Cutting with HST

The only proven method for raising T levels is to take T. Of I were you and it were legal where I lived, along with the fact that my doctor didn't want to fix my problems, I'd get my hands on some test cyp and run 250 mg a week for the rest of my life.

I tend to agree with this as a general way to stay healthy and avoid the various drawbacks of sinking T levels.

OK. I have some results to post. Not sure what they mean.

Thyroid.
Serum TSH level 3.6 mU/L (0.27 - 4.20)

Testosterone
Serum Testosterone 13.8 nmol/L (9.0 - 29.0)

Last edited:
TSH is that 36 or 3.6 and should the mU/L be mIU/L (milli-International per litre) or is that another measurement they use?

T levels not great but not considered low in the UK (treatment wise) would convert to about 400ng/dl but unless your quack is better than mine they will not treat as mine is at 9.5

Yes that is 3.6 I've edited.

So my test levels aren't great? Is that why I'm struggling to lose weight?

Also does cutting have any effect on Test? Do levels increase at all when on a surplus?

Last edited:
No. They are not that bad. Show us a pic. Perhaps you are being too critical and are at a healthy baseline now.

Don't really want to posting pic's O&G. Very wary of my digital footprint. I'm not really at a good baseline.

I still have the "look" of an endomorph. Wide hips fat on thights hips and lower belly. Always had a lower belly since my teens.

If my test levels are ok for losing weight. What is happening that I'm not losing it? Also are my test levels enough to build a muscular physique when I switch to a surplus?

I have no credible answers for your perceived weight problems Charr. Probably just your genetic makeup. It is correctable to some extent withvarious types of drugs but I would not support that as I am not a physician and do not know your real problem.

Yes, you can build muscle slowly at your T levels but you will unlikely ever reach a contest type level of muscularity. Do the best you can with the cards you are dealt.

If you want to play with AAS, that is your decision and not one I recommend. There are, however, AAS boards with people who purport to know what they are talking about but I wouldn't trust them with my body.

Last edited:
1. Your's are slightly lower than the median at about 30 years old. However, you have set a record high on the OCD scale.

2. 7,981.669 ng/dl

In general, excess caloric diets increase T levels. Diets high in fats increase T levels. Diets with an excess of protein and a deficiency in carbs and fats will lower T levels. Diets that will lower estrogen levels (broccoli, cauliflower, etc.) will increase T levels slightly.

Mike Katz once told me he used to eat a dozen whole eggs for breakfast and 6 pounds of fatty red meat daily when he was a young natural. His waist was 31" and his chest close to 48"... pre AAS.

And stop eating troll food.

Thanks. So my testosterone test could have been impacted a bit from the cutting?

Also whats troll food?

I have done a few weeks at 1700 cals but it hasn't made much of a difference. I tried 1 day at 1000 cals but had a tough time training the next day. My heart was fluttering a bit so don't want to try that again.

Not sure what to do at this point. I'm giving up on the diet until new year. I'm roughly 10lb heavier than I was when I started after my 3 cycles of hst. The jeans I was using before I started still don't fit so it's clear I haven't put on any muscle in those 3 cycles or I would be leaner now at this weight.

Not sure what to do for the best now. I'm still a similar size as I was 8 years ago when I used to do "pump training". I'm alot stronger now but no bigger.

I had the heart flutters one of my days on RFL, it was because I wasn't taking the my supplements for potassium, calcium, magnesium etc. Once I started taking those again I didn't have any issues.

Last night we were watching Survivor (if you aren't familiar its reality TV where you have to stay on an island with minimal food and compete in challenges to remain in the competition for $1m) and once some of the contestants were kicked off they re-weigh themselves. At around 30 days most of them were in excess of 20lbs lighter. I think 19lbs was one of the lowest I saw and the guy was already pretty skinny. Point being, in absence of calories, you will lose weight.

Now there is nothing wrong with taking a break from dieting but anyone can lose weight, you just need to keep working at it.

Calories in minus calories out = gain or loss in weight whether you are Arnold on a desert island or Mother Goose.

I have done a few weeks at 1700 cals but it hasn't made much of a difference. I tried 1 day at 1000 cals but had a tough time training the next day. My heart was fluttering a bit so don't want to try that again.

Not sure what to do at this point. I'm giving up on the diet until new year. I'm roughly 10lb heavier than I was when I started after my 3 cycles of hst. The jeans I was using before I started still don't fit so it's clear I haven't put on any muscle in those 3 cycles or I would be leaner now at this weight.

Not sure what to do for the best now. I'm still a similar size as I was 8 years ago when I used to do "pump training". I'm alot stronger now but no bigger.

If you really think you're eating 1700 calories and not losing weight (which, as everyone has said here, is questionable), why don't you just increase cardio? 20-30 minutes on the elliptical at a good resistance level could mean an extra 400-500 calories burned. That's the only cardio I did during my cut , 3 times a week, and the pounds melted off at 2200-2500 a day. And I started out weighing like 20lb less than you.

I'm a bit disillusioned with training at the minute to be honest. Years go by without me making progress.

How should I train to gain muscle? What else can I do to lose fat?

With HST you are supposed to make significant gains in a few weeks.

Tangodown.

I was doing 20 - 30 minutes cardio twice a week while doing HST 3 times per week at 1700 cals per day but it wasn't having an effect.

What kind of cardio?

I highly doubt years have gone by without making progress. Your numbers shouldn't lie. If you're benching, deadlifting, and squatting significantly more than you did in the past, you've gained mass. There's no way around it. "Significant gains" in a few weeks is pretty much impossible. 1lb of mass in a month, which is generally upper range for most people outside of beginners, isn't going to noticeably alter your appearance.

So what are your numbers now and what were they even 6 months ago?

I'm pretty sure I'm no bigger then when I was doing "pump training" years ago. Back then I was benching 100lbs for 8 reps. Working out from home typical 4 sets to failure 1 body part per week etc.

Since I started strength training i'm now benching 220lbs for 10 reps. At least I was before I started cutting.

My strength levels haven't really progressed since 2012 though as I have spent most of my time cutting as it takes so long. During my 3 cycles of HST in April I basically got back to my 2012 strength.

I was doing HIIT but on a treadmil with incline.

And it was brian himself who said that HST gives significant gains in a few weeks

Assuming your 8 rep max is like 230, that's an increase of 100lb. You can't be small benching close to 300lb x 1. That's impossible. You sure you don't have body dimorphism?

Are you squatting/deadlifting? #s?

Back