A good thread on Arnold

quad,

What are Ph's?

BTW, the guy looks good...damn good. Now I can't say for sure how his insides look though. I'd have to imagine that heavy drug use over the years must have some serious side effects.

PH = prohormones. Technically, they are steroids, but through the magic of using different words to describe the same thing, people manage to justify it as not being the same thing as using regular steroids.

Tot,

Are they a legal version or something...like the pills that are supposed to supress estrogen production?

For the most part, no, they are not legal anymore. However, there are new designer steroids coming out all the time that remain legal for a while before the government catches on. Superdrol is a well known example. I'm not really sure whether Superdrol is still legal or not, but it was pretty popular for a while. People were calling it a "pro-steroid" which really means that it is a bona-fide steroid, but isn't illegal yet. Superdrol was methylated masteron, I believe, which if you know anything about steroids should put up some red flags right there. Masteron is a well known steroid. Superdrol is a methylated version of Masterson, therefore Superdrol is obviously a steroid as well...

imho, genetic structure is the most important role in bodybuilding. All the training and drugs in the world won't make you a schwarzenegger or a jay cutler. otoh, guys with great genetic bone and muscle structure usually look good even without drugs or good training.

Of course this doesn't take away from any of arnold's achievements, he IS THE ultimate example of a bodybuilding champion, with an iron determination and drive. And of course a very successful man in many facets of life.

But he also owes alot of his success to the fact that he was born with incredible structure as Xahrx pointed out.

Most prohormones have been regularly compared to M1T as the standard, since it had good results and some sides almost steroid like. I did a cycle of it and got enormous back (kidney) pains near the end. Gained 9 lbs. in 3 wks. Lost about 7 post cycle. Thought it was pretty harsh for the losses.
My other cycle was Superdrol, or SD, since it was supposedly close to M1t. About 4 wks, 6 lbs. gained, lost 4 post-cycle I think. Hardly any sides to worry about, except cramps when doing anything highly repetitious, like skating, swimming, and I'd imagine running.
When it was made illegal I gave up any idea of playing with semi-steroids. Especially when the gains were lost so easily and quickly. I haven't seen anyone raving about any of the new PH's out there - seems like everything close to a steroid is off the books.
As far as guys guts go, there are many old 'roiders out there still using and still healthy. Most will tell you that moderation is the key, but I notice that none of these guys are contest huge; just pretty large, usually well cut.

I appologize...I have had the links saved on my computer for a while.

I didn't check them before posting...for some reason its not linked to the original movie anymore.

Let me see if I can correct it!

I'm not justifying Arnold's past steroid use or overtraining methods but I will never forget the training article that Muscle and Fitness published. It was a really old interview with Arnold about the cheating method. The photos were black and white. He was doing 5 reps at the most for many body parts and after the 5th rep he'd go down about halfway and go back up again, squeezing out about 3 to 5 more (if I remember correctly) reps.

I will never forget when I tried this, and have never done a training routine without incorporating cheating movements again.

With HST, I don't start the cheating until my last couple weeks of 5s (I dont do 3s).

OT:

Long Run, if you use cheating that way you are just adding a bit more TUT and building a bit more fatigue at the end of a set. You could just do some more normal reps in another set. On the other hand, if you use cheating to help you lift a heavier load concentrically and then focus on making the eccentric movement nice and strict you will be able to continue increasing the load on the muscle tissue in a similar way to if you switched to negatives after 5s. I know that's not how Arnold used cheat reps but he wasn't privy to the info we have now.

That was a very good point Lol. I will take that into consideration since my next cycle is coming up. I could just use it to increase load after 5s.

Joe: the link was great; watched all five and feel like I've seen the movie allready. I found a spot to buy it; think I will.

<div>
(quadancer @ Oct. 14 2007,21:50)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Joe: the link was great; watched all five and feel like I've seen the movie allready. I found a spot to buy it; think I will.</div>
Get the 25 year aniversay editions.

The behind the scene footage is awesome!

If you really want to have some fun click on this link.

