Mad Sniggel 5x5

Very impressive squatting sniggel. Congrats on your personal bests.
cool.gif

Thanks. If I get this 5RM up to 140 I think I´m going to start to cry out of happiness. And then, I will probably feel invincible and think I can get it up to 5*150 before the year has ended
biggrin.gif

Bench
3*100 kg
3*110 kg
1*120 kg
Not moving forward here, guessing I need more volume, will try doing 5s instead

Dumbbell Row
5*24 kg
3*42 kg
5*50 kg (Filmed, uploading it later, probably tomorrow)
5*55 kg

Dumbbell Bench
8*30 kg
4*40 kg

Assisted Chins
5*-25 kg

Cardio for 8 minutes

Was not very energetic the last end of the workout

I havent been able to pog on to forums for some strange reason. But now I can again So here is an update of all posts I have done on other forums I visit:

Back from break

Deadlift
5*150 kg
5*150 kg

Hacklift
12*90 kg
12*110 kg
10*130 kg PB!

Sitting Leg Curl
20*30 kg
15*40 kg
15*50 kg

Absies
12*15 kg
12*20 kg
12*25 kg
10*30 kg
10*30 kg

Light Cardio
8 minutes threadmill

Cardio

45 minutes crosstrainer (levels 1-20)
My max heart rate is about 200 bpm

Mainly level 7-8, sometimes 9, a few minutes on 10 and a short while on 14.
HR on 143 during most first half. Up to 180 at level 10 with high speed for a few minutes.

Calves in Leg press
20*160 kg
15*200 kg
10*240 kg
6*280 kg
4*320 kg
10*160 kg (DC-style)

!!!Update 12th of August!!!!
---------------------------------
I have been figuring out that my economy should be stable enough to start doing something I have been wanting to do for quite a while now. And that is to train DC along with the guidelines of eating that way. I have been hesitant before to do this but now it feels doable moneywise. Actually it might not cost as much as I first thought since I have found cheap foods that do the trick without being unhealthy or being lower quality protein.

This is me:

Trained since I was 17, more dedicated for about 4 years I believe.
Height: 5'9
Started at: 130 pounds
Currently at: 180 pounds (same height)
Aiming at: Getting bigger, moving more poundages, probably try to get to 200 pounds this way but we will see.

Stats (without any equipment, not even belt):
Squat 330 pounds
Bench 275 pounds
DL 440 pounds

Nutrition plan

Protein - 350g per day (1.94g/pound bodyweight) - This will not change, but the rest of the plan might.

Rough breakdown of main protein sources at the current stage:
Red meat - 600g / day
Chicken or fish - 200-250g / day
Quark (lowcarb-"zero-fat"-semi-liquid-"cheese", 12g pro/100g) - 250g / day (this does not taste like actual cheese)
Whole eggs - about 5 or 6 of them
Whey - About 120g / day, some of it PWO

Carbs:
Using rice, potatoes, oats (together with quark), bananas, berries and sometimes pasta and that kind of stuff. Trying to eat most of carbs at breakfast and PWO. Trying to lower carbs on other occasions and especially in last meal (exception if I train late).

Nice Fats:
Coming from fish oil, eggs and i also use rapeseed or olive oil when cooking some of my food. Will add more rapeseed or olive oil in diet if I feel the need for more calories or just more fats.

Veggies and fruit:
Using spinach, squash, carrots and sallat to some of my meals. Using 1 banana and berries to my Quark, making a "Quark-drink".

Calories:
Not counted as much but I have checked a sample day and it seems like it is somewhere around 4000.

Liquids:
Lots of water, basically no milk because of lactose-sensitivity, green tea will be used regularly. No calorie-based liquids will be drunk except for special occasions (I might have a beer or two once a month or so, usually less often).

Supplements:
Whey (obviously), Creatine, ALA, EAA and/or BCAA pre- or during workout and/or cardio, fish oil.

Cardio:
On workout days I will try to do a short easy morning cardio (on empty stomach) of 10-30 minutes. PWO I will also do 8-20 minutes light cardio after drinking PWO-shake.
On off days I will do longer duration cardio with light to above moderate cardio for 30-45 minutes. Sometimes I will do sled-dragging as cardio which would be considered at least moderate intensity for 10-15 minutes.

