2 month SD and return to BB

I appreciate the concern. So far I've just gotten totally used to being without a belt except for shrugs, and in the squat I've had no problem with anything but strength. Two workouts ago the 385 slowly pushed me down to the pins; I just didn't have the stuff, but no back issues at all. I believe truly that since I retrained for ATG, (or reasonably close to) I also retrained without the belt and therefore really began to depend on thoractic pressure, self-instigated and focused throughout the lifts. I was worried about and knew that without the pressure, my back could go out at any time, and as for "needing" a belt, looking at some of the U-tube vids got me over that.
Regardless, believe me, if I begin to think I need one, I'll strap that four-incher on in a minnit. What I don't want to do is go back to relying on it, then work without it on the next submax HST cycle...which is how I believe one could really get injured.
Painted an apartment frame today (burn unit) and climbed a bunch of ladders checking on my crew's roof repairs...no steam for training left tonite. Guess I'll just play post hog.

Messed up today from some muscle relaxers taken last night...I felt like foam rubber all day. Took a couple thermo's to wake up but still felt kinda woozy.
Bench
225x5, 275x5, 305x2, 315x1, 335xfail...this is like lifting on drugs...not the good kind, 225x12.
Deads
245x5, 315x5, 365x3, 405x5, 425x1 notmybest.
Pendlays
225x5, 265x5, 305x4, 325x1 semi-sloppy rep. I won't count it as a best yet.
weight 207.

<div>
(quadancer @ Apr. 26 2008,5:57)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Messed up today from some muscle relaxers taken last night...I felt like foam rubber all day. Took a couple thermo's to wake up but still felt kinda woozy.
Bench
225x5, 275x5, 305x2, 315x1, 335xfail...this is like lifting on drugs...not the good kind, 225x12.
Deads
245x5, 315x5, 365x3, 405x5, 425x1 notmybest.
Pendlays
225x5, 265x5, 305x4, 325x1 semi-sloppy rep. I won't count it as a best yet.
weight 207.</div>
Yup, Soma, Parafon forte, Skelaxin, etc. will leave you in a puddle.

Even so, I'd like to have your deads...

Hit it after work today and still did fair; didn't make wholebody tho.
Bench
225x5, 265x5, 295x3, 315x1, 335x1 a bit sloppy, 275x7
Squats
225x5, 315x5, 355x5, 385x4 PB f/reps, 415x1 not deep enough to qualify but not a curtsey either, 405x2.
All in all a nice day. Stopped because I had to go back to work for a while.

FYI: A curtsey (also spelled curtsy) is a traditional gesture of greeting, in which a woman bends her knees while bowing her head. It is the female equivalent of male bowing in Western cultures. The word &quot;curtsy&quot; is a phonological change from &quot;courtesy&quot; known in linguistics as syncope.

<div>
(colby2152 @ Apr. 30 2008,8:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">FYI: A curtsey (also spelled curtsy) is a traditional gesture of greeting, in which a woman bends her knees while bowing her head. It is the female equivalent of male bowing in Western cultures. The word &quot;curtsy&quot; is a phonological change from &quot;courtesy&quot; known in linguistics as syncope.</div>
Eh?

<div>
(lcars @ Apr. 30 2008,11:54)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(colby2152 @ Apr. 30 2008,8:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">FYI: A curtsey (also spelled curtsy) is a traditional gesture of greeting, in which a woman bends her knees while bowing her head. It is the female equivalent of male bowing in Western cultures. The word &quot;curtsy&quot; is a phonological change from &quot;courtesy&quot; known in linguistics as syncope.</div>
Eh?</div>
Quad said this word in his last WO post.

Actuary, keep thyself to thy numbers! Leave the fancy word stuff for us lawyers...
wink.gif

<div>
(TunnelRat @ May 01 2008,10:10)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Actuary, keep thyself to thy numbers! Leave the fancy word stuff for us lawyers...
wink.gif
</div>
I should know my boundaries!

I'll go check up on the favorite exercise polls!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

Shrugs for warmup
225x10, 315x10, 405x10

THE LOL CHALLENGE or the Back Routine From Hell...
I just had to do it; I had to know, so copied my buddy's routine to a &quot;T&quot; except for a couple extra elbee's...
Killer DEADS
WU's - 135, 225, 315, 355x15...went and told my wife...gaspwheeze.....I....cough, gasp.....beat.......haaack, gasp, wheeze....him..... it's getting dark now...
Took 5 minutes for my pacer to catch up!
Pendlay's
225x5, 265x5, 305x5, 325x3 PR. huh? Painkiller musta kicked in...

Fantastic Quadman you son-of-a-gun. You are a complete and utter nut and I know exactly how you felt! I hope you suffer as much tomorrow as I did today.  
laugh.gif

You did rather better than me; lifting 355 each time means you lifted an extra 45lb more than I did. Very cool and heaps of respect.

What I didn't expect was that my rear delts would get so sore. It's like I did 10 sets of bent-over rows or something. Good to know that deads hit them hard as well.

I can see I'm going to have to try 15 x 360 when I'm feeling on top form again and before next cycle, although maybe I should just focus on getting to 500 and giving Tot a run for his money? Just imagine what it must be like for Steve doing crazy reps with around 450lb?!  
wow.gif

Well my friend, the strangest thing happened in the set. My PECS tightened up and right in the centers, above the nipple, kind of cramped! WEIRD!
450 for Steve is nothin'. He's HUGE; I wish I could post a pic or two I have of him, but for business reasons of his, I can't.

You guys are insane. Now I'm tempted to do some 15s some time soon just to see if I can survive it. Last time I did 15s with deads or squats, I felt like I had run several miles without stopping...

<div>
(colby2152 @ May 01 2008,9:34)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I'm going to go back to my crib now...</div>
Yeah, I think I might start sucking my thumb...

Began the AndroGenerator product I've probably been ripped off on yesterday afternoon - I should have researched the threads more before buying, but I'll run it along with my PCT: can't hurt.
Bench
225x5, 275x5, 305x2-wha?, 315x2, 345xfailed, 275x7 ...no better than last workout.
Skulls
100x10, 110x10, 120x10 got a headache; will split this w.o.
Evening: 30 min. cardio/540 cals. elliptical

Tired. Decided to lose the straps today to begin some grip training for you hardasses on the contest! BW 210 (big late lunch)
Freeweight lever machine pulldowns
135x10, 225x10
Weighted Pullups
35x4 forearm pains
Chins
35x6, 35x8, 45x7
DB curls
42x10, 47x10 I quit. I feel like crap for some reason.
edit: Mon wakeup; feel much better, good sleep.

Work and heat. Got in for some small stuff, playing catchup. Coupla painkillers (NOT Vicodene) to help the joints; they've been bothering me a lot lately.
Squats
225x5, 315x5, 365x5, 315x13
Shrugs
315x10, 405x10, 405x10

That's some great squatting Quad. 315 is now around your 15RM which is awesome.

Heavy shrugs too. Did you do them without straps? If you did then I don't know what all the fuss was about.
tounge.gif

Back