If this makes you smile....( it does me!)....then you know you are a TRUE Bodybuilder!!!

Check it out!

http://ironage.us/PumpingIron.mp3
http://ironage.us/PumpingIron.mp3[/b]

<div>
(quadancer @ Oct. 14 2007,21:00)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Most prohormones have been regularly compared to M1T as the standard, since it had good results and some sides almost steroid like.</div>
M1T had a risk of side effects worse than most commonly used steroids, including most orals like dianabol and winstrol. The problem with the new designer steroids (prohormones) coming out is they're usually vida rejects that weren't pursued further for research because they weren't as effective or safe as existing steroids. Commonly used steroids like dianabol have a few decades of research and safety information behind them. A complete fluke aside, the well known black market steroids are guaranteed to be safer and more effective than newer grey market ones.

I'll bet you're right! I can't say what 'roid sides are like, having not done them, but that M1t got so bad in just 3 weeks, I had to lay on the floor between sets, the back cramps got so bad. I also had to quit skating during the cycle. That was totally impossible, my anterior tibialis locking up in about one minute.

<div>
(quadancer @ Oct. 16 2007,20:30)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'll bet you're right! I can't say what 'roid sides are like, having not done them, but that M1t got so bad in just 3 weeks, I had to lay on the floor between sets, the back cramps got so bad. I also had to quit skating during the cycle. That was totally impossible, my anterior tibialis locking up in about one minute.</div>
M1T is a steroid, you have done 'roids, and you picked as your starter one of the few that actually comes close to being as bad as the government says.

<div>
(xahrx @ Oct. 16 2007,09:34)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(quadancer @ Oct. 14 2007,21:00)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Most prohormones have been regularly compared to M1T as the standard, since it had good results and some sides almost steroid like.</div>
M1T had a risk of side effects worse than most commonly used steroids, including most orals like dianabol and winstrol.  The problem with the new designer steroids (prohormones) coming out is they're usually vida rejects that weren't pursued further for research because they weren't as effective or safe as existing steroids.  Commonly used steroids like dianabol have a few decades of research and safety information behind them.  A complete fluke aside, the well known black market steroids are guaranteed to be safer and more effective than newer grey market ones.</div>
Absolutely correct , also there are still plenty of &quot;pro-steroids&quot; out there and more coming out all the time - there are boards that are more concerned with these things than ours , I lurk on them sometimes when bored , but seems like the typical user is more concerned with the drugs than with the art of lifting or designing effective cycles - a junkie is a junkie I geuss.

Just wanted to echo X's statement that these are lesser tested (usually rejected for less &quot; harsh&quot; , better performing compounds) steroids and the web is full of bitch tit , hair loss and hard sex drive shut downs if PC isn't taken into account - as these are steroids in every sense of the word - just TEMPORARLY legal , then banned then on to the next &quot;manipulation&quot; that temporarily skirts the law.
smile.gif

Does anyone think that BB in general causes lower test later in life due to elevated amounts because of increased muscle mass? What are normal levels anyway? Where do the anti-estrogen supplements fall into with regard to these cataories of drugs, if at all?

OTC Anti-estrogens/aromatase inhibitors are not considered prohormones.

3,17-dioxo-etiochol-1,4,6-triene (More commonly, ATD)
6,17-dioxo-etiocholene-3-ol (More commonly, 3-OHAT)
3,6,17-AndrosteneTrione (More commonly, 6-oxo)
17a-methyl-17b-hydroxyl-3-keto-delta 1,4,6-etioallocholtriene
4-hydroxyandrostenedione (More commonly, Formestane or 4-OHAD)

tounge.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">M1T is a steroid, you have done 'roids, and you picked as your starter one of the few that actually comes close to being as bad as the government says. </div>
Which is why I quit at one cycle. I did it because I seemed to have stalled and guys were gaining mass on it. So did I. But the losses made it unworthy, and I've read that simple deca or test had better retention.
OTOH, I probably didn't lift and eat right in the PCT cycle. And I used 6-oxo, which I read later is crappy. You just couldn't buy OTC Novadex then. I don't know about today.

Back