Where'd you get your username?

Well...I'm white. My hair is like that of a black person's (VERY tight curls). People often ask me if I'm "mixed" (half black, half white) because of my hair. Some guys I know call me "White Bro", because I'm a white brotha'.
laugh.gif

Started in college, everybody calls you by your last name. In my case, Hunkin. I've resisted the urge to shorten it to 'Hunk'! So I used another nickname - Hunkinator.

Never worked the finals, but I was one of the first bullfighters ever hired by the PBR when it first started in the early 90's. I still stay in touch with all of the guys.

vaughns my brothers name he passed away so i use it for all my usernames to remember him by pertty soppy hey

my name is a reference to Naked Lunch, a movie by Cronenberg based on a book by William S Burroughs. when i read the book, i discovered the term was not actually used. too bad, a literary reference would sound more sophisticated :).

anyway, beyond referring to the term as it is used in the movie (dry insecticide that the protagonist's wife was using as a hallucinogenic), it also conveys some sense of humility (i picture the dusty remains of a long since dessiccated insect being blown away by a gentle current - what's more self-effacing than that). besides, i'm a programmer, which makes it seem all the more apopros (as if a miracle cure you sprinkle on code to cure it of bugs).

some of my friends actually know me as 'bug'. one even accidentally nicknamed his kid after my moniker (he didn't realize it at first).

-bugpowder

Mine was given to me by my mother.
I'm glad it wasn't overcast that day or I may have been called
Partly Cloudy !
laugh.gif

Chance Harper is the name of the character played by D B Sweeney in the TV series Strange Luck. He was always willing to take risks to help out.

Hello, Nice to be back, IamBBB = I am Big Bald & Beautiful, just think, if I were more insecure it could have been "The Comb-Over Kid"
tounge.gif
LOL!!!!!!

I'm out like the fat kid in dodge ball!

Well, mine is fairly simple...It's my first initial and last name
Paul Hospodar = phospodar.

Not very original, but it keeps me from having to remember yet another username or password....I've used it since college when it was my email login there.

:)

This page tells about Brak's origins:
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/4011/brak.html
And this page tells you what he is up to lately:
http://www.adultswim.com/shows/brak/index.html
In Summary - Brak used to be an evil space pirate and enemy of Space Ghost (back in the 80s) One minute he was just a happy space pirate, looting and pillaging, and then POOF! He's as dumb as a doornail. So now he has his own television show.

So why am I using his name...I dunno, I think he is silly and funny and his crazy songs make me smile. Ever since I saw Brak on the late night talk show "Space Ghost Coast to Coast", he has been my favorite (so I have been using this username for a long time). And now he is in the line-up with other genre-bending shows in the Adult Swim block on Cartoon Network.
Brak

I'm a full time fishing and hunting guide; name is John; Coho one of the 5 salmon species and nickname was given to me from some other guide friends of mine about 10 years ago,...gotta knack for catchin' Coho!! Hence,.."JohnnyCoho"

nice thread to bridge 2 weeks of detraining, thx ;)

my name is from a german radiostation playing electronic music or alternatively from the first sowjet satellite entering earth orbit.

hello forum btw!

my last name is "shaw" and a couple of years ago my friends and i were watching Friday one day and they mentioned "crenshaw blvd".. they changed it to "krenshaw"

Back