Johnston Rep Method

[b said:
Quote[/b] (xtreme @ Jan. 11 2006,8:22)]Come now, you can't be serious!
crazy.gif

I don't have to prove I am doing something that works to anyone. I'm not on trial! I was simply doing it as a jesture so some of you could do likewise. Obviously that has fallen on deaf ears and been misconstrude so I think it is high time I drop this subject as to continue would obviously be a monumental waste of time for all involved. :confused:
If you are going to make outlandish claims that fly in the face of known facts (muscle changing shape, working only one portion of the muscle, etc etc) then you need to be able to prove your claims.

You don't seem to be understanding. You are trying to share your experience with all of us. It doesn't make sense, because it goes against common knowledge... sure, YOU can see these results, but we can't. If you want to share this with us so badly, I don't understand why you wouldn't want to show us your actual results.

Hmm. Maybe because you never actually had any results. Considering that you've done every training program and had poor results (obviously since you don't seem to realize you need to gain weight to get results) then you probably wouldn't have had results with J-reps either, unless it was (temporary) water retention or something like that.

So... why can't you see why we would all be skeptical? If you've tried to many training programs, with so few results, surely you could understand why we all need to see some concrete evidence of results.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (xtreme @ Jan. 13 2006,12:29)]"Outlandish claims"... why is that when I can see what I have achieved? It's not unlike you dieting down and seeing ripples on your abs you never saw before.
So now your comparing removing adipose covering a muscle to actually changing the structural shape of the muscle?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]That is why I posted, as an attempt to share with you what I found in a short time span but few of you have taken it for what it was

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what was "shared"...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]As I have stipulated, it doesn't matter one iota whether one or none of you use JReps, I only know what it has done for me. I am interested in progress, the faster and more significant the better!

The thing is we probably would.
laugh.gif

But changing of muscle shape or making one part of it grow better than the other when the muscle is basically one unit just does not make scientific sense and this my friend happens to be one of the sites where science is taken quite serious.

On the other hand what we're all interested in is faster, more significant progress, that is why e-books like the "pimp my hst" where written from extremelly long threads and experimentation, and at the end of the day based on ultimately science and research posted at various web sites and institutions.

You will have to convince us that what you are doing really works better than what we do now, then of course you'll have oppened the floor and we will all participate, in fact you will end up learning more about it.

For instance ACIT was posted and is not for sale, it has some principles written out and some of us are already on the ball so to say, trying it out and posting our findings, this is a 21st century type of web site one in a million if you ask me and...it is for free...you could not get a better bonus in life, I'd say.

Insulting or feeling insulted is rather diminishing both for the culprits and for the victim and leads absolutely nowhere
wow.gif

xtreme

I am willing to try J's out in my normal routine program, I don't mind lowering poundages somewhat for an intensity variation.

But what I have picked up so far does not lead to much either than the fact that you avoid the sticking point, so we are looking at half up/half down type of reps?

I have done this before with the australian abs program, and yep it rocks I can assure you!

Hell, lets get this off - I need a little more insight, can you then came to the party?

PM me if you want or use the [email protected] e-mail, I won't let you down, but I'll try it and then comment on waht happened.

I love being a lab-rat
laugh.gif
really :D

this is the "outline" you provided us...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]3-way split 3 days per week; M/W/F. Single set to failure

You're not willing to discuss this intelligently, therefore I have no hope of learning anything of value from you.

I'm done wasting my time on this...good luck and continued success in whatever you do.

xtreme, stating your statistics doesn't mean a thing if you can't back it up. So you're 229 at 5'9? Then obviously you are either carrying some fat around, or you've used steroids, because only the genetic elite can get to that size at that height... and you've already said you are an "average joe" so... kinda questionable there.

Besides, stating stats doesn't mean a thing. I can tell you that I'm 250 lbs, and you won't know whether I'm telling the truth or not, unless I posted a picture or something. Oh crap, I forgot, you "aren't into posting pictures" i.e. you are either scared, embarrassed to post them or have no real physique to show off.

