2 month SD and return to BB

I should get that chance this cycle, because the 'Old and Grey' workout has a lot of chest in it for me, but no bench for a while until things stop hurting. I'm going to try to stick with this:
Remember it's one set per exersize only.
Day 1
Incline Db Press
Dips
Flat Flyes
Decline Bench
Day 2
BB Shoulder press
Face Pulls
Shrugs
Close Grip Bench or French Press
Day 3
Pull Ups
Chin Ups
Pendlays
Front Pull Downs (opt.)
Curl Movement
Day 4
Squats
Deads
15 Rep Leg Extension
I'll rotate them as close as possible to stay covered for days I can't get in the gym. I just hope to find some energy somewhere; maybe it'll pick up when I get back to it.

Thus far I've done day 1&2 and two days later did day 3&4...at these weights there just wasn't a workout doing the dailies. I tweaked just a tiny bit; my estimates were pretty spot on:
Incline DB Press 52x15
Dips BWx15
Flat Flyes 40x15
Decline Bench 135x15

BB Overhead Press 135x15
Face Pulls 15x25
Shrugz 270x15
Close Grip Bench 95x15

Today's Workout:
Front pulldowns 155x15
Pendlays 155x15
Pullups BWx10+5 clustered...dang...
Chinups BW x 12+3 clustered...dubbledang...
DB curls 25x15

Squats 185x15 a bit too easy maybe
Deads 215x15
Leg Extensions 80x15

I guess I've deloaded; these light weights actually gave me a workout, and it's just the first one! I'll have to decide how to run this yet: HST vanilla scheme or O&G's alternating 12 and 9's.

Did the above w.o. with added increments - had to bump a couple up a bit extra. So far with 2 full runs of it (4 w.o. total) I've noticed a few differences.
Variety- it feels like it moves fast - and it does.
Completion - 2-3 exersizes each muscle is enough.
Pump - freeeky pump! Not that it means anything, but it sure feels good.

(wife said no underwear pics)
My first wheel pic- I didn't think they were even that big!
Eating maintenance for the 15's, 198 lbs.

Finished the 15's today; now to go to the alternating 12's and 9's. My finger is still swollen, the shoulder hurts more than ever and energy is nonexistent lately, so I've missed some w.o.'s. I'm trying to get an appointment with the VA to see a urologist and maybe a ..uh...bone doctor... Orthopedic?

Incline DB presses 61x15
Dips 35x15
Decline bench 175x15 these are easy but weird. Used to do over 300 for 8.
Db Flat Flyes 52x15

Overhead presses 115x15
CG bench 155x15 easy
Shrugs 335x15
Face pulls 30x25, 25

Front Pulldowns 205x15
Chins 15x14
Pullups 15x15
Pendlays 195x15
DB curls 37x15

Squats 225x15
Deads 255x15
Leg extensions 125x15
Some of these aren't maxes, but with missed w.o.'s I didn't think it mattered.

good luck w/ the appt quad. I hope they can do something for you. if not, you might consider a referral to a sports doctor (note the technical term). my old man is having some good luck going to the VA's orthopedic doctor here locally.

btw, Barney Rubble called and wants his briefs back!
biggrin.gif

Hm, I missed that picture being posted. You've got some good quad separation, which suggests that your bodyfat isn't really all that high as you might have thought it was. I think you're probably one of the only ones here who has posted a picture of their legs, other than drpierre, tongzilla and maybe a couple others. Lol posted a squat video that showed his legs, so I guess that counts.

Hmm. I guess I'll have to follow suit soon. I feel bad though because I don't think you'll be able to see anything through the fur.

Anyway, it's easy to tell why you have good squat numbers. Solid legs and a thick core make for some good squats.

Quad,

I haven't posted or checked in .....for some time now...but WOW...you cut is coming along GREAT.

You are looking good...I think you will look lean and mean at 190!

