to be parked for any length of time during the winter.

Maybe another thread should be started so Quad can keep us posted on the advances in HHO setups?

<div>
(quadancer @ Jul. 26 2008,7:46)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Hydrogen is an alternate fuel for sure...and unless you're burning 100% of your gas, it can improve things. I wouldn't mess with that car tho. Youre getting what we all are trying for.
You didn't like my homemade shades?
BTW, I'm back to fat now! Feel much better.</div>
Why not? Couldn't you get even better mileage?

Well, I made it to 55, still alive. It was the 18th. No big deal, except for El Blubbergut is back.

...maybe it was that Key Lime pie my lady bought me for the birthday...

Not too shabby Quad. So will you be back hitting the weights regularly soon?

I haven't yet finished this cutting malarkey. I would like to drop at least another 5lb before cranking the cals back up again for some heavier winter lifting and hopefully a few PRs. I was going to stop at the beginning of October but I think I'll have to keep going for an extra month.

I just worked out I ate about 3000 cals today and it seemed like borderline starvation!
laugh.gif

I haven't stoppedl lifting, but have missed a few workouts here and there, had to sort of restart now and then...a big job is in the way with long commute. I've also been devoting my time to experimenting with hydrogen generation technology. I can't do construction forever. Almost there with some new inventions.
I've slowly gone from the &quot;Old Grey&quot; routine of 9's and 12's to more traditional &quot;Hit it Hard&quot; stuff with the same exersizes, since I've missed workouts. This at least gives me something to carry over until DOMS diminishes. Seems to work.
Am trying HRT now, but am not very enthused with it. Not the great H.G. I thought and they advertise it to be, but maybe it's accumulative. I sure don't feel very jacked, or even energetic. One caveat; I sleep a little better and seem to think clearer.
But I STILL don't feel like working out and most of my stuff hurts.
rock.gif

I just drag it in there when I can.
cool.gif

Danged if I don't look smoothed over in those pics: even Deb said I look much better in person. I know I got some bulk up because the tape don't lie.
Fun continues as I'm closing in on former PB's, and today pulled a 335x5 pendlay with good reps to the end. Oh, and same set for cambered curl barbell...with 145lbs.
I seem to have lost some of the power in power shrugs, maxing out at 405 sets for now, so I tried the overhead shrugs. I must really be doing them wrong, because the traps aren't doing anything: seems that my elbows have to bend and it's an arm lift. I wonder how wide we should be on them? I was shoulder width.
Oh, and I ended the HRT a week ago; will try a bit higher dosage next time and see if there are any gains besides natural. But I'm not in a hurry because I have more eating to do.
Perhaps a shirt shot to gain perspective:

Hey Quadman,

You're growing and gaining again and I'm shrinking and losing!

That's some great rowing. When you consider that's more than a lot of folks can deadlift for 5 reps (heck, that's more than most folks can deadlift for 1 rep!) you know you're a badass.

How's your benching going?

Well, the O&amp;G routine slowly transformed into more PL type stuff. 3 workouts/wk, one chest, one back, one legs. My strengths are in PR range again, weight down a bit to 210, and I keep feeling like my conditioning really is tanking; I've noticed my breath getting up lately a lot as I've gone from sets of 5 to just sets of 10. (letting joints catch up)
Chest day: Incline Db's 3 working sets
Decline Db's or bar, 3 sets
Flat flyes or pec deck or crossovers, 3 sets
Flat Db presses, 3 sets
Back Day:
Pendlays, 3 sets
Pullups, weighted heavy, 2 sets
Chinups, weighted heavy, 2-3 sets
Shrugs, shitheavy for reps over 6, 4 sets
Leg Day:
Squats, 3 sets
Deads, 3 sets
Extensions, 3 sets
...recently added...
leg press, 2 sets
SLDL's, 3 sets
I got a bit unmotivated in my sunroom gym and wound up joining Bally's (wish I'd spent a bit more and hit Gold's instead) just for a change and some fun. It's great warming up with people's maxes who are your size or larger. The yuppies leave me alone.
...I dread a return to HST: I'll have to get in shape just to do it!

<div>
(quadancer @ Dec. 06 2008,10:01)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It's great warming up with people's maxes who are your size or larger. The yuppies leave me alone.</div>
2mhy4bq.jpg

<div>
(quadancer @ Dec. 06 2008,10:01)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It's great warming up with people's maxes who are your size or larger. The yuppies leave me alone.</div>
2mhy4bq.jpg

My stint at Bally's may be ending, as there are no jobs here; we shut down the company and I'll probably be going back on the road trucking. The challenge will be to try and stay in shape without a gym. I have some ideas and will probably take a spin-on db with me and about 75lbs of plates. It will be hard.
We're selling off stuff now, after another construction ripoff and separation from my &quot;partner&quot;, and I'll have the Bodysolid Freeweight Lever gym up for $650. Also the cardio equipment.
Atlanta has shut down. We're trying to keep up the bills.

<div>
(quadancer @ Jan. 12 2009,6:37)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">The challenge will be to try and stay in shape without a gym. I have some ideas and will probably take a spin-on db with me and about 75lbs of plates.

We're selling off stuff now, after another construction ripoff and separation from my &quot;partner&quot;...</div>
Good luck with that, Quad.

BTW, never take on a business &quot;partner&quot;. He can write checks on your underwear drawer...! In the long run it's cheaper to incorporate and just hire the guy.

Best,

Blimey Quadman, it never rains, it pours! All the very best with your plans. Really hope things work out big fella.

Back