Cutting with HST

I did lose weight at first when I was 206 pounds. I lost 6 pounds eating about 2300 cals per day. It's when I get to around 200lb things get sticky for me.
Chris,

Assume you have spoken to the doctor about this and that is why they have agreed to do your bloods?

My calorie intake during a light cut (0.75 - 1 lb per week) would be around 2500 - 2600 per day, I was maintaining weight at circa 178 lbs for 13 weeks with an average daily calorie intake of 2950 but I was training full body 5/6 days per week but not sure if my weekly volume would be any higher than yours without knowing your routine etc (please post your routine) and currently consume an average of 3562 (3500 / 3500 / 3500 / 3750) over the last 4 weeks to add less than one pound per week (3.4 lbs), this week upped it to 4000 per day.

Last edited:
Totz.

There is nothing wrong with my will power. But RFL just seem extreme. And no I'm not eating any more than those calories 100%. There is nothing wrong with my weighing. The digital scales are accurate.

I also don't consume calories from drinks. I only drink water 99% of the time. I have a preference for it. Soft drinks aren't my thing. I have also never liked alcohol. I have drank alcohol perhaps 6 times in my life.

Mick. I went to the docs specifically to get testosterone checked. I did mention last time it was difficult for me to lose weight so I had my thyroid checked as well as other worked done. They missed testosterone though. Trouble is I am within "normal" weight to them. They don't understand about training and the difference between being "lean" etc. If you are normal weight they aren't really bothered

Last edited:
Yes it is the same routine mick. I have dropped dips. They are tough when in a surplus and they are alot harder on the shoulders when in a deficit

What is "normal" to a doctor is based on BMI BS. What is normal to a semi-serious lifter is about 25% higher than what what the doctor's BMI chart say simply because a pound of muscle is much smaller in mass than a pound of fat. I was once rejected for health insurance because I was considered obese per BMI standards. I had my lawyer write them a letter enclosing a photo of me and my weight and waist size and Arnold and his BMI, weight and waist size and asked if they considered him obese also. They immediately enrolled me.

Maybe you just have to train your way through this assuming your T levels give you that capability.

Maybe you just have to train your way through this assuming your T levels give you that capability.
O&G and what if his T levels are low is there a specific way of training to suit that situation assuming they do nothing about it? I only ask as my levels have recently come back as low (9.5 nmol/L which coverts to 275 - 285 ng/dL - the local hospital claim the low end is 6.1 nmol/L and high is 27) and have an appointment with doctor tomorrow but do not hold out much hope and them treating it

I do not believe there is a specific training program to overcome low T. Short, less than 20 minutes, workout sessions twice per day every day is probably better than longer and less frequent work outs. Your T is very low and I would suggest you inform the doctor that you feel like crap, no desire for sex, don't play sports or with the kids much anymore, etc. Do not mention bodybuilding. I would aim for a minimum supplementation to get you to 600-800 ng/dl which is well within the guidelines. Look for a younger Endochronologist rather than an old geezer too set in his ways of yesterday's thinking. You won't get to look like Ronnie Coleman on TRT but it sure is better than target practice with an empty gun.

As for natural remedies to raise T, I do not know of any that really work although I have not been looking either. My best natural suggestion is to avoid excess alcohol as that will definitely lower your T level. (However, admittedly, I ignore that suggestion myself on occasion.)

I do not believe there is a specific training program to overcome low T. Short, less than 20 minutes, workout sessions twice per day every day is probably better than longer and less frequent work outs. Your T is very low and I would suggest you inform the doctor that you feel like crap, no desire for sex, don't play sports or with the kids much anymore, etc. Do not mention bodybuilding. I would aim for a minimum supplementation to get you to 600-800 ng/dl which is well within the guidelines. Look for a younger Endochronologist rather than an old geezer too set in his ways of yesterday's thinking. You won't get to look like Ronnie Coleman on TRT but it sure is better than target practice with an empty gun.

As for natural remedies to raise T, I do not know of any that really work although I have not been looking either. My best natural suggestion is to avoid excess alcohol as that will definitely lower your T level. (However, admittedly, I ignore that suggestion myself on occasion.)