Feel free to add suggestions if you like.

Today I was not totally recovered from previous training. I guess mostly from not eating enough. Well "my eating" started today so will give the body every opportunity to recover between workouts in the future. Despite all this, most of the exercises went great.

1A

Flat Dumbbell Press 38 kg
10+2+2 = 14
60s stretch @ 17 kg dumbbells
Seemed like the first 10 to failure took a good toll on me. I did not expect to do this many at all actually so I am not disappointed despite doing only 2 reps after first restpause.

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press 37½ kg / side
10+2+2 = 14
5s static
95s stretch
Same pattern as FD Press.
Statics are very hard to do without a training partner but managed after a short pause get the weight up halfway and resist it for 5 seconds
tounge.gif

I forgot to take a good timer with me so I used my mp3-player to afterwards check if I counted correctly, but I calculated slow.

Lying Tricep Extension 32 kg
9+3+3 = 15
60s stretch
Weird that I get so few after first restpause but thats the way it was.

Assisted Chins -25 kg
9+3+3 = 15
10 minireps
55s stretch
I suck at chins...

Dumbbell Row 44 kg / 55 kg (Treating this as a back thickness movement because of how I do them, rotating my whole spine, also quite different from typical back thickness movements so a good variation)
After this I was spent. i climbed up on the threadmill 2 minutes later and checked my pulse, it was 158 (my max is 200) and still descending

PWO Cardio + PWO shake
10 minutes of moderate cardio, 60g protein shake.

2 meals let for the day. I ate the first 3 too fast, making the third one take a lot of time to get down. On the other side I think I will manage on only 2 meals for the rest of the day because of the delayed satiety. Not saying I´m not hungry, just not crazy-hungry as I usually am after workout
smile.gif

Today I will end up at around 360g protein.

The best part of todays workout though, must be, that I did not feel the slightest need for using my bricanyl for my asthma during the whole workout. The regular cardio and the new medication the last 2 weeks = win!11

1B

Standing Dumbbell Curl 16 kg
12+4+3 = 19
10s static

Hammer Pinwheel Curl 11 kg
60s bicep stretch
Right one was more painful than left

Calves in Legpress 200 kg
Used timer this time so I could not cheat, argh painful.

Sitting Leg Curl 70 kg
10+5+3
60s stretch

Squat 105 kg / 120 kg
12 / 8
75s stretch

Both calves and legs were still sore from previous leg workout, but it went quite well anyway, did my best. I didnt have any records to beat today anyway.

10 min cardio uphill walking + PWO shake

2A

Hand-grip Pec Dec 14 plates
10+5+3 = 18
15s static
60s stretch with 17 kg dumbbells
This exercise does not feel safe, I will try it one more time but if it does not feel right/dangerous I will switch to something else.

Standing Military Press 50 kg
8+2+2 = 12
60s stretch
Felt a bit tired from Pec Dec, maybe I should rest more before going into it.

Standing Tricep Extension 13... no 15 kg (one arm)
8+3+2 = 13
10s static
90s stretch with 15 kg dumbbell.
13 kg was planned but felt way too easy. Can easily increase the stretch weight here since it wasnt very painful with 15 kg only.

Smith Chins 12 kg
8+5+3 = 16
10 minireps (partials) at bodyweight, lol why do I suck like this?
60s stretch

Deadlift 130 / 150 kg

10 minutes uphill threadmill + PWO Shake

Yesterday

Morning Cardio 30 minutes

Today after working for 9 hours, traveling for 2 hours and working some more for 1½ hour, I trained (all other hours I was eating something :p).
I forgot to write up the exercises, but fortunately, remembered them in my head. An d since its my first blast, the weights are not established and i have no log book to beat yet, just need to find something very hard as long as it is not impossible.

(sitting) Lean back dumbbell curls 14 kg
12+5+4 = 21
10s static
Was planning on doing lower weight, maybe 12, but felt too easy. Despite that I did too many on 14, because I could :sorry: will raise the weight accordingly next time.

Forearm curls 18 kg
Bicep stretch 60s

One-legged Calf press in Leg Press 80 kg
I am adjusting very good to withstand the pain every time I train this style of calf training, this time I am sure I got one more rep out of sheer will than I otherwise could have done.

