your results with HST...

BTW, Lance you are kicking some butt, great work guy keep it up, I'll look to see you in Iron man one day
thumbs-up.gif
. I wish I was 18 again, I got about 22 years on ya, anyway have you posted your before/after measurements here? I would love to see them.

dkm

I didn't take measurements b/c truthfully i don't know how. Only measurement i know how to take is arms, lol, that's the easy one. Otherwise, i'm not sure where to place the tape or anything. I don't actually have anybody to teach me anything with the bodybuilding stuff, i've just tought myself with books and online, and then i found HST and had to relearn everything, lol.

I just pretty much watch how i look. Weight wise, i don't pay alot of attention but check every once in a while out of curiousity. I do know that when i did a HST bulk, which was also the first bulk i ever did in my life (i was stuck on staying lean), i gained 15lbs and not alot of fat. That was pretty amazing, it was a blast. Now that i know the power of bulking and letting the abs go a bit, i can't wait to HST bulk for the whole fall/winter/spring! =)

after a year of training hst, but never really completing cycles i've finally completed two full hst cycles.
1st cycle was 8 weeks long. body weight remained the same (198 pounds in the morning) and my arms grew 3/8". they were the only measurements i had taken prior to starting the cycle to judge the increase.
2nd cycle was 7 weeks long.
weight +4 pounds
r arm +3/8"
l arm +1/4"
chest +3/4"
waist (at navel) -1/2"
I train my legs but don't really go extremely heavy or measure them. It was pretty surprising to see that my waist measurement had actually decreased this cycle despite gaining 4 pounds. Both cycles I haven't really paid too much attention to my diet and have just eaten roughly at maintenance, but obviously since I wasn't counting my actual calories varied each day. The only supps I used are protein powders, creatine, mutivitamin, and fish oil. I didn't do any cardio either cycle. The first one was 6x per week and second was just 3x per week.

Been on HST for over a year now, both bulk and cut and in 16 months net results are:

FFM: +6.9 Kilo
FAT: -4.9 Kilo

overall only 2 kilo heavier, but fat% dropped from over 16% to 10%

so far I'm happy :) (although there's plenty more room to grow)

(male, 39 year old, 189 cm, 82 kilo today)

Well, I have to say that I just finished my 15s in my first cycle, and I can already feel a change. I won't measure or anything until I have gotten through the entire cycle but I have to say I feel pumped a lot more than I have in the past.

It was a tough mental thing to overcome, starting with that first workout, being so much lower than what I was working at. But week two taught me a lesson ;)

i've some pics doing progression on hst (then u call it so, cause i'm not using the 15-10-5-scheme)
hinten_fett.jpg

hinten.jpg

seite_hinten.jpg

i hope u see i tried to lose some fat, and i'll go on to lose some more next cycle

dang,...well my photos aren't going to compare to sputnik, but after coming back from a nasty medial epicondilytis I was very happy with my results and the overall feeling that I have. I do have to admit that I don't eat enough, probably because of my hypoglycemia I've learned that at times I absolutely hate to eat because I HAVE TO. But I'm not looking to be the biggest guy on the block, just want to look decent and be healthy..
I know...blah blah blah
So for my results:
thighs +1"
Arms +1"
Chest (Bust or whatever you may call it) +2"
Weight +7 lbs
Neck +.5"
Waist-stayed the same but I didn't do much for cardio
Forearms-stayed the same, didn't want to put extra strain on my arm yet for fear of my injury re-occuring
Calves +.5"

Overall I'm very pleased and I want to thank everyone here for their help everytime I had a question.

And thank you Brian for allowing me to have access to your research and your insight.

The first two pics are before I started and the 2nd two pics are the results from one HST cycle. I could not do negs because I do not have a spotter (unless you want to consider my 12 year old son). I did do some drop sets the last two weeks. Also at times my training was broken up because of responding to fire calls.

ok...apparently I have no idea on how to get the pics to come through. Tried it 3 times and now I give. Guess my measurements will have to be good for now.

Thanks again everyone...can't wait to start my next cycle

I'm doing a comeback cycle of sorts...

I forget what number hst cycle this is. Probably 8-ish. I have trouble keeping gains because my metabolism is so fast. I've been as high as 168 lbs, but recently shrunk down to 149 because of stress and bad eating.

As of day 2 of the 5's in my comeback cycle, I'm 159. 10 pounds in 5-6 weeks. Pretty cool, muscle memory works. Visually I've exploded too. I'll post up results when I finish the cycle in 3 weeks... I'd love to gain another 5 pounds to put me at 164.

Hey there,

HST doesn't seem to work for me, I gained 0 pound.
I'm eating about 3000kcal and train every second day. Full body workout with 8-10 exercises.

Any input?

did you lose fat and did you feel sore (DOMS) in your cycle?
if so: add kcal.
elso: use more weight and maybe increase volume

in general check your deconditioning behavior

Hey there,

Thanks for your reply.

No I don't really lost any fat, but I was hungry all the time. Increasing the volume wouldn't be a good idea for me. I've tried a Cluster Style HST workout some months ago, 6x a week full bodyworkout.

That was waaay too much ;), burned out after 2 weeks.

I'll try to eat 4000kcal+- in my next cycle,

Simon

be careful with increasing kcal. without losing fat while keeping bodyweight looks like your training effort was below the condition of your muscular tissue. if so, more kcal will probably increase bodyfat.
therefore my question for getting DOMS in your last cycle.

I never really had DOMS, if, then only very weak in my shoulders (which look better now). But im not the guy who has Doms after every workout, so for that .. I don't know what I did wrong. Oh and, my trainpartner NEVER had any DOMS.

What would you recommend? Increase frequency?

I was doing 3x a week with 2 Sets of 15, 2 Sets of 10, 2 Sets of 5.
For myself I know that I have to squat and DL in every other workout again, no Squat was an error ;). Oh and, I was deconditioning 2 weeks.

Thanks for your help, Simon

Well, after reading alot,

I think I have to work on my nutrition, I didn't have any ratios, I was eating about 3-4g/KG protein, no fish oil, ect.

I'll go for 2500-3000kcal, maybe I'll take the plan from the "eating for size" article.

Anyway, time for SD
blush.gif

Simon

the aim is to damage fibers. that causes DOMS and a large amount of energy for repair. you had nothing of that, no doms and no loss of energy (bodyfat).
from my own experience i guess you have to increase load and maybe switch to exercises that forces the load to the extended position of the movement.
imo nutrition is not your problem, fishoil and the best protein will not damage your fibers. only higher load can do this.
maybe there are other opinions about it

Lets move this conversation into its own thread. That way we can keep this one as a just a place for people to report their results.
thumbs-up.gif

Thanks guys.

Back