5*80 kg
5*92½ kg

Power Cleans
5*35 kg
5*40 kg
5*45 kg
5*50 kg
5*60 kg

Today was better, much better than last week. i have pain (not soreness) here and there in different muscles and joints but i had more energy and strength in me. My wrists also felt better than they usually do. Didn't have any wrist wraps until last set in bench press.
This seems to go well, hope it will continue getting better!

Squat
5*70 kg
5*77½ kg
5*90 kg
5*90 kg

Military Press
5*35 kg
5*40 kg
5*45 kg
5*60 kg PB!
Sometimes i dont think, and do not notice I have mistyped in my log. I was not supposed to do 60 kg, it was 50 kg! Anyway, I am prettey sure this is a Personal Best!
Since I did near max effort today I will adjust the weights up anyway for this exercise. If I fail anytime soon I will just drop back a few steps.

Deadlift
5*97½ kg
5*112½ kg
5*127½ kg
5*145 kg

Since i haven´t done my sled training for a while i decided to do some cardio while drinking PWO shake.

15 minutes threadmill, uphill walking

<div>
(nkl @ Jun. 08 2008,5:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Sniggel @ Jun. 04 2008,11:27)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Kul med fler svenskar här
smile.gif

Translation: Nice to have more Swedish folks here!</div>
Visst är det!
smile.gif

Ha så kul med MadCow's 5x5!

And the translation for you with limited experience in Swedish:
Sure is!
smile.gif

Have fun with MadCow's 5x5!
</div>
Lol, we could start a Swedish language course in Sniggel's log!

Anyway, congrats on your PR Sniggel! I too have commenced Madcow's 5x5 and since I am at near beginner stage I will be following this log closely. Just a question I had regarding your squatting... will you increase the weight drastically soon to be able to reach above your current PB at 150 kg in the next few weeks, or progress linearly with increments of 2.5 kg each week up to PB (which would delay new PB 12 weeks or so)?

<div>
(Philip @ Jun. 12 2008,3:41)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(nkl @ Jun. 08 2008,5:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Sniggel @ Jun. 04 2008,11:27)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Kul med fler svenskar här
smile.gif

Translation: Nice to have more Swedish folks here!</div>
Visst är det!
smile.gif

Ha så kul med MadCow's 5x5!

And the translation for you with limited experience in Swedish:
Sure is!
smile.gif

Have fun with MadCow's 5x5!
</div>
Lol, we could start a Swedish language course in Sniggel's log!

Anyway, congrats on your PR Sniggel! I too have commenced Madcow's 5x5 and since I am at near beginner stage I will be following this log closely. Just a question I had regarding your squatting... will you increase the weight drastically soon to be able to reach above your current PB at 150 kg in the next few weeks, or progress linearly with increments of 2.5 kg each week up to PB (which would delay new PB 12 weeks or so)?</div>
Hej Philip
smile.gif

No i will not drastically increase the weight to get near my Last PB. Last time I tried drastic imrpovements I failed doing 6*130 kg and did 3*130 kg (failed on 4th, knelt down on floor with my knee supporting my weight+130, dont worry, it went well, threw the bar behind me, no injury, almost no pain either) when i wasnt ready for it. I Should have stayed at 6*125 kg which was what I managed to do the week before that. After this failure i got weak and had to drastically reduce weight to be able to do 6 reps again. And since then (a couple of months ago) I have been trying to get back to 6*125. This time i will take it slow and not listen to a newbie friends advice (who has made extreme gains doing one working set, hitting a new PR every week for about a year, all the while losing fat, lol).
So to answer your question, 2½% increase every week, and when I hit failure, I step back 5-7½% in weight.
Improving my squat is very important to me because i havent really done that in more than a year. Dont want to mess it up again this cycle by rushing up.
Anyway, 150 is my 1RM, my 6RM is 125 so by going to 5*127½ will most definately mean I can max more than 150. And that is about 4 more weeks. If I continue improve after 127½ that means my legs will start growing serious again.

I see... I missed the point that 150 was your 1RM, which may differ far as to the amount of kg on the bar, compared to one's 1RM. When do plan on challenging your current 1RM (I know there is really not much room for that in this 5x5 version)?

Anyways, keep it up!

No 1RMs until at least working set has improved (more than 5x125 squat, more than 5x160 DL, more than 5x110 bench). Also I wont do any 1RMs before finishing this 5x5 variant.
When I do decide to try 1RMs I will probably cut down volume and frequency drastically and train more 2-3 sets of 3 for a week or two, or something similar. Also have 1 week off before testing, that will make sure I beat the hell out of the old PBs
tounge.gif

Thanks Philip, I willl, heading off to gym for fridays workout!

Yikes. Tough day today.

Squat
5*70 kg
5*77½ kg
5*90 kg
5*102½ kg
3*120 kg
8*90 kg
Great work Sniggel, keep it up (yes I comment myself sometimes)

Bench
5*55 kg
5*62½ kg
5*70 kg
5*80 kg
3*95 kg
8*70 kg

Power Clean
5*35 kg
5*40 kg
5*45 kg
5*50 kg
5*60 kg

Weighted Crunches
10*15 kg
10*20 kg
10*25 kg
5*30 kg

Try to rest as much as possible in the weekend even though I work. Think calm thoughts and relax.