Lying Leg curl 30 kg
8+4+2 = 14
60s stretch

Hacklift 115 130 kg
70s stretch

PWO Cardio + PWO Shake 10 minutes
My cardiovascular performance increases at least noticeably each week it seems.

Today I looked like my biggest ever telling from the mirror (not in best shape though)

So to summarize: everything seems to be going great atm even though I just started.

3A

Dips 10 kg
8+4+3 = 15
90s stretch @ 17 kg dumbbells

Sitting Dumbbell Press 22 kg
11+4+3 = 18
60s stretch

CG Bench Press Smith 80 kg
8+3+2 = 13

Hammer Strength Pulldown 40 kg
10+5+3 = 18
14 minireps @ 25 kg
60s stretch

T-Bar 60 kg 75 kg
5 (Will give it one more try)

PWO Cardio + Shake 10 minutes

Some pictures on my current shape at the start of first blast:

abs_080825.jpg

db_080825.jpg

dbb_080825.jpg

fls_080825.jpg

ls_080825.jpg

sc_080825.jpg

tri_080825.jpg

Lookin good, Snig! Your back looks much, much thicker than the last time I saw you.

Great gains!

Yes it really does, I agree! thanks.
I think this might be my last "standard bulk". And in the future after my next cut I will probably try to stay more in shape. I have some other goals that i have neglected for a long time and thinking about getting satisfied with being around 80 kg at low bf (8-10-ish) which sounds like something I might realistically achieve in the future.

Yesterday
30 min cardio

Today

3B

Preachercurl 14
12+5+2 = 19
15s static

Finger BB Curl 40 kg (Gripper-like movement)
18 (argh, major pain the last 5 reps)
60s bicep stretch

Standing Calves in Smith 110 kg

Straight Legged Smith Deadlifts 80 kg
(shortened ROM because I had no other choice)
10+7+4 = 21
Jesus! Completely drained me. I should have rested less since it took some time to hook on the wrist straps. That porbably explains the high reps (7+4) which also explains why I felt so short of breath through whole exercise.
60s stretch. Had to rest for many minutes before jumping on to next exercise, and even then I didnt really feel like doing it lol
tounge.gif

The Leg Press 220 kg 260 kg
Silly-Heavy, uncomfortably high pressure in my head. usually doesnt feel like this but it didnt feel dangerous. I´m sure it will feel better next time.

PWO Cardio, only 5 minutes + PWO shake

PWO Music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa9-3H1ao5M

1A

Flat Dumbbell Press 40 kg
12+2+2 = 16
60s stretch @ 18 kg dumbbells
<span style='color:green'>+2 kg, +2 reps, 1st set = new PB</span>
Holy Cow, where did all that strength come from? My previous PB with 40kg 1 set is around 6 reps, sh*t!
wow.gif
ownage!

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press 40 kg / side
9+3+2 = 14
60s stretch
<span style='color:green'>+2½ kg</span>

Lying Tricep Extension 32½ kg
13+5+3 = 21
60s stretch with 16kg dumbbells
<span style='color:green'>+6 reps</span>

Assisted Chins -20 kg
7+4+2 = 13
15 minireps @ -30 kg
60ss stretch
<span style='color:green'>+5 kg</span>

Dumbbell Row 46 kg / 60 kg
<span style='color:green'>+2 kg
+5 kg
</span>

PWO Cardio + PWO shake
10 minutes cardio

Morning weight has been around 84 kg for a while.

Todays workout gets a &quot;workout of the year award&quot; because I was shocked by my performance.

<div>
(Sniggel @ Aug. 25 2008,3:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Currently at: 180 pounds (same height)</div>
If you figure out a way to gain some height, be sure to let me know. I could use a bit of help in that department...  
wink.gif

<div>
(TunnelRat @ Aug. 29 2008,11:14)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Sniggel @ Aug. 25 2008,3:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Currently at: 180 pounds (same height)</div>
If you figure out a way to gain some height, be sure to let me know. I could use a bit of help in that department...
wink.gif
</div>
But Tunnelrat!
You dont know the famous trick for growing vertically?
shame on you ;)

Back