Oh, and btw, I've been training for a few years now, but only learned how to eat and train well since last January, and I'm currently 220 lbs at 6'1. Last January, I was hovering around 175-180 lbs. I'd say HST has probably done a good job for me. Weight doesn't mean much though unless you know body composition, so just so you know, I'm at around 13-14% bodyfat right now. Yep, I'm bulking, so I've gained some fat. I'll be honest about that.
I've posted pictures before as well. In fact, my avatar is one of them. So... at least I have some proof of my results.

Anyway, I would be willing to try out J-reps, if only I knew what they were. Doesn't seem to be much incentive to pay for them right now when HST is still working well for me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (xtreme @ Jan. 13 2006,5:47)]What I won't discuss in DETAIL is JReps as (a) I paid for the report on the agreement I didn't discuss it,

Exactly as I thought.  You actually had to agree to not talk with anyone about a book that you paid for?  Absolutely amazing!  I won't buy a book that carries such a requirement. :mad:

I can see a couple of things happening if anyone gives Jreps a fair trial

1) it works - then you are held high as proof that jreps is better than everything, magical. Even if Jreps is not responsible for the results (cant control for everything
dozingoff.gif
)

2) it doesnt work - then BdJ appears (like magic), claims you did everything wrong and you should have paid the $$ cos thats the only way that you will get results (even if the no results was becuase of something completely different from the jreps approach)

neener neener neener

Anamosity to Jreps?

Anamosity to BDJ for being a blubbering lawsuit happy gimp, yes

Anamosity to the usual spamming garbage of most of his followers, eh, they are just spammers, they dont rate high enough on the scale of human to even care about

Anamosity to people who come on claim magic then generally refuse to say what they are actually doing (while saying the 'cats outta the bag', cats outta what bag, BDJ says we dont know what jreps is from this info, so how is the cat outta the bag? )?? dunno. I know Im not.

Critical of everything, hell yes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (xtreme @ Jan. 13 2006,7:51)]Funny you should mention ACIT as my best friend was one of those that invented it! I can't really talk about them with any conviction as I haven't tried them. Still, I am pleased that like HST the information is there for all for free. Enjoy!
I'm not one for pictures, never have been, so I won't even go there. If that deminishes my gains in your eyes in any way then I apologise but it doesn't downplay the effectiveness of JReps in any way, so it isn't a very apt argument.
"So now your comparing removing adipose covering a muscle to actually changing the structural shape of the muscle?"
No, you took this out of context. What I was saying is if you saw something - muscle wise - you never had or saw before then you would be singing its praises also! Would you not?
"Grimek and Ross"
Puleeze, genetic superiors gain regardless of what they do, so it's hardly an "apples with apples" rational. The fact I am an average Joe, been training for close to three decades yet saw changes within weeks on JReps has far more validity to their worth than picking our genetic freaks and what ever they chose to use. That is like comparing a VW with a ferrari... sure they are both cars but that is about where the similarity ends.
"Hmm. Maybe because you never actually had any results."
Now you are entering the ridiculous. So I come here posting about results I DON'T HAVE, for what??? Just because you aren't gaining or haven't seen anything for your efforts in the gym recently doesn't mean others aren't gaining. I was a gym instructor for a number of years and trained numerous people over time, so I know what lousy routines people follow and how they defeat themselves through their dismal efforts. Most haven't a clue how to perform even the most basic of exercises, then drop out as "weight training doesn't work".
I know a thing or two about helping others gain. One guy was stuck at 68kgs for 3 months yet I got him to 70kgs in 2 weeks. Another, a trainee doctor, gained 5kgs in 4 weeks. Those dramatic gains cost me my job, as I was a threat to the other "gym instructors" and for "putting muscle on people" in a "fitness centre". Funny how six members left with me the night I was requested to leave.  
Btw Totentanz what are you weighing nowadays and how long have you dedicated to hardcore training? If you know a better way than JReps then I am all ears???
mathey... what I shared was what I gained via a superior method. If that was lost on any of you then so be it. Now consider how most articles, etc. are formulated. The author theorises on a method, system or program and leaves the rest to try it out. I HAVE tried JReps out - and continue to do so - so why that leaves you incredulous is beyond me.
"If you've tried to many training programs, with so few results, surely you could understand why we all need to see some concrete evidence of results."
Who said that? I said I had dismal results with a few programs but as I have used Heavy Duty predominantly and am presenting 5'8" at 229#... I would hardly say I failed in any way. I am just making and seeing faster progress - visually - with JReps. Does that make me a "bad guy":confused:
How about you try them? There is enough information presently floating around to give you an idea how to impliment them. Then, after a month or two, if you haven't seen any changes then, and ONLY THEN, will you be in the position to either praise or bag JReps! How about that for a deal???
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]genetic superiors
? ? ? ?