Great job...REALLY GREAT JOB!
biggrin.gif

Uhhhh...I've been holding 200 for a bit...but I do need to cut again, now that the 15's have brought my conditioning up some. Thanx guys.
I was wrong about the Urologist; I need to see an Endocrinologist - but I have to trick the VA into sending me to one. If I even mention Testosterone, it's out the door baby, seeya, byebye. So I'll go with the angle of my low libido and see about getting my test as low as possible without sacrificing training.
The 12/9 rep scheme is core of the O&G training. One set per exersize still, but running thru the whole program at 12 then next week at 9's. Assuming I get in the whole shebang in a week or less. I've been doing two sections at a time mostly, but may have to go for the recommended four workouts when things get heavy.

Good job with the cut so far. You are definitely further down the road than me but I have reached 210 now.

<div>
(quadancer @ Jun. 26 2008,3:42)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">If I even mention Testosterone, it's out the door baby, seeya, byebye. So I'll go with the angle of my low libido and see about getting my test as low as possible without sacrificing training.</div>
Lots of soya for you then!

Good to hear you are going to continue your cut. I'd hate to think of you enjoying copious amounts of calories while I'm shrinking my butt off.  
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I missed that pic, too. When your wife said &quot;no underwear&quot; I don't think she meant you were to pose nekkid then photoshop some in...!
rock.gif

Your legs look good! Lotsa separation.
<div>
(quadancer @ Jun. 25 2008,10:42)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">but I have to trick the VA into sending me to one. If I even mention Testosterone, it's out the door baby, seeya, byebye. So I'll go with the angle of my low libido and see about getting my test as low as possible without sacrificing training.</div>
Before you visit the VA, spend some time googling Testoscerone Replacement Therapy. Memorize all the symptoms, then tell the VA doctor that you've got all of them!

The best you're gonna get from the Va is Androgel, but everyl little bit helps.

Actually I was told by the VA doc that they don't DO TRT. But my wife's ex was put on it by the VA; he was addressing libido problems thru a urologist there. What I want to find now is the tricks to make sure my stuff is low enough to get their attention. Last blood test showed me low and they did the usual uneducated thing: told me I was in the &quot;normal&quot; range. Same results qualified me with an aging clinic for treatment: I could't afford those guys.
EDIT:
Incidentally, late last year, I found some androgel from someone who quit using it (some sort of allergy) and tried 5iu/day for a while (2 days raised libido then felt worse) and then 7-1/2iu/day to no effect. I found later that the amount was probably too low; the testes shut down and the amount was lower than my problem level. At least, that's what the pro's on anabolic minds suggested. That complicates my problem with getting someone to give me enough to do some good rather than just let me survive.
Lately my libido came up slightly: management work only, getting over the 15's and raising the weights, puttering in my shop doing hobby work (hydrolysis) and feeling better. In other words, less stress and I got my 16-1/2's back. Downside right now is I've been eating eggwhites and meat for breakfast (protein sparing) and skipping until early afternoon to start eating...but weight is still 202, no loss. Have to cut off more carbs I guess. I'm going nowhere fast ATM.

<div>
(quadancer @ Jun. 25 2008,10:42)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Uhhhh...I've been holding 200 for a bit...but I do need to cut again, now that the 15's have brought  my conditioning up some. Thanx guys.
I was wrong about the Urologist; I need to see an Endocrinologist - but I have to trick the VA into sending me to one. If I even mention Testosterone, it's out the door baby, seeya, byebye. So I'll go with the angle of my low libido and see about getting my test as low as possible without sacrificing training.
The 12/9 rep scheme is core of the O&amp;G training. One set per exersize still, but running thru the whole program at 12 then next week at 9's. Assuming I get in the whole shebang in a week or less. I've been doing two sections at a time mostly, but may have to go for the recommended four workouts when things get heavy.</div>
Quad, it is my understanding that most Endo's don't know jack squat about testosterone replacement therapy. Most of them specialize in diabetes and/or thyroid problems. I would bet that seeing an Endo would most likely be a waste of your time.

Quad, you need to go see Dr. John Crisler.

www.allthingsmale.com

The only problem you would have is getting there for the first consultation visit since he is in Lansing, Michigan.  But after that he does virtual office visits (email &amp; phone).

