Why HST won't work in real life

Damn! Man I am gutted England are out and I don't even really like footy that much!
Credit to Ricardo though, man that guy can save!
Fausto,
try spywareblaster
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

adaware
http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/

Spybot search & destroy
http://www.safer-networking.org/

I've found that having all 3 installed and running regular scans keeps those evil little scripts and gremlins at bay.
J
biggrin.gif

<div>
(drpierredebs @ Jul. 01 2006,19:08)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">( I wish I put 1000 on France to Beat Brazil....damn)</div>
biggrin.gif

Me too

Fausto - ditch Windows .... Linux is the true path
smile.gif

I'm looking forward to getting the newspaper to read about the fallout from the Rooney sending off. The guys too much of a hot head and he gets himself into trouble cos of it.

Neebone, Jazzer

Thanks guys.

Hell of a cup it is going to be, hey?

Next up Italy - Germany/Portugal - France

Still betting for Portugal, he, he, he, he....for obvious reasons!

Pitty about Brazil, never thought they'd get the &quot;boot&quot; just like that!

i thought england where the better team but portugal deserved to win because they put there chances away.
i cant see them beating france though &quot; sorry fausto&quot;
italy will get an early goal against the germans and then sit back on that,then beat france in the final
&quot;

<div>
(faz @ Jul. 04 2006,08:48)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">i thought england where the better team but portugal deserved to win because they put there chances away.

&quot;</div>
I don't want this to sound like sour grapes but I have to take exception to this...the match ended nil nil and that was with portugal playing against 10 men for an hour so you can hardly say they took their chances!

Even in the penalty shoot out they missed 2...it's just we were even more dismal.

They won because either the referee made a terrible decision or rooney was an idiot (depending on your point of view) and we bottled the penalty shoot out coupled with some very good goalkeeping by Ricardo.

I have to say england haven't played well for the entire tournament although I think the 10 men were magnificent.

As for Portugal, no offence to Fausto, but I've been appalled by their attitude both in the england game and against holland (although the dutch were no better)...and didn't think much of their football against 10 men either.

My biggest gripe though is that the entire tournament has been played without anyone being allowed to tackle (cue yellow and red cards) and by a bunch of fairies trying to get each other sent off...I'm switching to rugby (at least we're world champions there even if we're rubbish now!)

Cheers

Rob

robef when i said took there chances i meant the penalties..
and i did say we were the better team.
but i must agree about this being the cheats world cup for divers and con men
rock.gif

Rob

I take the comment with my head lifted up high!

Agreed that having &quot;hot tempers is no excuse&quot;, and yes the dutch sucked big time.

As for Rooney - HE IS AN IDIOT - his head got too big, even Sir Beckham did better! Pitty about his ankle.

The tackling is getting somewhat out of hand but yep you may disagree.

As for Rugby, well the Springboks should take good care of England!

Hey - I am not such a fan of football anyways - so let us not let anyone get flamed here!

Brazil disappointed me big time
sad.gif
not even entertaining, and thegot their ass kicked!
laugh.gif

Ah, well still they missed 2 of them!

RE: con men - the worst one so far I think, particularly because the guy seems intelligent and normally full of integriity, was Henry's - hit in the chest, clutching his face, pathetic.

<div>
(faz @ Jun. 30 2006,05:05)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">jv their was another guy on here called vince basile but he had the guts to use his real name.</div>
we all loved vince, but when he origonally arrived, he did NOT use his real name, that came later.

Blast it! The &quot;Porras&quot; lost!

Never thought it would happen like that, they played well, but couldn't or didn't havbe anyone to finish off some of the brilliant passes, that goes without saying!

As for loosing out on a few good cahnces weel that's a shame, in this case however unlike rugby or american football, the ball is rather round and could therefore go either way!
laugh.gif

Well now I want the Latinos to keep it so go Italia! Alia jacta est!

For what it is worth, here is something from the FAQ that was posted by Blade regarding HST vs. HIT:

HIT or HD

To understand any comparison to HIT or HD use the following definitions:

Intensity = percentage of voluntary strength. In HIT terms it is equal to “perceived effort”.

Maximum capability - maximum voluntary strength

HST does not equal HIT. Except perhaps that they both have an H and a T in their acronyms.

- HIT's measuring stick is based on strength (performance).
- HST's measuring stick is based on growth (size).

- HIT is based on how hard it feels to lift a weight.
- HST is based on progressively loading the tissue.

- HIT's goal is fatigue.
- HST's goal is hypertrophy.

- HIT is based on a philosophy of stress.
- HST is based on the physiology of muscle cells.

- HIT came from the imagination of Mr. Jones.
- HST came from the research of dozens of independent researchers.

Understand that it is not necessary to train at 100% voluntary strength levels to stimulate &quot;growth&quot;. This is one fundamental difference between Hypertrophy-Specific Training (HST) and HIT. HST is designed only to stimulate growth. Strength of course will increase as well during HST training but this is not the primary goal of the method. It isn't necessary to push against a weight that won't move (due to load or fatigue) to induce the necessary strain to muscle that leads to growth.

After years of training I realized that I would never get any bigger training the way I was unless I could get stronger, but I couldn't get any stronger until I got bigger. I had to discover a way to get bigger without getting stronger first. The HST method allows a person to get bigger before they get stronger. Accomplishing this is dependent on frequent loading (hitting same muscle at least 3 times per week), rapid progression in loading (mandatory increase in weight every workout), and Strategic Deconditioning (a week or so completely off to allow the muscle to become vulnerable to the training stimulus).

HIT training takes this &quot;deconditioning&quot; too far. They think the muscle is &quot;recovering&quot; when it is actually past recovery and beginning to decondition thus allowing the stimulus to work the next time the muscle is trained. Unfortunately, the rate of growth is greatly dependant on the frequency of the stimulus. So with HST you hit a muscle at least 3 times as often as with HIT, and growth is greatly accelerated.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I still think the guy needs a good ol ARMBAR, or rear naked choke.</div>

Good one. LOL Maybe we can toss him in the ring Saturday night with Tito for a little ground N pound.
smile.gif

Keystone

<div>
(Totentanz @ Jul. 07 2006,09:23)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">So with HST you hit a muscle at least 3 times as often as with HIT, and growth is greatly accelerated.</div>
That's not accurate.
Ellington Darden has always recommended doing full body workouts three times a week.
(ok, so maybe he said 5 times in 2 weeks or twice a week might even be better under certain circumstances,
but most of his basic and special routines were three times a week - full body workouts).

that in fact is wrong, for Joe weider created how many champions with the same training methods, even if he didnt call it hst at the time he knew exactly how to train and what was the quickest way by trial and error.

Joe Weider

From well balanced sperbly physiqued athletes to overgrown gorilas who now populate the IFBB world, where di he go wrong?
rock.gif

Back