Genetics is the LAMEST excuse for lack of progress and success in building a muscular body. They were human beings, you're a human being. Get over your excuse of genetics.

Do you see grotesquely obese or skeletal lions or dolphins or grizzly bears or eagles..?

No, provided they all have access to sufficient food, you don't see gianormous bears that are double the body weight of their peers thanks to genetics.

Just like your reason for an average body is your training and diet since childhood, not your genetics. Get over it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]but it doesn't downplay the effectiveness of JReps in any way, so it isn't a very apt argument.

There is no evidence that "JReps" are effective. Aren't you understanding this...? No one has provided EVIDENCE...claims rife with deficiency, yes... there's a few of those floating around in this discussion.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]What I was saying is if you saw something - muscle wise - you never had or saw before then you would be singing its praises also! Would you not?

Wow, you lost fat... there's half a planet doing this, congratulations on your new club membership.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]So I come here posting about results I DON'T HAVE, for what??? Just because you aren't gaining or haven't seen anything for your efforts in the gym recently doesn't mean others aren't gaining.

Have you seen Tot's pictures? The guy is ripped @ a 200+ (or there abouts, not sure on the exact-down-to-the-pound) weight.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I was a gym instructor for a number of years and trained numerous people over time, so I know what lousy routines people follow and how they defeat themselves through their dismal efforts. Most haven't a clue how to perform even the most basic of exercises, then drop out as "weight training doesn't work".
I know a thing or two about helping others gain. One guy was stuck at 68kgs for 3 months yet I got him to 70kgs in 2 weeks. Another, a trainee doctor, gained 5kgs in 4 weeks. Those dramatic gains cost me my job, as I was a threat to the other "gym instructors" and for "putting muscle on people" in a "fitness centre". Funny how six members left with me the night I was requested to leave.

Again I say wow... people started going to the gym and put on weight. He went from 68 to 70kgs you say...?? Well the only way this can happen is with a caloric surplus...so he gained weight by eating more food... stop the press folks...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]How about you try them?

Well you see, no one is willing to spend $$$ without evidence of method and/or results...there's that word again, evidence.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (xtreme @ Jan. 14 2006,4:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (navigator @ Jan. 13 2006,9:36)]Exactly as I thought.  You actually had to agree to not talk with anyone about a book that you paid for?  Absolutely amazing!  I won't buy a book that carries such a requirement. :mad:
No, contrar, I can see why, just look at the anamosity thrown at JReps so far and anyone and everyone who uses them! It has gone from a hatred of either Brian or the IART to those who use a method, despite others not having tried it. Do you see how rediculous that is? If they don't work, for the sake of argument, then what have I or anyone gained from posting our experiences/results with them? BUT, if they do work then maybe, just MAYBE you too could reap something. Hmmm.  :confused:
No one hates JReps or BDJ or IART or the next abbreviation you wanna throw our way...

...people just don't place any faith in;

"JReps worked so well for me, except I can't tell you what it is and if you buy the book you aren't meant to tell aanyone either"..

If I tried to sell you a supplement called "Get-Big", didn't tell you what was in it, and said that you were allowed to leak out info on the ingredients to anyone else...would you pay for it..?

If so, I want your contact and credit card details.

i have been doing 1 month of jreps and everyone is commenting that am more bigger and what am doing .they are asking my secret .and my diet did not change and am not on drugs.i just like to try jreps to see .perhaps bdj does not know why his method works but it definitely worth trying

Back