He is MUCH cheaper than the Anti-Aging doctor that is in my local town (I wasted a bunch of money seeing my local doctor before I realized that he didn't know what he was doing and then went to Dr. Crisler) and I would bet he is a lot cheaper than the clinic you went to before.  And he is without a doubt the best TRT doctor in the country. I just saw him last week and started TRT the day after (I already had a bunch of lab work for him to review).

I would also check out Dr. Crisler's forum.  I have been posting there for a couple of months now.  

http://musclechatroom.com/forum

Good luck getting everything straghtened out.

Thanks Bull; I'll look at his site, anyway. Can't afford to go that far, but maybe he has some contemporaries around the US.
I've been busy with the HHO studies and building units for our car and truck, but I've been working out sporadically nonetheless. One problem with losing consistency and doing the &quot;OldGrey&quot; routine is DOMS. With the somewhat heavier weights I'm getting sore for days, and I do mean SORE. Yesterday's leg routine had me soaked and hot, so I went down to my shop to cool off (we don't use air conditioning) and when I started down the stairs, my quads almost gave out completely and sent me plummeting down the stairs!
Squats 275x12
Deads 315x10,5 (cluster)
Leg extensions 170x12 x12.
Now I look forward to the 9 rep day. Much easier, though heavier.

<div>
(quadancer @ Jul. 24 2008,9:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">my quads almost gave out completely and sent me plummeting down the stairs!

Squats 275x12
Deads 315x10,5 (cluster)
Leg extensions 170x12 x12.</div>
My Number One daughter-in-law is a gymnast. Even if she falls down the stairs, so long as she can &quot;stick&quot; the landing, she makes it look as though she meant to do it.
rock.gif

Your deads and squats are enough to make anybody's legs sore...

<div>
(quadancer @ Jul. 24 2008,9:53)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Thanks Bull; I'll look at his site, anyway. Can't afford to go that far, but maybe he has some contemporaries around the US.
I've been busy with the HHO studies and building units for our car and truck, but I've been working out sporadically nonetheless. One problem with losing consistency and doing the &quot;OldGrey&quot; routine is DOMS. With the somewhat heavier weights I'm getting sore for days, and I do mean SORE. Yesterday's leg routine had me soaked and hot, so I went down to my shop to cool off (we don't use air conditioning) and when I started down the stairs, my quads almost gave out completely and sent me plummeting down the stairs!
Squats 275x12
Deads 315x10,5 (cluster)
Leg extensions 170x12  x12.
Now I look forward to the 9 rep day. Much easier, though heavier.</div>
Please let us know how that HHO setup goes. I've been reading a little bit about them and it has sparked my interest.

Just go to HHO-INFO.com and I'm Gary in there. Also you can see the pics of my stuff by clicking on the avatar. The generators forum will teach you pretty much all you'd need to know about building them. It's not as plug-and-play as people want to think.

I was looking around the web and found this.

http://punchhho.com/

Why not just buy one of these rather than build one. They really aren't that expensive.....unless you are just doing it for the fun of building it. It seems to me the cost of materials and the time involved would cost more than buying one of these.

It takes about $100 to build a good one, depending on the design. There are a lot of ripoffs (like Water4Gas) out there and new hype popping up every day. The punch is believable, but should run a little hot with only ten plates. Any voltage over 2 is wasted as heat, under 1.6 production suffers. That one is relatively inexpensive and they told the truth about needing an EFIE (engine fuel injection enhancer), so I tend to think they aren't all hype. This world is very much like the supplement industry except that most of them actually work. They just differ from car to car.
I'm part of an experimental/development group and we've produced a few new inventions, all free to the public and on a public forum. Building better mousetraps; mostly for guys like us who like to hobby around and do things themselves.
If you see one that claims build for less than $60.00, beware. Or if they claim more than 1.5 Litres/min output. Or if they don't tell you about the electronics you'll need to fool the ECU inputs. (it reads lean and opens your injectors longer, to richen mix)
Carburetted and diesel rigs have it made; just add HHO and go.
EDIT: This just out. A new unit that costs less than I can build one for (at last). And they tell you what it will cost with ALL the equipment, they put ALL the electronics necessary in one unit and you're good to go for only $400. http://www.hydroreactors.com/

Back