Bob, thanks for that, I have already said a lot of that as they are really true (just ask the kids and missus) apart from training for which I seem to be ok, I insisted they check my T levels because of being a grumpy old bugger etc but that was a young lady doctor (who is no longer at the practice), hopefully they do not ask me to strip off as will not be able hide 10-12% BF and that I train twice a day and currently 7 days a week!!!! I suppose I will know more in the morning.

TRT is pretty common here in the states and seemingly easy to get on.

That is becoming increasingly true as Endocrhonology is just starting to focus on TRT. However, if you do not need it, i.e., you are already near the mid range, few doctors will recommend it. However, there is always the odd duck who will prescribe anything to anybody. This is especially true with painkillers and antibiotics. Some of it is innocent through lack of knowledge and some of it is pure greed.

O&G and what if his T levels are low is there a specific way of training to suit that situation assuming they do nothing about it? I only ask as my levels have recently come back as low (9.5 nmol/L which coverts to 275 - 285 ng/dL - the local hospital claim the low end is 6.1 nmol/L and high is 27) and have an appointment with doctor tomorrow but do not hold out much hope and them treating it

Well that was a waste of my f**king time, my T levels are considered well within normal and they are not prepared to do anything about it!!!!!!!! W**kers are still rattling on about my creatinine levels, more blood tests.

That is too bad. My Doc would consider that too low from a quality of life standpoint, regardless of age. Here (in the USA) they usually consider the absolute bottom as 250 ng/dl and anything over 1100 ng/dl as high and there is talk of even raising the minimum. Your Docs apparently do not give a sh#t about how one feels if it meets absurdly set and outdated low criteria. My Doc keeps me in the middle range. The only time they want to see it low is if you have a constantly increasing PSA level or prostate cancer. There may be natural herbal products to help you improve the level but I think most of them are BS.

Creatinine is a chemical waste product in the blood that passes through the kidneys to be filtered and eliminated in urine. The chemical waste is a by-product of normal muscle contractions. Creatinine is made from creatine, a supplier of energy to the muscle.

Among adults without kidney problems, men have normal levels of 0.6 to 1.2 milligrams/deciliters (mg/dL) of creatinine.

Eating a lot of meat or building muscles through weight training or other exercise may show higher amounts of creatinine and that is probably what you Doc is seeing. My levels run pretty high (1.54) but it is due to my weight training and I eat a lot of meat. As long as your other levels are okay and assuming you do not have a chronic kidney problem, you should have no worries. However, I suspect your Doc will mis-conclude that you have problem kidneys and want to put you on some medicine that will further discourage muscle growth.

Good luck my friend.

Thanks Bob,

My serum creatinine levels had fallen to 1.17 (GFR @ 60ml/min/1.73m, serum sodium @ 140 mEq/l, serum potassium @ 4.7mEq/l and sodium urea @ 9.1mg/dL) so the original doc was happy that it had fallen (they did not advise what the high level was and forgot to ask), I have told them that I took creatine and my diet was high in protein (in excess of 300 g per day @ 180 lbs body weight) and was advised to stop taking creatine and I have done that, but this new doc wants my creatinine levels checked again without taking any supplements for a month first just to make sure that have no renal problems.

Problem with doctors in the UK is that they are governed by budgets from the Government and will not spend on drugs unless they have to unless of course you want a 'sex change' or have a boob or nose job because your current assets make you 'sad' and then they throw money at you.

"Problem with doctors in the UK is that they are governed by budgets from the Government and will not spend on drugs unless they have to unless of course you want a 'sex change' or have a boob or nose job because your current assets make you 'sad' and then they throw money at you."

^^^^. This a hundred times.

Get my results tomorrow due to a mix up.

I may actually be losing a pound or 2 now

It is legal to buy and possess as long as it is for personal use, do not want to go down the AAS use as a bit late in the day for that, just want my T levels at an acceptable level i.e. 600-700 ng/dl not sub 300, unless any UK HSTers know of something that is safe to use.

The only proven method for raising T levels is to take T. Of I were you and it were legal where I lived, along with the fact that my doctor didn't want to fix my problems, I'd get my hands on some test cyp and run 250 mg a week for the rest of my life.

Back