2 month SD and return to BB

nkl: the bar on the traps or lower traps too is the problem: the manta ray spreads out the pressure so it's bearable, actually comforable; but I had to cut out the neck area with a knife to fit my 18+" neck. You have to practice getting it low on the traps; it wants to sit up behind your neck.
Joe: yep, SD worked well for me before, but I lost my gains not knowing how to LIFT after a cycle, and used 6-oxo for PCT, which was crap. This is the third time I've used it, but the first on a cut. So far so good; keeping the beef.
Last night was a disaster of staying awake. My wife's grandmother went critical so we went to south Georgia. I doubt I'll be able to work out today to any good effect.

208 lbs. this morning. Still fat.
Pendlay's
225x5, 245x5, 275x5, 295x5, 315x3 reps came up, same weights.
Deads
225x5, 315x5, 365x5, 405x5, 425x2 whoopah...435xfailed. (my last PR)
Bench
225x5, 245x5, 275x4 (shoulda been 5), 325xfailed, 245x10 Deads got me.
BW dips
25, 22, 20
Face Pulls
25, 25 clustered
Get busy Lol; I'm not going to the Highlands!!!
laugh.gif

Da bad man frum da bad lands!

Normally I'd use around 90 or so right now (I forget, but it's logged) but I just wanted to blast the triceps more than chest after the big bench set of 10. Plus I believe it's good to intersperse some mitochondrial work in with the big stuff now and then.

<div>
(quadancer @ Apr. 08 2008,20:19)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">WHOOPAH! PR day! Still about 210lbs. Feelin' spunky today.
Squats
225x5, 315x7, 345x5, 365x3 (my last PR single), 375x1 (PR!), 385x1 (PR!)
Bench
225x5, 245x5, 275x5, 315x1, 315x failed.
Shrugs
315x10, 405x10, 425x6 ...not a PR, but getting nice.
Woof.  
smile.gif
</div>
Woof, indeed! Nice lifts, Quad!
smile.gif

the numbers look good especially without a spotter.

are you ever gonna cut-up quad or is it mass all the way?

I'm doing IF right now, cutting. I believe there are several of us using it, and Tot is bulking on it. I got so sloppy in the gut (the only place I put on fat) I got sick of it. I'm using Superdrol to help keep the gains along with the heavy lifting, but I'm just doing a light cycle of it. With low test, gains disappear easily.
Goal never changes: big, strong. More or less +/- 15%, preferably a little less. Too hard to get single digits and have any mass left for me. I envy the guys who wear loose shirts and you immediately know they lift iron without asking.
If all that doesn't work, it's just HANG ON to all I can! At least people step aside for me.
biggrin.gif

Lousy day, starting a new project and working out in the evening (which I hate).
Squats - went up to my new PR of 385, which just pushed me down to the pins, so I finished off with 315x10 and called it.
Shrugs weren't too bad, topping off a bit higher.
315x10, 405x8, 405x10, 455x5.
Off to the tv, some chili, cheese and an O'douls. Nothin' left to bench with.

Ha! After the failure, that felt like a stick of candy! I had all sorts of bad thoughts on the way down with that PR...the main one being that it wasn't ABOUT to go back UP!
wow.gif

My next good workout will probably be Saturday morning, since I'm back to work now. Sure was fun being off almost a week there; made for some nice lifting!

<div>
(quadancer @ Apr. 14 2008,6:58)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Lousy day, starting a new project and working out in the evening (which I hate).
Squats - went up to my new PR of 385, which just pushed me down to the pins, so I finished off with 315x10 and called it.
Shrugs weren't too bad, topping off a bit higher.
315x10, 405x8, 405x10, 455x5.
Off to the tv, some chili, cheese and an O'douls. Nothin' left to bench with.</div>
damn thats some high numbers on the shrugs, ive never tried going really heavy, i usually aim for 300lbs@10-15 reps strict.
youd make a good trainin partner as we hit similar numbers in most things.

well done on the progress.

Yeah, I've always watched you, Lol, and Tot (despite his tiny bench...mine was too!). Too bad you guys live on the wrong side of the pond!
Oh, and I do power shrugs, so the numbers tend to be bigger, but I've always pulled heavy for these anyway. My failed rep fror shrugs is when I can't clear the (*cough*) dong. Has to hit the swell plate.

Traps are easily my strongest bodypart too. When I was shrugging I got over 400 lb.s for multiple reps, but my grip always gives out before my traps. I would need to get some good straps if I were to get back into shrugging. For now deadlifts are are all I need for my traps.

<div>
(scientific muscle @ Apr. 15 2008,10:52)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">but my grip always gives out before my traps.  I would need to get some good straps if I were to get back into shrugging.</div>
Getcha a pair of VersaGrips -- they work great! Faster and easier than straps...

i guess it depends on how heavy you go but i never use straps unless i really have to.ive managed 500lbs for 5-10 seconds without them, so if you can, build up your grip where possible. static holds are good for this.

You're tied with Lol for grip then! I just don't have it, never did, but I generally can work reps up to around 350. Haven't tried statics yet; just not worried about grip; not competing. I'd bet ALL of our grips are way better than the average.

Early morning workout stunk: bench was weak, weight is UP a bit, and the phone took the rest of my time. Oh well.

I always preferred heavy dumbells for traps.

You can't go as heavy...but man they burn like hell and give you one GREAT stretch!

I love training TRAPS...I haven't trained them in over a year at least...I used to hit them with about 6 sets directly a weak...and I was getting to the point my wife said my neck looked nasty big...which in our world means hell yeah we are finally getting somewhere.

Long story short I quit the direct work on them to focus on my back and chest direct sets.

Still can't get the damn back to grow...I guess its genetics!

Joe: for me, I've found that Pendlay's and narrowgrip Pullups are the most effective for back, one for thickness and one for width.
I've decided that since I tend to miss so many workouts when doing these big downtown jobs, I'm going to rotate 3 exersizes, only alternating one.
Bench, Pendlay's, and for legs squats and deads. I'll just do 3-4 sets in the morning before hitting the road for a bodypart. If I have any steam in the evenings, I'll do the fluff work. I should be able to at least keep gains this way while cutting slowly.
This morning will be pendlay's. They're so much fun!
edit: and so they were...
225x5, 275x5, 295x4...uhoh...255x8 still weak in the mornings or it's the job getting to me. I'd like to see 350 someday, so I pull as much as I bench. That may not be possible, due to the limitations of the forearms, but at least it's a target.

Quick afternoon workout before hitting the road tonight:
Deads x 5
225, 275, 305, 335, 365, 405 - felt pretty good. Had done BW chins 3 x 15 at work in a playground today, just showing off in front of the local housewives, heh.
Shame on me. Hope to borrow a bench tomorrow down in Hinesville from a cousin and get that done before the funeral, but I dunno. Is that typical of us....the only guy in the room breathing hard, redfaced and pumped?

Back