<div>
(Sniggel @ Jun. 13 2008,2:21)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Great work Sniggel, keep it up (yes I comment myself sometimes)</div>
Hey, if you're going to be your own toughest critic, it pays to be your own best cheering section, too.
wink.gif

<div>
(TunnelRat @ Jun. 14 2008,12:25)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Sniggel @ Jun. 13 2008,2:21)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Great work Sniggel, keep it up (yes I comment myself sometimes)</div>
Hey, if you're going to be your own toughest critic, it pays to be your own best cheering section, too.
wink.gif
</div>
Hehe. I usually coach myself before some of my sets. Saying things quietly but aggressively like &quot;come on now, it´s easy, you have done this before without effort! Lets do it!&quot;. Sometimes I slap myself too to get some adrenaline.
tounge.gif

This weekends work I have been severely beat up. It has been pain working and I even had to call in sick today because, among other things, my feet hurt so badly that I dont know if I could do much walking today, and my job is much more more physically demanding than just walking. Said I had a cold, which was not far from the truth either because I have that as well.
If I continue to feel this beat up even next week, the training program might be too much for me.

Truckförare (in english?)
Driving it around and loading it with fruits and veggies, ranging from 1.4 to 2.8 meters high. Add the fact that 2 of 3 times I need to both use public transport and walk 35 minutes (fast pace so I wont be late) to get to work. It takes me 1 hour to get to work and 1 hour to get home so thats 12 hours (9h work, 1h break, 2h transport) from my spare time. We are also checked to see that we have good statistics (articles/hour) which of course adds to the stress factor. The floor is concrete and the shoes we wear do not have good dynamic protection.
I have had around 10+ jobs in my life so far, most of them physical but none of them has been as physically demanding as this one, but still, its the best job I have had so far because of good colleagues and good pay.
I dont think I will work for too long there anyway, just trying to save some money for future plans.

A great workout today. Mondays are usually good I have noticed. But this was much better than usual, and this despite that intensity increases with 2% each week. Still have fatigue but it seems to be dissappearing slowly. Maybe next week I will feel fully recovered if I´m lucky, at least on monday.

Week 4

Squat
5*70 kg
5*80 kg
5*92½ kg
5*105 kg
5*120 kg
These weights and how heavy I percieved them makes me happy inside. It feels like it will be no problem increasing the weight for quite a few weeks forward, which will mean new personal records!

Bench
5*55 kg
5*65 kg
5*72½ kg
5*82½ kg
5*95 kg
This was silly-easy. i am tempted to increase more than 2½ each week but I dont think I should.

Power Cleans
5*35 kg
5*40 kg
5*45 kg
5*52½ kg
5*60 kg

Weighted Crunches
10*15 kg
10*20 kg
10*25 kg
7*30 kg

Morning Weight: 81 kg
Not moving up as fast as I first thought, or I have lost a little. Well thats good news, just mean I can eat more to help me beat old records without worrying about becoming a fat tub of lard.

Squat
5*70 kg
5*80 kg
5*92½ kg
5*92½ kg

Military Press
5*40 kg
5*45 kg
5*52½ kg
5*60 kg
Worked fine this session too, even if it was very near max effort on last set, no momentum-help from legs either. If I can put 2½ more kg on the bar until next session it will be a PR again.

Deadlift
5*100 kg
5*115 kg
5*130 kg
5*150 kg
Felt heavy. Should be doable to increase some more.

Nice pics! Good, natural proportions with plenty of beef in my opinion, reminds me of what us Swedes would call a &quot;kraftpaket&quot; ('power package'). You shouldn't look that big from the side unless you got an &quot;ölmage&quot; (beer belly)
biggrin.gif

I dont get a beer belly. Maybe at 100 kgs it will start to show. I have female fat distribution! My fat ends up mostly at thighs and *** :p
And the rest spreads evenly over whole body, yay!

<div>
(Sniggel @ Jun. 16 2008,4:12)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">The floor is concrete and the shoes we wear do not have good dynamic protection.</div>
The concrete floor is what does it. It will make your feet hurt clear up past your elbows!

Your pics look good. At least your hair is growing back...
wink.gif

Didn't train last workout because gym was closed and I had to bike to work and home which totals 2½h moderate-intense cardio so legs wouldnt have been able to squat anyway.

Week 5 (Most lifts from now on should be very challenging and next week I will do a PR on squat if I succeed)

Squat
5*72½ kg
5*82½ kg
5*95 kg
5*107½ kg
5*122½ kg
Tough but felt easier than this weight normally do.

Bench
5*57½ kg
5*65 kg
5*75 kg
5*85 kg
5*97½ kg
Felt like it was near max effort on last set, but good to go for 100 or 102½ kg.

Power Cleans
5*35 kg
5*40 kg
5*47½ kg
5*55 kg
5*62½ kg

Back